8 minutes ago, Rev Linda Hourihan said:

When you refer to "our myth," do you mean Gnosticism?

Interesting. Still processing.

Yes. I am a Gnostic Christian and our myths refers to the few that Christianity did not burn when they decimated us and disallowed freedom of thought and belief. Timothy Frek speaks of those days in what I will put below of how I understand Gnostic teachings and methods.

I am a Gnostic Christian, Our beliefs are not what Christianity says they are. We lost the God wars and they distorted our belief system. The lies have been known since the findings of our scriptures and myths at Nag Hammadi.

http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/nhl.html

Gnostic Christianity is a teaching system from Jesus but not the one the church ever dares to teach. It frees us from religion and that is of course not what religions want. They never want the student to graduate as they might lose revenue and people.

Here is a bit of history as well as a nutshell version of how that freedom is gained.

Gnostic Christians are perpetual seekers after God. God here I define as the best laws and rules to live life with.

We believe that those laws and rules, as Jesus said, are found in our minds/hearts. I use the following to try to illustrate this notion. A bit of history and then a mindset and method to do what I promote.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oR02ciandvg&feature=BFa&list=PLCBF574D

The thinking shown below is the Gnostic Christian’s goal as taught by Jesus but know that any belief can be internalized to activate your higher mind.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alRNbesfXXw&feature=player_embedded

This method and mind set is how you become I am and brethren to Jesus, in the esoteric sense.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdSVl_HOo8Y

When you can name your God, I am, and mean yourself, you will begin to know the only God you will ever find. Becoming a God is to become more fully human and a brethren to Jesus.

Regards

DL

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On ‎8‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 0:49 AM, Rev Linda Hourihan said:
1 hour ago, Gnostic Bishop said:

Yes. I am a Gnostic Christian and our myths refers to the few that Christianity did not burn when they decimated us and disallowed freedom of thought and belief. Timothy Frek speaks of those days in what I will put below of how I understand Gnostic teachings and methods.

I am a Gnostic Christian, Our beliefs are not what Christianity says they are. We lost the God wars and they distorted our belief system. The lies have been known since the findings of our scriptures and myths at Nag Hammadi.

Gnostic Christianity is a teaching system from Jesus but not the one the church ever dares to teach. It frees us from religion and that is of course not what religions want. They never want the student to graduate as they might lose revenue and people.

Here is a bit of history as well as a nutshell version of how that freedom is gained.

Gnostic Christians are perpetual seekers after God. God here I define as the best laws and rules to live life with.

We believe that those laws and rules, as Jesus said, are found in our minds/hearts. I use the following to try to illustrate this notion. A bit of history and then a mindset and method to do what I promote.

The thinking shown below is the Gnostic Christian’s goal as taught by Jesus but know that any belief can be internalized to activate your higher mind.

This method and mind set is how you become I am and brethren to Jesus, in the esoteric sense.

When you can name your God, I am, and mean yourself, you will begin to know the only God you will ever find. Becoming a God is to become more fully human and a brethren to Jesus.

Regards

DL

1 hour ago, Gnostic Bishop said:

Regards

DL

Thank You DL ~ I will spend some time looking at this ~ RL

This post is about the Master of Chaplaincy Lesson #16 on "The Soul-Friend."  Life provides us many opportunities to help us help others, sometimes stretching beyond what we sometimes think is possible. The following is a post that I put on my website 2 days ago, but is pertinent for this lesson.

Jesus operated without a church. Yes, he taught in the Temple, but he also taught wherever people were. Taking this example, I was asked by my friend, who has since died, if I could give her dying sister energy work and counseling sessions. I went to the sister's house for her sessions, when she could no long come to my office.

She knew she was dying of cancer, yet this woman remains one of the most positive, emotionally and spiritually stable people I have ever met. She asked for reflexology. I looked up at her angelic face, which radiated with a beautiful smile.

