1 minute ago, Jonathan H. B. Lobl said:

It forced me to be honest with myself.  I really had to search my heart at that point, and ask if I actually believed any of it.  The answer came back, loud and clear.  No.  I did not believe any of it.  Not one word.  I was living a lie.  Without integrity. I had to stop.  I had to be authentic.

I can empathize, my friend.

4 minutes ago, scottedward said:

I can empathize, my friend.

Thank you.  I don't want to say that I have seen and done it all.  But I have seen and done a lot.  Frequently, way more than the people who question my Atheism.  Who Insist that I must be angry with God.  That I should try prayer.

Screw it all.  There is no going back.

I was working with Pantheism for a while.  In the end that also failed.

On 3/28/2017 at 1:36 PM, scottedward said:

I'd like to take a moment to acknowledge those who have been unjustly ostracized from The Church of Scientology, 'disconnected' from any indoctrinated family, and yet still choose to risk legal consequences from their former church by practicing the religion.

Hm, religious persecution... interesting...

Greetings to you my brother,

While I do believe that there are many valid ways to seek a relationship with God, I am very weary of any religious system that finds the need to trademark their scriptures and keep their core beliefs hidden from all but those who can afford to pay for the privilege of being enlightened.

In Solidarity,

Rev. Calli

On 3/31/2017 at 10:58 AM, scottedward said:

I'm not entirely sure if the differences of scope or type should matter, if any of us are able to question motives. 

Personally, I am not questioning motives. Some groups are simply harder to research than others. The more competing claims about the group there are flying around, the more effort it takes to sort fact from fiction. Make sense?

21 hours ago, mererdog said:

Personally, I am not questioning motives. Some groups are simply harder to research than others. The more competing claims about the group there are flying around, the more effort it takes to sort fact from fiction. Make sense?

Yes it does, excuse me for taking so long.

On 3/31/2017 at 7:44 PM, Rev. Calli said:

While I do believe that there are many valid ways to seek a relationship with God, I am very weary of any religious system that finds the need to trademark their scriptures and keep their core beliefs hidden from all but those who can afford to pay for the privilege of being enlightened.

In Solidarity,

Rev. Calli

i agree with you. It very much seems to me that the church of Scientology has become a money-making machine, and I've very little patience for any practice that utilizes belief to make a profit. 

On 3/31/2017 at 8:44 PM, Rev. Calli said:

In Solidarity,

Rev. Calli

Most of the time I would agree with you.  Most, but not all.  There are a few traditional paths which have a history of being dangerous.

Kabalah  is esoteric Judaism.  It is famous for leading to insanity.

Kundalini Yoga.  By reputation at least, a dangerous path.  Another path to insanity.

Sometimes, things really are dangerous and should be kept under lock and key for public safety.  

3 hours ago, Bro. Hex said:

Did your quest include the Church of the FSM* ??
Infinitely more attractive, IMHO, than any of those just mentioned above!!

*(Flying Spaghetti Monster,... Blessed Be His Name !) 

Maybe down the line.  For me, having to dress up like a pirate is a deal breaker.  On the other hand, you have to love those sacraments.  A spaghetti meal with real Parmesan cheese and a side of garlic bread.  When they eat the flesh of their Lord, they make a full meal of it.  No little wafer for them.

"Make America Grate again."

Edited by Jonathan H. B. Lobl
On 4/4/2017 at 0:55 PM, scottedward said:

i agree with you. It very much seems to me that the church of Scientology has become a money-making machine, and I've very little patience for any practice that utilizes belief to make a profit. 

It is said that very early in his career, L. Ron Hubbard had quipped that the best way to make money was to start a religion.  Many people (myself included) believe that he took his own advice.

In solidarity,

Rev. Calli

On 4/4/2017 at 4:18 PM, Jonathan H. B. Lobl said:

Most of the time I would agree with you.  Most, but not all.  There are a few traditional paths which have a history of being dangerous.

Kabalah  is esoteric Judaism.  It is famous for leading to insanity.

Kundalini Yoga.  By reputation at least, a dangerous path.  Another path to insanity.Fro

Sometimes, things really are dangerous and should be kept under lock and key for public safety.  

I would not disagree that there are faith paths that can be very dangerous.  Christian Identity comes readily to mind.  From my particular faith perspective though, I see God as wanting us to know, understand and love her freely.  The idea that any form of knowledge of God (at least accurate knowledge) could be dangerous or harmful is not one I find acceptable.  But hey, that's just my personal perspective. 

In solidarity,

Rev. Calli

3 hours ago, Rev. Calli said:

I would not disagree that there are faith paths that can be very dangerous.  Christian Identity comes readily to mind.  From my particular faith perspective though, I see God as wanting us to know, understand and love her freely.  The idea that any form of knowledge of God (at least accurate knowledge) could be dangerous or harmful is not one I find acceptable.  But hey, that's just my personal perspective. 

In solidarity,

Rev. Calli

The dangers of the Kabalistic path are things of legend and folklore.  Maybe it's real.  Maybe it's bullsh*t.  I advise caution.  Likewise, Kundalini Yoga.  I don't know anybody who had a "Kundalini crack up."  Such things are part of the folklore.  

A bit of wisdom from ancient Greece.  "Who the gods love, they first make mad."

On 4/8/2017 at 7:33 PM, Jonathan H. B. Lobl said:

The dangers of the Kabalistic path are things of legend and folklore.  Maybe it's real.  Maybe it's bullsh*t.  I advise caution.  Likewise, Kundalini Yoga.  I don't know anybody who had a "Kundalini crack up."  Such things are part of the folklore.  

A bit of wisdom from ancient Greece.  "Who the gods love, they first make mad."

Actually, I believe the quote is "Whom Gods destroy, they first make mad."

In Solidarity,

Rev. Calli