Church Degrees and After Name Abbreviations

I have a question I sent for the Doctor of the Universe Degree so I can study the teachings of the founder and it sounded interesting. But you know how people use degrees after their name examples would be Ph.D for a Doctor of Philosophy or a MA for a Master of Arts so how do you do that for the Doctor of the Universe.

I can think of some D.U. or D.Un. or U.D. or Uni.D. that would work but is there a common use already in place for this and other degrees offered other than the obvious ones like DBS for a Doctor of Biblical Studies?

I'm just curious since on my church ID card I plan to have a new one with my religious title, name and then note the degree.

Just for my clerical ID officially it will read Preacher Thomas Kolter, (degree abbreviated). And I really do like the degree I chose to go after even if its half curiosity at the founders beliefs and a bit of brevity since I find the idea of a religious degree as in non-secular laughable so why not prod at them with my just as legal to use in the USA church degree and a doctoral level at that for under $30. Now get a proper degree in a real area of study I respect those.

But it was a simple question what to put down other people must also have them.

That's nice but I've "enrolled" in the Doctor of the Universe degree so I can study some of the teachings of the founder. So is it a D.U. or D.Un. or U.D. or Un.D. or something else in common use by members of the faith. And its more to stick it to those with other religious degrees like Ken Ham showing one did not need to spend thousands of dollars for a religious doctorate. ^_^ 

On 5/30/2016 at 1:47 PM, ClericThomas said:

That's nice but I've "enrolled" in the Doctor of the Universe degree so I can study some of the teachings of the founder. So is it a D.U. or D.Un. or U.D. or Un.D. or something else in common use by members of the faith. And its more to stick it to those with other religious degrees like Ken Ham showing one did not need to spend thousands of dollars for a religious doctorate. ^_^ 

If your goal is Atheist credentials,  you might try the First Church of Atheism.  The ordination is free.  The pocket credentials are cheap.

You might enjoy being an ordained Atheist minister.  

Edited by Jonathan H. B. Lobl

No I'm a ULC Minister there is nothing barring an Atheist also being a minister here at all, I just focus on reason over faith which I consider a dubious way to find out the truth.

And the credentials here were tested in court so have a certain layer of protection when I shove the 1st Amendment Protections up the tush of main stream religious people "street preaching" reason in front of churches and such on holy days and holding an ordination so its religious speech. At least unless the ULC pulls my authority and I never heard of that happening for sincere belief even if not per se religious.

But since no one can give me an answer I think I will use D.U. after my name it seems to fit.

7 minutes ago, ClericThomas said:

No I'm a ULC Minister there is nothing barring an Atheist also being a minister here at all, I just focus on reason over faith which I consider a dubious way to find out the truth.

And the credentials here were tested in court so have a certain layer of protection when I shove the 1st Amendment Protections up the tush of main stream religious people "street preaching" reason in front of churches and such on holy days and holding an ordination so its religious speech. At least unless the ULC pulls my authority and I never heard of that happening for sincere belief even if not per se religious.

But since no one can give me an answer I think I will use D.U. after my name it seems to fit.

I am aware of that.  I have both ordinations.  Also an ordination from the Apathetic Agnostic Church.  I just wanted to make sure you knew your options.

I like having all three.  There is no conflict.  The FCA does have nice pocket credentials.  If you care.