religious discrimination

1 minute ago, Dan56 said:

Our sins are committed in the flesh, and Christ died in the flesh to atone for them (the proper venue). 

If you enter a marriage where there's no love, that's not God's fault. "Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;" (Ephesians 5:25)

So you think an abusive husband can love. Ok.

If atonement of sin must be done in the flesh, then you destroy the need for a hellnd show the immorality of your god who punishes us infinitely for finite offences.

Regardless of all this.

If you want to chat with me do it with moral issues and not your stupid faith based garbage.

Best to put me on ignore since you refuse to look at the immorality of your cult.

Regards

DL

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Gnostic Bishop said:

So you think an abusive husband can love. Ok.

If atonement of sin must be done in the flesh, then you destroy the need for a hellnd show the immorality of your god who punishes us infinitely for finite offences.

Regardless of all this.

If you want to chat with me do it with moral issues and not your stupid faith based garbage.

Best to put me on ignore since you refuse to look at the immorality of your cult.

Regards

DL

Christianity is hardly a cult, its the largest faith on earth. My morals are based in my faith, there's no separating them from what I think because it is what I think! There's no such thing as a finite offense, you can't undo what's been done.. I don't put anyone on ignore, I'm an equal opportunity offender :)

3 hours ago, Dan56 said:

Christianity is hardly a cult, its the largest faith on earth. My morals are based in my faith, there's no separating them from what I think because it is what I think! There's no such thing as a finite offense, you can't undo what's been done.. I don't put anyone on ignore, I'm an equal opportunity offender :)

True that it is a large cult but if it was a moral one, it would have grown from good works and deeds and not by the sword and Inquisitions.

Enjoy knowing that Christianity had to murder a lot of people to get to the size it is.

Again you show that morals are not your forte but just belonging to a big tribe is all you care about.

Like all priests, the amount of lying that must be done by Christians show how poor of a religion it is.

Regards

DL

8 hours ago, Gnostic Bishop said:

Enjoy knowing that Christianity had to murder a lot of people to get to the size it is.

I think your confusing the RCC with Christianity. The origin of Christianity (Christ & apostles) did not murder anyone or promote any inquisition. To the contrary, most were brutally murdered themselves.. I'm no fan of organized religion, I simply espouse the life and teachings of Christ.

12 hours ago, Dan56 said:

I think your confusing the RCC with Christianity. The origin of Christianity (Christ & apostles) did not murder anyone or promote any inquisition. To the contrary, most were brutally murdered themselves.. I'm no fan of organized religion, I simply espouse the life and teachings of Christ.

Sure. You cannot drop your scapegoat savior. The one who condemned you in the first place.

Tell us, what did you do to gain your condemnation?

As to distancing yourself from religions, I do not blame you as they are evil and full of liars. That would include all who fly the cross and follow the bibles immoral teachings.

Regards

DL

Edited by Gnostic Bishop

On 9/6/2016 at 9:22 AM, Gnostic Bishop said:

It surely did not fail for Christianity when it was made the state religion and went out to kill all those who would not convert.

Regards

DL

Yes.  It did fail for Christianity.  The new church became an extension of the State.  The shell survived but it became all rot at the center.  This is not victory.  In any event, reality is not a numbers game.  What is, is.  What is not, is not.

:whist:

On 9/7/2016 at 11:58 AM, Gnostic Bishop said:

Sure. You cannot drop your scapegoat savior. The one who condemned you in the first place.

Tell us, what did you do to gain your condemnation? Sin

You seem to be hung-up on the guilty being punished and not an innocent person, but all have sinned (Romans 3:23) and the penalty is death (Romans 6:23). So there you have it, your ideology condemns everyone. What's puzzling is that you define a God who is willing to redeem the repentant as being an immoral God. While your brand of justice provides no restitution and no redemption for anyone who makes a mistake. That just seems hopeless and doesn't appeal to me.  

2 hours ago, Jonathan H. B. Lobl said:

Yes.  It did fail for Christianity.  The new church became an extension of the State.  The shell survived but it became all rot at the center.  This is not victory.  In any event, reality is not a numbers game.  What is, is.  What is not, is not.

All religions exist at the pleasure of the state.

We live by the law of the land and not the laws of a god.

I agree that most religions have become rotten as they have mostly all become idol worshiping cults who no longer seek god.

Regards

DL

On 9/6/2016 at 0:32 PM, Dan56 said:

Are we playing a numbers game?  Even if Christianity is the largest religion in the world -- I doubt it -- that just makes it a big cult.

1 hour ago, Dan56 said:

You seem to be hung-up on the guilty being punished and not an innocent person, but all have sinned (Romans 3:23) and the penalty is death (Romans 6:23). So there you have it, your ideology condemns everyone. What's puzzling is that you define a God who is willing to redeem the repentant as being an immoral God. While your brand of justice provides no restitution and no redemption for anyone who makes a mistake. That just seems hopeless and doesn't appeal to me.  

We are a universalist religion where god is seen as your bible says he is.

Deuteronomy 32:4 He is the Rock, his work is perfect:

You have your god condemning his own perfect creations.

And yes, I am hung up on any judge who thinks it good to punish the innocent instead of the guilty.

