My Real Encounters with Jesus Christ

9 minutes ago, Child of God said:

It makes no sense that I would lie like a lying, deceiving devil considering that the devil is the last person I want to be. You should reconsider your views and hold fast to faith in Christ before you find yourself in ruins at the end of your lifetime.

I notice you aren't telling me the verse...

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would be simple beyond belief to prove out of body experiences as well, you know.  They almost always say they are floating above their bodies, drifting, at peace...so put a piece of paper on a shelf where they couldn't see it from the bed, and don't know what's on it, then tell them to repeat what it says after they have an out of body experience in the hospital.  But it won't happen, and apologists like Child of God will simply make stuff up as to why it wouldn't really work.

2 minutes ago, cuchulain said:

I notice you aren't telling me the verse...

You speak of conditions and demands as if you are worthy of all that. You must think pretty highly of yourself. As if you are something and your Creator nothing. I see you as a big-headed fool that is going to find himself a devil in hell if he doesn't change his ways.

7 minutes ago, Child of God said:

You speak of conditions and demands as if you are worthy of all that. You must think pretty highly of yourself. As if you are something and your Creator nothing. I see you as a big-headed fool that is going to find himself a devil in hell if he doesn't change his ways.

Can't do it, eh?  See, up above, you were worried about souls.  Right up until you were challenged.  I would only be a fool if I were unwilling to change my mind in the face of ACTUAL evidence, such as you stating that scripture.  If saving souls is your goal, mine has a pretty cheap price, easy for you if you can really talk to angels and Jesus, right?  How about this challenge instead:  If God wants us all to be saved and believe, ask what you should say to make me believe.  That's even simpler, isn't it?  Then just say what he tells you and, if God is all knowing and really does exist and know what I need to hear to believe, I will clearly be swayed.  After all, how could someone as foolish as me challenge the knowledge of God?  If he exists, that is...but no, that won't happen either.  Know why?  Because you are simply speaking, crazy(I assume it's ok to call you names, after you call me names, right?).  At least I am smart enough not to claim to speak for God.

But, I digress.  Verse?  Chapter?  Nah...you can't.  That's why.  That's all the proof I need, that you are a quack, or at best crazy.  So...if you provide the verse, I will convert, and respond further.  If not, I simply ignore you.  Sound fair?

Edited by cuchulain

1 hour ago, cuchulain said:

Can't do it, eh?  See, up above, you were worried about souls.  Right up until you were challenged.  I would only be a fool if I were unwilling to change my mind in the face of ACTUAL evidence, such as you stating that scripture.  If saving souls is your goal, mine has a pretty cheap price, easy for you if you can really talk to angels and Jesus, right?  How about this challenge instead:  If God wants us all to be saved and believe, ask what you should say to make me believe.  That's even simpler, isn't it?  Then just say what he tells you and, if God is all knowing and really does exist and know what I need to hear to believe, I will clearly be swayed.  After all, how could someone as foolish as me challenge the knowledge of God?  If he exists, that is...but no, that won't happen either.  Know why?  Because you are simply speaking, crazy(I assume it's ok to call you names, after you call me names, right?).  At least I am smart enough not to claim to speak for God.

But, I digress.  Verse?  Chapter?  Nah...you can't.  That's why.  That's all the proof I need, that you are a quack, or at best crazy.  So...if you provide the verse, I will convert, and respond further.  If not, I simply ignore you.  Sound fair?

The world does not revolve around me. It was the will of those in heaven to speak to me. And I do not speak for God. You should sincerely pray and humbly ask for the help necessary for you to have faith and be saved.

On 6/22/2016 at 0:18 PM, cuchulain said:

I prefer people not judge me or tell me what to do.  If your God exists, that's his job, and he's failing.  Oops, infallible God, my bad.  Maybe he is telling me exactly how to behave, then.

Make no mistake. if you you do not believe in God's Son as your Lord and Savior, you will pay for your sins. I have seen Jesus Christ with my own two eyes. He is very real!

