• Announcements

• Senior Lightworker Lucas

Message from the office   07/13/2017

There is an important message from the ULC Staff Office in the Admin Announcements & Maintenance forum. More info is on the way regarding new changes. The new area, Interpath Academia & Scholarship is open for creating new topics. We hope these areas will offer productive and insightful discussion. Please be sure to read the updated ULC Online Forum Statements, Rules & Policies, and the introductory post for each area. 
Rev Richard

Where do you worship

87 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Jonathan H. B. Lobl said:

Lot's wife, transformed into a pillar of salt.

Noah's Flood.

The First Born of Egypt  and The Egyptian Army.

There were others.  This is what comes to mind.

My point was that they are all still alive and awaiting judgement. We all die physically, but our God given spirit lives on.

3 minutes ago, Dan56 said:

My point was that they are all still alive and awaiting judgement. We all die physically, but our God given spirit lives on.

Then the Exodus story is a fraud?  God did NOT kill the First Born of Egypt?  God did NOT drown the Egyptian army?

What else in the Bible is a fake?

It's hard for me to see how someone takes the bible literally when they keep interjecting all the allegory they believe in...

16 minutes ago, Jonathan H. B. Lobl said:

Then the Exodus story is a fraud?  God did NOT kill the First Born of Egypt?  God did NOT drown the Egyptian army?

God has ended physical life, nearly all of it at one point.. But the first born of Egypt and the Pharaoh's army still spiritually exist.. No spiritual being has been killed, only the flesh bodies that we temporarily possess. Yes, God ends life in the flesh, but our spiritual souls live on.

So then is it possible to find redemption AFTER physical life has ended?  If so, then the deathbed confession thing is kind of not necessary.  If not...then isn't it already decided?

Posted (edited)

3 hours ago, Jonathan H. B. Lobl said:

When it is convenient, the Bible is literal history.  When it is not convenient, the Bible is allegory.  Thus, the Bible can be split into two piles -- both hot and steamy.  One  pile for each face. that the Fundamentalist argues with.

I think I'm losing my knack for diplomacy.

Edited by Jonathan H. B. Lobl

12 hours ago, Jonathan H. B. Lobl said:

When it is convenient, the Bible is literal history.  When it is not convenient, the Bible is allegory.  Thus, the Bible can be split into two piles -- both hot and steamy.  One  pile for each face. that the Fundamentalist argues with.

I think I'm losing my knack for diplomacy.

No, no...sounds like your diplomacy is spot on!