Why did your god make you a (perfect) sinner and then condemn you for being exactly what he created?

You say that the wages of sin is death yet we all sin but do not die for that sin.

Do you recognize that justice delayed is justice denied?

Regards

DL

10 minutes ago, Gnostic Bishop said:

All religions exist at the pleasure of the state.

We live by the law of the land and not the laws of a god.

I agree that most religions have become rotten as they have mostly all become idol worshiping cults who no longer seek god.

Regards

DL

Not really.  Consider the persecution of the Falun Dafa people in China.  We have a nontheistic religion; which is spreading like wildfire all over the world -- because it is being persecuted.  

1 minute ago, Jonathan H. B. Lobl said:

Not really.  Consider the persecution of the Falun Dafa people in China.  We have a nontheistic religion; which is spreading like wildfire all over the world -- because it is being persecuted.  

Unfortunately, I have not heard of this movement.

Strange though that if they are spreading that fast out of Chinas, that China's fastest growing religion is Christianity.

Who is persecuting them? Islam? 

Regards

DL

5 minutes ago, Gnostic Bishop said:

Unfortunately, I have not heard of this movement.

Strange though that if they are spreading that fast out of Chinas, that China's fastest growing religion is Christianity.

Who is persecuting them? Islam? 

Regards

DL

No.  The secular government of China.  Vicious, deadly persecution.  The source of human organs that China is selling all over the world.

:(

They are also known as Falun Gong.

1 hour ago, Jonathan H. B. Lobl said:

No.  The secular government of China.  Vicious, deadly persecution.  The source of human organs that China is selling all over the world.

:(

They are also known as Falun Gong.

I guess that  would have to read up on them.

Strange though that China is allowing Christianity to grow while coming down on Islam and Falun Gong.

Let me speculate that China does not mind sheeple producing religions, but are afraid of religions that preach free thought and meditation.

Seems that if I lived in China, I would be persecuted as Gnostic Christianity is all about free thinking and not idol worshiping the words of men who lie and say that they are words of some god.

Regards

DL

1 hour ago, Gnostic Bishop said:

You have your god condemning his own perfect creations.

And yes, I am hung up on any judge who thinks it good to punish the innocent instead of the guilty.

Why did your god make you a (perfect) sinner and then condemn you for being exactly what he created?

You say that the wages of sin is death yet we all sin but do not die for that sin.

Do you recognize that justice delayed is justice denied?

My God hasn't condemned anyone yet, except Satan himself.. God did not make anyone a sinner, that's our choice. The curse of the law is death, it was answered through Christ for all who receive him. Justice is justice, a little time is required, but I don't believe it will be denied.  

18 minutes ago, Dan56 said:

My God hasn't condemned anyone yet, except Satan himself.. God did not make anyone a sinner, that's our choice. The curse of the law is death, it was answered through Christ for all who receive him. Justice is justice, a little time is required, but I don't believe it will be denied.  

When justice can be done swiftly and it is not then justice is denied.

Why do you say Satan himself?

Do you call women men?

Have you not recognized that the early Christian, then Catholic Church depicted Satan as a woman?

Have a loot at the Michelangelo Eden painting at the Vatican. Were they wrong in showing Satan as a woman?

Regards

DL

7 hours ago, Gnostic Bishop said:

When justice can be done swiftly and it is not then justice is denied. I disagree, especially in regards to everlasting judgement where time is not an issue. Where there's no such thing as 'late', justice is served whenever its administered.

Why do you say Satan himself? He has already been judged and condemned to the Lake of Fire.

Do you call women men? No, because I've noticed some distinct differences between the sexes :). Nor do I call men women, not even Caitlyn (Bruce) Jenner, because he still has his male equipment. 

Have you not recognized that the early Christian, then Catholic Church depicted Satan as a woman? I'm not Catholic, and there's no biblical reference describing Satan as female.

Have a loot at the Michelangelo Eden painting at the Vatican. Were they wrong in showing Satan as a woman? Yes, Satan is an angel, and there are no female angels.

Regards

DL

20 hours ago, Gnostic Bishop said:

I guess that  would have to read up on them.

Strange though that China is allowing Christianity to grow while coming down on Islam and Falun Gong.

Let me speculate that China does not mind sheeple producing religions, but are afraid of religions that preach free thought and meditation.

Seems that if I lived in China, I would be persecuted as Gnostic Christianity is all about free thinking and not idol worshiping the words of men who lie and say that they are words of some god.

Regards

DL

As you say.  The Chinese Communist Party likes to be in complete charge of human thought.

It is an over simplification.  Falun Gong is largely a combination of Buddhism, Taoism, qi gong exercises, meditation and other elements.  They were outlawed in 1999.

Christianity is not getting a free pass in China.  The "house churches" are an underground movement.  When they are caught, they face disaster.

Buddhism is also not much in favor.  Consider what is happening in Tibet.

If you were in China, for sure you would have gotten thrown into prison or killed.

I think this is worth repeating.  Nothing good comes from outlawing or persecuting religion.

20 hours ago, Dan56 said:

Oh,please.  Even I know the doctrine of Original Sin.  :whist: