Hello All,

I wished to discuss the concept of the Higher Self, Holy Guardian Angel, Inner Master, Buddha nature, indwelling Christ, etc. Many belief systems have a concept that we are more than just our physical selves and that within each of us (or otherwise linked to us) is a divine nature or essence that we can access for guidance and support. My Latin name is a play on this belief. Rosicrucians seek "self-mastery" where they try to act in accordance with their higher nature. My name means "eternal master" and refers to the master within me, the divine essence present within us all, which I believe sustains us and interconnects us. This is the part of us that survives death and continues on to the next life or lives, depending on your beliefs. I am just curious to see what others might think of such things.

Valete,

Magister Aeternus

Edited by Magister Aeternus

15 hours ago, Magister Aeternus said:

Hello All,

I wished to discuss the concept of the Higher Self, Holy Guardian Angel, Inner Master, Buddha nature, indwelling Christ, etc. Many belief systems have a concept that we are more than just our physical selves and that within each of us (or otherwise linked to us) is a divine nature or essence that we can access for guidance and support. My Latin name is a play on this belief. Rosicrucians seek "self-mastery" where they try to act in accordance with their higher nature. My name means "eternal master" and refers to the master within me, the divine essence present within us all, which I believe sustains us and interconnects us. This is the part of us that survives death and continues on to the next life or lives, depending on your beliefs. I am just curious to see what others might think of such things.

Valete,

Magister Aeternus

Welcome to the board.

I am much more clear about what I don't believe than what I do.  By all means, join the discussion and feel welcome.

Brother Kaman - What is AMORC?

Higher self, I think it would come down to Belief systems, God or Goddess (sp?), reincarnation doesn't point to ones higher self I think.  It might point to things unfinished or lessons unlearned in the previous life times.  A higher self might point to just a form of single enlightenment of clarity.  An awakening of sorts.

A guardian being (creature or energy) is usually used for guidance or guarding.  It should be found or discovered if you believe in animals that do that thing, mostly shamans, spirit animals.  If its an energy type of thing it can be created and manipulated to certain types of things and actions.  

4 hours ago, RevDeCo said:

Brother Kaman - What is AMORC?

Higher self, I think it would come down to Belief systems, God or Goddess (sp?), reincarnation doesn't point to ones higher self I think.  It might point to things unfinished or lessons unlearned in the previous life times.  A higher self might point to just a form of single enlightenment of clarity.  An awakening of sorts.

A guardian being (creature or energy) is usually used for guidance or guarding.  It should be found or discovered if you believe in animals that do that thing, mostly shamans, spirit animals.  If its an energy type of thing it can be created and manipulated to certain types of things and actions.  

AMORC is the Ancient Mystical Order of the Rose Cross (Rosicrusian).  

14 hours ago, Brother Kaman said:

I am an inactive member of AMORC, Magisterial Aeternus. I believe I am God, you are God and collectively we are all God.  All things that are of God, are God.

Hello Brother Kaman,

I previously completed the Ninth Degree with an AMORC offshoot (CR+C), but I became a member of AMORC last summer. I am still currently active. My belief is similar to yours :) 

15 hours ago, Jonathan H. B. Lobl said:

I'm going to show some inconsistency here.  The ideas of Heaven and Hell as places both seem silly to me.  I can't take either seriously on any level.

Reincarnation?  I don't have any confidence in it -- but maybe.

Hi Jonathan,

I also do not believe in Heaven or Hell as commonly portrayed, but I do believe in other planes of existence. "Maybe" is a good starting point. I never attempt to force beliefs on others, including myself. If I am not comfortable with a particular teaching, I set it aside, and perhaps revisit it later when I have more information or more experience with it instead of accepting it blindly :) 

33 minutes ago, Magister Aeternus said:

Hello Brother Kaman,

I previously completed the Ninth Degree with an AMORC offshoot (CR+C), but I became a member of AMORC last summer. I am still currently active. My belief is similar to yours :) 

Hi Jonathan,

I also do not believe in Heaven or Hell as commonly portrayed, but I do believe in other planes of existence. "Maybe" is a good starting point. I never attempt to force beliefs on others, including myself. If I am not comfortable with a particular teaching, I set it aside, and perhaps revisit it later when I have more information or more experience with it instead of accepting it blindly :) 

Information has a way of being illusory in spiritual matters.  Everybody has opinions.  Verifiable facts are more hard to come by.  :mellow:

2 hours ago, Jonathan H. B. Lobl said:

Information has a way of being illusory in spiritual matters.  Everybody has opinions.  Verifiable facts are more hard to come by.  :mellow:

I agree. There are things I believe to be true or feel are true but cannot be verified. I freely admit I may be incorrect about some things, yet I believe them because I choose to do so. I acknowledge these things are a personal choice and do not present them to others as an indisputable fact :)

4 hours ago, Magister Aeternus said:

I agree. There are things I believe to be true or feel are true but cannot be verified. I freely admit I may be incorrect about some things, yet I believe them because I choose to do so. I acknowledge these things are a personal choice and do not present them to others as an indisputable fact :)

My path is no evangelical, either.

7 hours ago, Magister Aeternus said:

Just so.  I also don't like telling people that their beliefs are wrong.  When belief amounts to opinion, there is no point in arguing.     :mellow:

Belief in something without regard to truth or fact is something I personally consider silly.  That is simply my choice.  I echo Johnathan in that I would not choose to impose my ideas or thoughts on others, after all...I could be wrong, and if it were me wrong choosing for someone else, then I would be responsible instead of them.

• 3 weeks later...

Welcome Magister Aeternus!  In the Srimad Bhagavad Gita, Sri Krishna (an Avatar of the Supreme) says, "I am the true Self in the heart of all creatures" (Gita 10:20).

Once more, "Welcome!"  I am sure that you will enjoy your membership in the ULC.  Freedom of thought is our basic doctrine.  Soon you will encounter some very interesting thoughts, some very brilliant minds.  I was also a Rosicrucian once.

Hermano Luis

On 4/15/2016 at 5:16 AM, Magister Aeternus said:

Hello All,

Valete,

Magister Aeternus

My beliefs don't have much to say about what part of our souls or personalities may or may not survive after death.  I think if we were meant to know with absolute certainty, we would.  All I might suggest is that not one of our forms (be it matter or energy) is a constant, but neither is it vulnerable to eradication.  All that happens is metamorphosis.  All things change, which is as close to universal law as any of us can probably get. 

If all things change, I very much doubt that our Higher Selves are immune.

Nice to meet you, Aeternus.

Thank you for the welcomes; I am pleased to meet you all.  And thank you for your comments. I enjoy sharing ideas with others and hearing others' perspectives. Sometimes we miss out on learning things because we fail to hear all points of view. Also, it seems like many times that I learn more from those with whom I disagree :)

Valete,

Magister Aeternus

On 4/17/2016 at 0:37 AM, Magister Aeternus said:

Hello Brother Kaman,

Hi Jonathan,

Are you talking about the Astral plane?  Truly, I don't know.  Maybe.