One day my friend called me and told me her sister was calling everyone she wanted to say good-bye to, and asked me if I could come to her sister one last time. I should mention I never went out to house calls in my professional work. But this case was different. On this day, I showed up for the last reflexology session, greeted by her incredible smile of joy. At the end of the reflexology session, she looked so peaceful and was grateful I had come. I didn't want to leave the room, feeling like if I didn't leave the room, she would not die. We talked, but finally I had to leave. She said, "Good bye," smiling and at peace.

I edged out of the room, graced by that beautiful smile of hers. What could make her so positive, so joyous, so at peace at a time like this? Her belief in a loving God and the eternal promises of the after life impressed upon my heart.

The next thing I knew my friend who had ignored her own health, had cancer. I would drive the two and one-half hours one way to pick her up and bring her to my house for the weekend, after I had retired from work, giving her a break. I treasured these visits. In the end, I got a call from her family, asking me to come down so she could say good-bye to me too. A smile also graced her lips.

The common thread between my friend and her sister were the incredible lives they lived, which included much struggle and strife, more than many other lives I have witnessed, even to this day. How they overcame such odds against them, while retaining their serenity and peace, is a tremendous lesson in love, on a life well lived, and an indelible model of integrity when at the end of life.

Jesus operated without a church. That is what I am doing. This lesson asked if anyone had reached out to us as a soul-friend. Both of these women I mention sought me not just for human friendship and fun. They were seeking a God connection, a prayer connection and a healing connection. These women had a great love for each other, but they also had a beautiful belief in life after death, in a God who loves them. I felt honored to help these women in this way.

8 hours ago, Rev Linda Hourihan said:

I see what you are saying. This also agrees with what I posted a few days ago, about Yaldaboath, a lesser god created by Sophia, as in the Secret Book of John. If this is true, then it is Yaldaboath, created void of love and the Jesus input (because Sophia created Yaldaboath alone - proving that wisdom without love is what promotes what we now have on the earth), who most people now know as Yahweh or Jehovah, the god who demands human sacrifice, is not the same God, Father of Jesus. I agree no God of love would demand the death of their children, or sanction "God Sanctioned wars," as I've heard them called, or any other evil promoted on this earth which you mention.

I, too follow the words of Jesus, and have walked away from so many religions claiming to be Christian, but I think are not. They do not understand what Jesus was saying.

I believe in the One, Original Creator God completely filled with Love and Light, who is the Father of Jesus. Through Jesus, we get to the Creator Mother/Father/Spirit. And yes, Jesus taught that the Kingdom of God is inside us, and outside us, in everything. This part braided my brain because I thought you were implying that there is no God. If so how could the Kingdom of God be inside of us, if there is no God?

There is no justice or truth in any "god" in "this system of things."

Your logo has no ordination date. Are you ordained or just a curious life traveler?

Thanks for engaging.

Guess I'll go by RL (Rev Linda)

Thou Art God, Rev Linda Hourihan.

I know Jesus says that the Kingdom of God is inside me and outside me. I also know I am made of the stuff of the stars, a manifestation of the Big bang or God inspired participles, all of God, to my way of thinking. I also know the I AM Presence, this God Presence is inside me. But I trip on the concept that I AM GOD. I did not make you, that I remember (not being flip here - just processing).  I think of human creation, that we did not come alive until breath of God - Spirit - (animated life) breathed into us. When we die, our breath - spirit - life, goes back to God, reuniting to the One (God - energy). I think of God as energy. So many people get stuck in semantics. Words are so limiting. I prefer to think of it as I (and everyone and everything else) is made of and including our God particle. Then again, we are the only human vessel that God (pure energy) has to experience dense matter - human life, here on earth.

Interesting. While I feel Gods is residing within me, and without me, and I feel God's I AM Presence, I do not feel, think or believe that I am God, Creator of the world and everything else. I find this confusing. I want to understand, but it doesn't seem to be happening for me. I can understand that myself,as a creation of God, that God chooses to reside within and with out me, and God does in others, nature and the universe of universes. I do not remember creating the earth, the stars, you or me. Saying you, me or anyone else is God, seems like a misunderstanding. Do you see God residing in murderers and terrorists, because they have red blood cells?

Again, is this Gnostic Christianity?

