religious discrimination

Its been 2 years since I was on here , so I thought I will post about ,what I have seen in religious discrimination , since , I was flabbergasted at the uneducated people in real life ,that are christian but ridicule ,others because they are too stupid to. Google , I was shocked they promote. Education but not educating themselves . its a wonder how they can promote education ! , I know "not "all Christians are the same, but for those who bully witch wiccan and pagan ,and dance in church to recieve the holy spirit , reminds me of when I first learned about covens ,wiccan they dance , so my opinion to these Christians whom bully wiccan pagan witch , " don't call the kettle black ,while your black your self "

Peace 

Lordie

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrator

All I have to say is, do a complete study. Provide an analysis that shows all religions that show ANY amount of discrimination towards others. Then, give us the percentage of each that discriminates against others. Then do a study that shows commonalities among those that discriminate vs. those that do not.

Until then you're simply stirring the pot.

On 7/19/2016 at 4:54 PM, lordie said:

Its been 2 years since I was on here , so I thought I will post about ,what I have seen in religious discrimination , since , I was flabbergasted at the uneducated people in real life ,that are christian but ridicule ,others because they are too stupid to. Google , I was shocked they promote. Education but not educating themselves . its a wonder how they can promote education ! , I know "not "all Christians are the same, but for those who bully witch wiccan and pagan ,and dance in church to recieve the holy spirit , reminds me of when I first learned about covens ,wiccan they dance , so my opinion to these Christians whom bully wiccan pagan witch , " don't call the kettle black ,while your black your self "

Peace 

Lordie

It's sad, but I think this has more to do with human nature than any one religion.  "My religion, your superstition."

Any kind of discrimination is based on comfortable ignorance.  People have a natural curiosity, but some people are so scared of that which is different, they cover them selves with willful ignorance and refuse to learn about it, choosing to simply label the different thing "bad". This also has the double effect of making their group automatically "good" by default. 

These people are dangerous. Their entire sense of self worth is based on someone else being a bad person so they can be the good person. They will automatically hate anything that is different. 

If they see a different religion , they will hate it, if they are in a society where the everyone has the same religion , they will hate a different skin color, if every one has the same skin color, they will hate a different political view, if there is only one political party they will hate a sexual orientation. They will seek out any minuscule difference in another person to hate them for it. It is an addiction. If they were in a closed room with their own clone, they would hate the other simply because it is not them. 

On 7/21/2016 at 7:59 PM, Frank76 said:

Any kind of discrimination is based on comfortable ignorance.  People have a natural curiosity, but some people are so scared of that which is different, they cover them selves with willful ignorance and refuse to learn about it, choosing to simply label the different thing "bad". This also has the double effect of making their group automatically "good" by default. 

These people are dangerous. Their entire sense of self worth is based on someone else being a bad person so they can be the good person. They will automatically hate anything that is different. 

If they see a different religion , they will hate it, if they are in a society where the everyone has the same religion , they will hate a different skin color, if every one has the same skin color, they will hate a different political view, if there is only one political party they will hate a sexual orientation. They will seek out any minuscule difference in another person to hate them for it. It is an addiction. If they were in a closed room with their own clone, they would hate the other simply because it is not them. 

Well put, Frank.

On 7/21/2016 at 6:59 PM, Frank76 said:

Any kind of discrimination is based on comfortable ignorance. 

Most discrimination is based on hasty generalization, in the form of the assumption that what is true for some in a group is true for most or all in the group. Like assuming anyone who discriminates must be full of hate.

See, despite what you said, a lot of discrimination has nothing to do with hate. Instead, it can take the form of a paternalistic desire to protect or help people who are assumed to be somehow weaker. That can lead to people attempting to fight one form of discrimination by institutionalizing another. Dangerous stuff....

On 7/29/2016 at 11:29 PM, Dan56 said:

Affirmative action

Which the Brits and Aussies like to call "positive discrimination." Other examples include things like senior citizen discounts, policies that penalize employees who express racist beliefs, legal exemptions from laws based on religion or tribal affiliation, child labor laws, and legal protections preventing employers from firing employees who miss work due to military obligations. Each is considered a good thing by the majority of people. Each is patently discriminatory. The key being that when the group being discriminated against is seen as bad, or the group benefitting from the discrimination is seen as in need of help, it becomes clear that opposition to discrimination is rarely actually a matter of principle.