I once saw a cat walking on the ceiling. It was not real, but I thought it was. Knowing that humans are capable of seeing things that are not there, and of remembering things that never actually happened, I find it more than a little difficult to believe your story. Even if I agreed with your theology, your testimony would be suspect, at best.

Edited by mererdog

55 minutes ago, mererdog said:

I once saw a cat walking on the ceiling. It was not real, but I thought it was. Knowing that humans are capable of seeing things that are not there, and of remembering things that never actually happened, I find it more than a little difficult to believe your story. Even if I agreed with your theology, your testimony would be suspect, at best.

I know the things that I have seen are real and are exactly as I say they are.

On 6/25/2016 at 8:58 PM, Child of God said:

Make no mistake. if you you do not believe in God's Son as your Lord and Savior, you will pay for your sins. I have seen Jesus Christ with my own two eyes. He is very real!

I have tried politely to break off this debate, which seemingly has degenerated into an argument.  This is the simplest way to tell you:  I won't believe you.  You won't believe me.  End of argument.  Now, you may snipe away.  Get those attacks in, that I won't respond to.  That way you can feel better about it, and think you won the argument.  It makes me no difference.  

On 6/25/2016 at 8:58 PM, Child of God said:

I have seen Jesus Christ with my own two eyes. He is very real!

Why would he appear to you? No where in the bible does he appear to anyone without a purpose, not even angels appeared for no reason. An appearance with no message seems unlikely. And just out of curiosity, what did he look like?

14 hours ago, Dan56 said:

Why would he appear to you? No where in the bible does he appear to anyone without a purpose, not even angels appeared for no reason. An appearance with no message seems unlikely. And just out of curiosity, what did he look like?

I have seen odd things myself Dan.  I sat up the other night in bed, waiting to fall asleep, you know?  I wear a pretty high prescription contact lens, so things in the room, they looked pretty weird to me at the time.  As I dozed off, things kind of started to twist and move...Oh no!   I must have been seeing hell! (sarcasm intended)

14 hours ago, Dan56 said:

He left the flock to find that one lost sheep (Luke 15:4-6).

• 1 month later...
On 6/28/2016 at 3:10 PM, Child of God said:

He left the flock to find that one lost sheep (Luke 15:4-6).

Why are you here, on this board?  If you think this is a good place to get a following, you are mistaken.  Others have tried.  I remember some of them.  The avatar, the Messhiarch, others.  They failed and wandered off, or got banned.  So will you.

:sigh2:

I always find it amazing how hostile(or seemingly hostile to me) that people will get when they post a "true story", when they are asked for proof.  Why so much hostility to someone who simply doesn't believe your testimony?  I understand that you cannot provide "proof", because you would have by now if you could.  Why not simply state that this is a first hand account and that you don't have proof available, beyond your word?  I tell you the truth, it comes off as if you are trying to prove something that didn't happen.  That's simply my opinion.  I don't believe in your God, or your testimony, because of how you come off.  Someone asks a few simple, pointed questions, and you start accusing, casting about hell fire, so to speak.  Anyone who actually experienced something like this and reported it wouldn't be nearly so offended when someone simply didn't believe them because of a lack of evidence.  That's my opinion friend.  If you feel I am going to hell because of it, that's fine.  I don't need a God who is so hateful.  Instead, I will ask you this:  What good works, beyond spreading the scripture, have you done?  Seems to me people who have stories like this often have little else, so maybe you should consider volunteering your time for a worthy cause that helps people in this life, if you don't already.  Just a thought.

Here's a true story for you:  My wife was looking for work recently.  She signed up on a job site, got a call from a marketing company offering 75k a year for her to go around selling anti drug pamphlets to schools in our area.  Full maintenance on our vehicle, dental, medical, the whole works.  She was real excited.  I had to burst her bubble of course, not that I wanted to.  I told her she should first look up the company, which claimed to represent scholastic, that then she should look up several of the names she had heard associated with the company, basically do the due diligence in this day and age and find out if it were legit or not.  Looked it up, the information seemed to match at first, but that's because the guy on the phone was a good storyteller.  After reading a few reviews of the company, and calling scholastic and finding out it did not indeed represent them, we came across a story by a major news organization that talked about the scam in question.  Through it all, the person on the other end of the phone had one key element in common with all other scam artists:  They insisted what they were selling was the truth, and insisted we not doubt them.  

