Georgia Guidestones

I recently came across an article about Christian organizations demanding the removal of the "Satanic" stones.  Thought I would share that the stones are not on publicly owned land, so I don't see a problem with them.  Whether the ten commandments, or this, doesn't matter to me.  So long as it isn't funded by the public.

For those who have never heard of them, as I had not... a link.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georgia_Guidestones 

well...I am not tech savvy.  I cannot tell if that will actually make a link or just give the letters to it.  Sorry.

9 hours ago, cuchulain said:

I recently came across an article about Christian organizations demanding the removal of the "Satanic" stones.  Thought I would share that the stones are not on publicly owned land, so I don't see a problem with them.  Whether the ten commandments, or this, doesn't matter to me.  So long as it isn't funded by the public.

For those who have never heard of them, as I had not... a link. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georgia_Guidestones

well...I am not tech savvy.  I cannot tell if that will actually make a link or just give the letters to it.  Sorry.

I looked over the article.  In the history section, we find  

.[2] Christian later transferred ownership of the land and the Guidestones to Elbert County.[2]

Nothing else matters.  The superstitious and the fearful will destroy it.  Much as the Taliban destroyed the ancient Buddhas and Isis destroyed the contents of the Iraq museum.  

On 4/18/2017 at 11:55 AM, mererdog said:

From what I see, the stones seem to espouse a secular agenda, and to be silent on the subject of religion. Doesn't really seem much different than the Statue of Liberty, as far as that goes...

It seems secular to me as well.  The issue arose in that a lot of local Christian groups are raising a big stink about it because the ideas the guide stones espouse resemble the Satanic commandments, and are demanding their removal.

1 hour ago, cuchulain said:

It seems secular to me as well.  The issue arose in that a lot of local Christian groups are raising a big stink about it because the ideas the guide stones espouse resemble the Satanic commandments, and are demanding their removal.

Its an amazingly weak argument. They may as well just shout "I don't like it! Make it go away!"

On 4/21/2017 at 5:09 PM, cuchulain said:

one difference though. the property and stones were originally private owned whereas the ten commandments issues seem to be always public first.

Such is the intrusion, by institutional religion, onto public space.  After all -- "THEY" need it.  The churches always know what everybody else needs.  Whether they want it or not.

:sigh2:

Ive visited them. I had heard that people have weird vibes from them. Didn't tell my wife and kids. My wife got really nauseous when we got up to them and my daughter (3 at the time) ran back to the car saying she didnt like the "voices". Weird but certainly not conclusive. Folks around the Elberton/Athens area have a hundred stories about where the money came from to build them and even more stories about the stuff that happens around them.

From what I recall, it was funded and as far as I know is still funded by a private trust. The commands don't seem that bad until you realize that achieving the goals it  champions would require the elimination of nearly 93% of the world's population. I'd be interested in finding out how that's done without breaking rules 5, 6, and 7:

"5. Protect people and nations with fair laws and just courts.

6. Let all nations rule internally resolving external disputes in a world court.

7. Avoid petty laws and useless officials."

Maybe those rules only go into effect after the vast worldwide holocaust hits its mark. 

Edited by RevRattlesnake