12 hours ago, mererdog said:

Which the Brits and Aussies like to call "positive discrimination." Other examples include things like senior citizen discounts, policies that penalize employees who express racist beliefs, legal exemptions from laws based on religion or tribal affiliation, child labor laws, and legal protections preventing employers from firing employees who miss work due to military obligations. Each is considered a good thing by the majority of people. Each is patently discriminatory. The key being that when the group being discriminated against is seen as bad, or the group benefitting from the discrimination is seen as in need of help, it becomes clear that opposition to discrimination is rarely actually a matter of principle.

Very well said, and very true.

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎19‎/‎07‎/‎2016 at 4:54 PM, lordie said:

Peace 

Lordie

You are basically speaking of low key and personal Inquisitions and Jihads.

Do not expect Inquisitions or Jihads to end until the immoral religions like Christianity and Islam are outlawed for their poor moral positions and tenets. 

Regards

DL

On 8/24/2016 at 8:23 PM, Gnostic Bishop said:

You are basically speaking of low key and personal Inquisitions and Jihads.

Do not expect Inquisitions or Jihads to end until the immoral religions like Christianity and Islam are outlawed for their poor moral positions and tenets. 

Regards

DL

How do we outlaw a religion without the use of violence?

Beware.  The cure is as bad as the disease.

:whist:

On ‎27‎/‎08‎/‎2016 at 7:39 PM, Jonathan H. B. Lobl said:

How do we outlaw a religion without the use of violence?

Beware.  The cure is as bad as the disease.

:whist:

If we would stop respecting immoral religions, like Christianity and Islam, they would die on their own since they do not deserve respect.

That is predicated on the notion that humans value their morality more than their fellowship to an immoral and imaginary god.

If our friend Dan is an example, morality takes a back seat to his personal salvation.

Regards
DL 

On 9/4/2016 at 11:29 AM, Gnostic Bishop said:

If our friend Dan is an example, morality takes a back seat to his personal salvation.

Its not that morals take a back seat, its just my belief that salvation cannot be gained by our own morality... Its God's salvation, not personal salvation 

7 hours ago, Dan56 said:

Its not that morals take a back seat, its just my belief that salvation cannot be gained by our own morality... Its God's salvation, not personal salvation 

You have accepted that you are condemned and need saving and that is why your morals are garbage.

You believe in a lie and have let that lie make you an immoral person who will rely on an immoral substitutionary atonement even while knowing that it is proper and just to punish the guilty and not the innocent.

You are knowingly doing evil and don't care.

Regards

DL

2 hours ago, Gnostic Bishop said:

You have accepted that you are condemned and need saving and that is why your morals are garbage.

You believe in a lie and have let that lie make you an immoral person who will rely on an immoral substitutionary atonement even while knowing that it is proper and just to punish the guilty and not the innocent.

You are knowingly doing evil and don't care.

All have sinned and transgressed the law, so no one is innocent, we are all worthy of death. "Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends" (John 15:13). Nothing immoral about that. You see it as evil, but I see it as a God who cares (love). 

3 minutes ago, Dan56 said:

All have sinned and transgressed the law, so no one is innocent, we are all worthy of death. "Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends" (John 15:13). Nothing immoral about that. You see it as evil, but I see it as a God who cares (love). 

While ignoring that a loving god would forgive us outright without teaching us how immoral he is by punishing the innocent instead of the guilty.

You gave a good quote there but it does not apply to a god, God cannot die.

We are not friends to the immoral Jesus you follow. No one should befriend those who think it just to punish the innocent instead of the guilty or keep women in marriages that hold no love.

Regards

DL

16 minutes ago, Gnostic Bishop said:

You gave a good quote there but it does not apply to a god, God cannot die.

We are not friends to the immoral Jesus you follow. No one should befriend those who think it just to punish the innocent instead of the guilty or keep women in marriages that hold no love.

Our sins are committed in the flesh, and Christ died in the flesh to atone for them (the proper venue). 

If you enter a marriage where there's no love, that's not God's fault. "Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;" (Ephesians 5:25)