The Soul Equation

3 hours ago, Pastor Dave said:

This came across my Facebook this evening. If you can sit through this I'm interested in hearing your comments. I'll hold my thoughts for now so as not to influence anyone.

Soul Equation

I managed to stay awake through the first video.  Some place through the second video, I gave out.

Some of it seems possible.  Some of it seems like gibberish.  Much of it sets of my BS detector.  I could really do without the air of certitude.  The more I watch,  the more certain I am that it's crap.  

On 6/2/2017 at 1:01 AM, Jonathan H. B. Lobl said:

I managed to stay awake through the first video.  Some place through the second video, I gave out.

Some of it seems possible.  Some of it seems like gibberish.  Much of it sets of my BS detector.  I could really do without the air of certitude.  The more I watch,  the more certain I am that it's crap.  

Well it looks like we are the only ones who were able to watch this guy. Yep BS detector. IMO he starts out ok but quickly loses credibility. Since I don't practice that kind of math I can neither confirm nor disprove his conclusion but it seems to me that there should be 42 blackboards full of math before that could be arrived at.

7 hours ago, Pastor Dave said:

Well it looks like we are the only ones who were able to watch this guy. Yep BS detector. IMO he starts out ok but quickly loses credibility. Since I don't practice that kind of math I can neither confirm nor disprove his conclusion but it seems to me that there should be 42 blackboards full of math before that could be arrived at.

What did you make of the makeup he was wearing?  In particular the circle with the vertical lines around his left eye?  And the black fingernail polish?  If I wanted to spread strange ideas, I would look as normal as possible.  Everything about him screams cult -- in the worst way.  He's looking for a following.  He'll probably gather it.  Sheep love that air of certitude.  

6 hours ago, Jonathan H. B. Lobl said:

What did you make of the makeup he was wearing?  In particular the circle with the vertical lines around his left eye?  And the black fingernail polish?  If I wanted to spread strange ideas, I would look as normal as possible.  Everything about him screams cult -- in the worst way.  He's looking for a following.  He'll probably gather it.  Sheep love that air of certitude.  

I first thought of Alice Cooper. But I'm a little old. My sons would have probably thought of Marilyn Manson. IMO he's definitely looking to draw his following from the Goth crowd.

Yeah, there are probably enough people looking for that type of shepherd. That video only has a little over 400 likes out of ~4000 views.... still, that's a lot of people that seem to be buying what he's saying.  SMH

8 hours ago, Pastor Dave said:

I first thought of Alice Cooper. But I'm a little old. My sons would have probably thought of Marilyn Manson. IMO he's definitely looking to draw his following from the Goth crowd.

Yeah, there are probably enough people looking for that type of shepherd. That video only has a little over 400 likes out of ~4000 views.... still, that's a lot of people that seem to be buying what he's saying.  SMH

My first reaction was that he was a "wraith" from the Stargate science fiction series.  I don't know if you have seen the wraiths.  Long blond hair and pale skin.  They suck the life force out of their victims through their hands.  Sort of a reverse reiki but very fast.

Despite everything, I actually found the first few minutes to be seductive.  The whole thing about finding a religious path based on math instead of mysticism.  It has it's appeal.  Understanding based on math instead of Scripture.  Then the creep factor got to be too strong to ignore.  The math never was never explained except in the most superficial way.  He kept repeating "sign" and "cosign" as though that were enough.  

In hindsight, the voice was carefully modulated.  I think it was meant to induce a trance.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/3/2017 at 11:46 PM, Pastor Dave said:

T. J. Kirk --a.k.a. the Amazing Atheist -- did his own rebuttal video.  Kirk is an obnoxious loudmouth and very irritating, but he scores good points that I had over looked.