Once Saved Always Saved, Eternal Security

I'm not familiar with the term "sealed". Could you mean "saved"? As for whether one can lose their salvation... According to the teachings of 2 of the 3 denominations of Christian churches I have been affiliated with.... Once one has accepted Jesus as their personal savior, confessed their sins, and been baptized, it's a done deal.

Personally, my belief is that EVERY soul has a place reserved for them within the embrace of our Creator (whether they recognize His existence or not) and despite the commission of even the most heinous of offenses against Man or God....

Edited by Songster

"I am not a Christian anymore, but this was on ongoing argument between my Baptist grandmother and my Pentecostal great aunt (which had been going on since before I was born). My grandmother believed once saved, always saved. My great aunt believed someone could backslide and lose his salvation. I asked my grandmother one time what if someone had been saved but years later committed cold-blooded murder. My grandmother's answer was that if someone was truly saved to begin with, then he would not murder someone in the future. So I guess, according to her, that someone didn't lose his salvation but may have not been actually saved to begin with. (Just because someone outwardly professed his salvation did not mean it inwardly took hold.) I don't know how a trained theologian would explain this; this was just my Southern grandmother's plain sense interpretation which was also the viewpoint of her fellow church goers. "Once (truly) saved, always saved."

Bendithion,

Myrddin

Edited by Myrddin

Thanks for your replies. I am actually more interested in what you people believe :-)

Just under this youtube video (www.youtube.com/watch?v=mz1bF3TXB1Y)  there are more than 10,000 posts about this topic.

People are roughly divided 50/50.  Some say that once you accept Jesus as your savior, then you go to heaven regardless of any future actions (good or bad) while the others say that you can backslide and lose the free gift of salvation offered by God.

Edited by OvergrownHamster

I don't personally believe in the OSAS doctrine.. Not because God isn't faithful, but because I've seen one-time believers have a change of heart.. As long as a person can change their mind and lose their faith, salvation isn't  guaranteed.. Paul said; "I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith" (2 Timothy 4:7). That's a prerequisite

On ‎06‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 2:06 AM, OvergrownHamster said:

Once eternal life is granted to a believer, can they lose their salvation ?

I'm talking about when a person receives the holy spirit and is sealed.

Eternal life is a myth. I cannot see anyone wanting to be eternal. It would be quite the boring existence.

But to your issues.

Satan was created eternal and good yet turned to evil, as some incorrectly think, so it seems that Satan lost her salvation and initial goodness.

If Satan was good as some think, then Yahweh is the vile demiurge that Gnostic Christians think he is.

To Jews and Gnostic Christians, Satan is man's savior and not Jesus. Not savior in terms of forgiving us of course, no one but ourselves can do that, but in terms of gaining the mental ability to know we should be forgiving ourselves at some point in time.

Satan elevated man while God wanted to keep us morally blind and rather stupid.

Regards

DL 

Edited by Gnostic Bishop

5 hours ago, Gnostic Bishop said:

... God wanted to keep us morally blind and rather stupid.

I've perused what you have contributed to this site, and based on the content of your posts, if there is any truth to the comment quoted here... in your case, He succeeded.

Edited by Songster

I'm with Dan on this one. I believe a person can be truly saved and have something happen that causes them to no longer want to be a part of the kingdom of God. The one thing I see most often causing a person to turn from God is the loss of a loved one. Because God didn't give that loved one a longer life they become angry at God and turn from Him to anything that is against Him. I believe that when something like this happens a persons salvation can be lost.

Romans 11:22 King James Version (KJV)

22 Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off.

if thou continue in his goodness. You can make a conscious choice not to continue in grace.