13 hours ago, Rev Linda Hourihan said:

Interesting. While I feel Gods is residing within me, and without me, and I feel God's I AM Presence, I do not feel, think or believe that I am God, Creator of the world and everything else. I find this confusing. I want to understand, but it doesn't seem to be happening for me. I can understand that myself,as a creation of God, that God chooses to reside within and with out me, and God does in others, nature and the universe of universes. I do not remember creating the earth, the stars, you or me. Saying you, me or anyone else is God, seems like a misunderstanding. Do you see God residing in murderers and terrorists, because they have red blood cells?

My red blood cells are me. My skin cells are me. All the cells within me, collectively are me. All that is of  me is me.  I am God, you are God. We, collectively are God.  All that  is of God, is God.

14 hours ago, Brother Kaman said:

Do you think that the red blood cells that flow thru you to keep brain, muscle, and other living cells alive are less you than your current concept of yourself?

Just as a single red blood cell is you, thou art God.

I'm chuckling over here. I am much more curious than the need to be "right." I happen to be a Christian. I do not need to be right. I am truly on a search for understanding and truth where ever it leads. :)

I think of it this way: say I am making a cake. I use flour, eggs, other stuff, and to make it rise I use baking soda. In the end I have a cake, not simply baking soda. I am thinking of God, of Holy Spirit more accurately in this example, as the active ingredient, like baking soda, that makes the cake rise.

You say your cells do not think they are you. This would be like saying the baking soda does not believe it is part of the cake. The point is you, or me doing the thinking here. It is our awareness that matters here, not the cake or the individual "ingredients" in each of us that are aware.

In my body, I have my eyes, which give me vision. I have my legs, with which I travel. In the end I am not eyes, vision, legs, nor travel. I am animated by God in my physical body, but only while I am living, but I am not God. If I were God, I would not have me die. I would stay living physically because God is eternal. I know, the spirit lives. If I really were God, I would not I let my body die. I die physically because I am not God.

Above, those are all components of "the cake" or "me." I am not just one of my components.

I do believe that by my free will I can raise my heart, mind, voice and actions to invite Mother/Father God, Holy Spirit and Jesus into me, and work through me, together with me. When I connect to and work with my God-given awareness and power, I can move mountains, just like Jesus did. I can see this in the life I've lived.

I also see it in the four people I have spoken with who have had near-death experiences. They came from different states in the USA and did not know each other. Yet, all told me the same things after they had been pronounced dead, then were revived. Again, if they were God, this would not have been such a shock to them. They were not communicating with themselves, nor by themselves, but were talking with "others" on the other side. Obviously all four came back to life, and were able to share their experiences with me.

I do think it is important to follow what Jesus says, all of it, not just what is in the traditional Bible. That's why I think it is very important to study the Nag Hammadi Scriptures, to find out more about what Jesus said. I think this is extremely important, at least for me it is.

Have a beautiful day!

RL

You too Brother Kaman ~ I do not live in denial of my divinity. I willingly work with Mother/Father God, Jesus and Holy Spirit. We are a very happy family. I am following what Jesus told us to do, in all the scriptures I can find, including the Nag Hammadi scriptures. I feel it is very important I shine a light on all that Jesus said. Have a beautiful day.

On ‎8‎/‎28‎/‎2016 at 11:04 AM, Rev Linda Hourihan said:

I do believe that by my free will I can raise my heart, mind, voice and actions to invite Mother/Father God, Holy Spirit and Jesus into me, and work through me, together with me. When I connect to and work with my God-given awareness and power, I can move mountains, just like Jesus did. I can see this in the life I've lived.

RL

I am not a Christian nor am I anti-Christian, but I understand what you are saying.  Even though you write as a Christian, I understand as a Vedantic.  In the Srimad Bhagavad Gita (one of the sacred books of my spiritual tradition), the Beloved One says: "I am the Spirit seated in the heart of all beings; I am the Beginning, Middle, and End of all" (Gita 10:20).  We might have different spiritual traditions, but we are speaking of the same thing.  Thank you for your words.

Hermano Luis

Yes, and I respect this in your belief system. I have written many times, for people not to get caught up in semantics. I have taught that there are not hundreds of different worlds, one for each different faith. There is one world. There is one race of people, the human race. There is one origin of all of it, no matter what our belief system is. I understand what I do through my faith journey, you yours, and everyone else is enlightened (or not) by their spiritual, or life journey. I refer to this as the Diamond of God. Each of us has a different facet to shine in our corner of the world. Namaste my friend.

On ‎27‎/‎08‎/‎2016 at 11:42 AM, Rev Linda Hourihan said:

I know Jesus says that the Kingdom of God is inside me and outside me. I also know I am made of the stuff of the stars, a manifestation of the Big bang or God inspired participles, all of God, to my way of thinking. I also know the I AM Presence, this God Presence is inside me. But I trip on the concept that I AM GOD. I did not make you, that I remember (not being flip here - just processing).  I think of human creation, that we did not come alive until breath of God - Spirit - (animated life) breathed into us. When we die, our breath - spirit - life, goes back to God, reuniting to the One (God - energy). I think of God as energy. So many people get stuck in semantics. Words are so limiting. I prefer to think of it as I (and everyone and everything else) is made of and including our God particle. Then again, we are the only human vessel that God (pure energy) has to experience dense matter - human life, here on earth.

Perhaps your desire for a supernatural god is what is pushing you to follow a god whose morals are less than exemplary.

Are your morals not the most important part of your religion?

Regards

DL

On ‎27‎/‎08‎/‎2016 at 8:38 PM, Rev Linda Hourihan said:

Yes, as we are Universalists. Who would you deny a god to?

Does, the rain, as scriptures say, not fall on all of us?

http://gnosis.org/library/ephip.htm

Regards

DL

On ‎28‎/‎08‎/‎2016 at 10:25 AM, Brother Kaman said:

As far as  Gnostic Christianity or any other Christianity, who knows? I am not Christian. By the way, I don't think my individual cells believe they are me just as you do not believe you are God.

God can be described as the best rules and laws to live life by.

If you are not a god then you are not your own person and have yet to write the laws of god in your heart.

Regards

DL

2 hours ago, Gnostic Bishop said:

Perhaps your desire for a supernatural god is what is pushing you to follow a god whose morals are less than exemplary.

Are your morals not the most important part of your religion?

Regards

DL

You seem stuck on the morality of a god you do not like. I do not share the morality of a murderous god, that you think I do.

Yes, as we are Universalists. Who would you deny a god to?

Does, the rain, as scriptures say, not fall on all of us?

http://gnosis.org/library/ephip.htm

Regards

DL

I do not deny anyone any god they chose to follow. You are making incorrect leaps of assumptions on what I believe. I do not know whether I am a "Universalist" or not. I choose to believe "Universal" Life Church stands "Universal" as in common to everyone. What is Universal with the church we both belong to if the freedom to believe what we believe, without indoctrinating the other. I believe Jesus came to show us there is more beyond the limiting beliefs they understood back in his day. Jesus said the Kingdom of God is inside and outside us. I believe that. There is more to this and I AM exploring that. It is mutable as I come to understand more. You seem to think because I said I am "Christian" that I believe in an archaic system. That is not true. The rain falls on all of us, no matter what our understanding is.

God can be described as the best rules and laws to live life by.

If you are not a god then you are not your own person and have yet to write the laws of god in your heart.

Regards

DL

I AM aligning and embracing Light shifts which is allowing me to embrace my divinity. I Am alive. I AM breathing. I AM divine. I AM aligning to God, not the god you think of as the creator god of this system of things, which is where you trip on, thinking that is my god. That god is vile. I AM aligning to the first, pure, love energy God, Father/Mother of Jesus, who is not the creator of humans. My intent in my recognitions is pure. You certainly do not need to know or believe what I say. I AM only expressing this because you incorrectly assume - in your trying to correct or suggest corrections to me by your questions. I AM simply wishing to clarify my belief in your understanding, which you incorrectly write about, or misinterpret what I say. Or perhaps I do not write it out clearly enough. Perhaps that is also because my understanding is mutable as enlightenment come to be, sometimes by leaps and bounds.