the good of spirituality

10 hours ago, cuchulain said:

So then hiding it at the time, and committing adultery before the divorce, those weren't bad things?  I reiterate, why did he hide the affair?

Never said the affair was hidden. Your missing the bigger point of my analogy, which is that doing good things doesn't please God when you don't believe in God. If your not acting in His name, your only doing good for yourself or someone else, not God. And despite good deeds, a nonbeliever receives no forgiveness for their bad deeds. So whatever a nonbeliever classifies as a good deed becomes a moot point, hell is still the end point.       

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, Dan56 said:

Never said the affair was hidden. Your missing the bigger point of my analogy, which is that doing good things doesn't please God when you don't believe in God. If your not acting in His name, your only doing good for yourself or someone else, not God. And despite good deeds, a nonbeliever receives no forgiveness for their bad deeds. So whatever a nonbeliever classifies as a good deed becomes a moot point, hell is still the end point.       

Strange that you respect a God who does not respect good deeds and would send a good man to hell.

I expect nothing less from a vile demiurge.

Regards

DL

14 hours ago, Gnostic Bishop said:

Strange that you respect a God who does not respect good deeds and would send a good man to hell.

I expect nothing less from a vile demiurge.

Jesus said; "There is none good but one, that is, God." (Mark 10:18).. Since everyone has sinned and broken the law, your conclusion that God would send a good man to hell is impossible. By your analysis, you think there are good people, but God says; "We are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags" (Isaiah 64:6). 

15 hours ago, Dan56 said:

Jesus said; "There is none good but one, that is, God." (Mark 10:18)..

Your dogma was set up to have you forget that God creates all of us perfect. It is a shame you do not believe your bible.

Deuteronomy 32:4 He is the Rock, his work is perfect:

Gen 3:2 And the Lord God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil:

Bishop Spong has written of how Christian tradition has lowered man so that we might grovel for God's forgiveness.

. It is easy to see why. A man will pay more if he thinks he needs help than if he thinks he is ok.

Man is God and man is good. Except for those like you who adore a genocidal son murderer.

Since everyone has sinned and broken the law, your conclusion that God would send a good man to hell is impossible.

If God made us all sinners as you indicate, then turns around and punishes us for being exactly as created, then he is a vile **. Why are you following a vile genocidal son murdering **?

By your analysis, you think there are good people, but God says; "We are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags" (Isaiah 64:6). 

That is your money grubbing church talking and not God.

Google Martin Luther Indulgences and see the money grubbers at work.

You follow their fall thinking and ignore that the Jews say Eden as our elevation.

They were right and you are wrong.

Regards

DL

Edited by Gnostic Bishop

8 hours ago, Gnostic Bishop said:

What Dan is giving you is standard Christian theology.  It's no use arguing this point.  Your argument is with standard Christian theology.  It is what it is and it can not be changed or fixed.   Arguing won't make anything right.

Your dogma was set up to have you forget that God creates all of us perfect. It is a shame you do not believe your bible.

I do believe that, but I also believe we were created with 'free will', and what was originally perfect became corrupted.

If God made us all sinners as you indicate, then turns around and punishes us for being exactly as created, then he is a vile

Again, 'free will'... God did not create us sinners, so blaming Him is futile. Sinning was our choice, God did not create sin, it emanates from within us.

37 minutes ago, Jonathan H. B. Lobl said:

What Dan is giving you is standard Christian theology.  It's no use arguing this point.  Your argument is with standard Christian theology.  It is what it is and it can not be changed or fixed.   Arguing won't make anything right.

I simply believe and purport what the bible teaches..  But your correct, no argument  can change what's written.

1 hour ago, Dan56 said:

I do believe that, but I also believe we were created with 'free will', and what was originally perfect became corrupted.

Again, 'free will'... God did not create us sinners, so blaming Him is futile. Sinning was our choice, God did not create sin, it emanates from within us.

I simply believe and purport what the bible teaches..  But your correct, no argument  can change what's written.

That is the problem, isn't it?  It is a complete, finished, unchanging work.  We accept it or not, but it can not be changed.  Argument is futile.

:sigh2: