Just wanted to get my own intro in here. I joined the site just this morning. So... on to the intro I guess...

I'm in my mid-40s, Pagan since 1990 and interested in working on religious comparison and tolerance, particularly in the last few years. My Southern Baptist husband and I have been married for 22 years now without any religious conflict. I have one adult son who is currently undecided.  So many people are leaning towards dealing with weddings and blessings, which are important and fantastic. But I feel there is a whole side being overlooked in the pagan community that deals with crisis. I'm here because I'd like to focus on study that will lead me towards doing alternative pastoral duties in hospitals and funeral rites, and pagan related counseling for those who are having trouble dealing with the passing of a loved one. I don't feel ready for such until I've gained a bit more proper study to that effect. I'm working through the social work side through other programs but would like to focus on the spiritual side as well. 

Anyway, greetings, well met and hope to see you all around.

11 hours ago, AmberLF said:

LOL Thank you very much... I think?

Poking around I see quite a few interesting topics. Migraine had me off yesterday but hopefully I can settle into a few things over the next few weeks.

Greetings to you my sister,

Welcome to the forum.  Considering the interest you expressed in Chaplaincy, you may wish to look at this link:  www.acpe.edu 

This will take you to the home page of the Association for Clinical Pastoral Education.  This is a national organization that certifies centers in hospitals and other institutions (like prisons and nursing homes) that provide chaplaincy training.  This is a non-denominational and very ecumenical organization open to all faith systems. Most mainline denominations require that their ordained ministers take at least one unit of CPE before they are ordained.  Many non-ordained people also enroll in a CPE program if they feel the desire to enter into chaplaincy as a lay person.  Good luck!

In Solidarity,

Rev. Calli