Christianity makes it a sin to doubt.  Now think about that one for a while.  If they were trying to sell you anything else, that would send off red alerts.  "just take my word for it" brings up our defenses for a reason, you know?  Don't like doubters?  Well, God shouldn't have made us then, eh?

Edited by cuchulain

On 6/21/2016 at 10:31 PM, Child of God said:

The world does not revolve around me. It was the will of those in heaven to speak to me. And I do not speak for God. You should sincerely pray and humbly ask for the help necessary for you to have faith and be saved.

It's a cruel and foolish God that makes people smart enough for Atheism.      

:lol:

I have seen lots of things that looked very VERY real, but I know they were not.  Reference the latest Avengers movie...humans are very capable of making things that look real but aren't.  Is it such a stretch to imagine the human imagination concocting something that just isn't real, but fooling itself?

14 hours ago, cuchulain said:

I have seen lots of things that looked very VERY real, but I know they were not.  Reference the latest Avengers movie...humans are very capable of making things that look real but aren't.  Is it such a stretch to imagine the human imagination concocting something that just isn't real, but fooling itself?

Many things seem real when we dream.  Then we wake up.

:whist:

On 8/4/2016 at 2:05 PM, cuchulain said:

I always find it amazing how hostile(or seemingly hostile to me) that people will get when they post a "true story", when they are asked for proof.  Why so much hostility to someone who simply doesn't believe your testimony?  I understand that you cannot provide "proof", because you would have by now if you could.  Why not simply state that this is a first hand account and that you don't have proof available, beyond your word?  I tell you the truth, it comes off as if you are trying to prove something that didn't happen.  That's simply my opinion.  I don't believe in your God, or your testimony, because of how you come off.  Someone asks a few simple, pointed questions, and you start accusing, casting about hell fire, so to speak.  Anyone who actually experienced something like this and reported it wouldn't be nearly so offended when someone simply didn't believe them because of a lack of evidence.  That's my opinion friend.  If you feel I am going to hell because of it, that's fine.  I don't need a God who is so hateful.  Instead, I will ask you this:  What good works, beyond spreading the scripture, have you done?  Seems to me people who have stories like this often have little else, so maybe you should consider volunteering your time for a worthy cause that helps people in this life, if you don't already.  Just a thought.

Here's a true story for you:  My wife was looking for work recently.  She signed up on a job site, got a call from a marketing company offering 75k a year for her to go around selling anti drug pamphlets to schools in our area.  Full maintenance on our vehicle, dental, medical, the whole works.  She was real excited.  I had to burst her bubble of course, not that I wanted to.  I told her she should first look up the company, which claimed to represent scholastic, that then she should look up several of the names she had heard associated with the company, basically do the due diligence in this day and age and find out if it were legit or not.  Looked it up, the information seemed to match at first, but that's because the guy on the phone was a good storyteller.  After reading a few reviews of the company, and calling scholastic and finding out it did not indeed represent them, we came across a story by a major news organization that talked about the scam in question.  Through it all, the person on the other end of the phone had one key element in common with all other scam artists:  They insisted what they were selling was the truth, and insisted we not doubt them.  

Christianity makes it a sin to doubt.  Now think about that one for a while.  If they were trying to sell you anything else, that would send off red alerts.  "just take my word for it" brings up our defenses for a reason, you know?  Don't like doubters?  Well, God shouldn't have made us then, eh?

I revealed proof of the Holy Spirit in another thread. BELIEVE IT OR NOT. Here it is again...proof of the Holy Spirit.

Identifying the Holy Spirit

This is a photograph of the Holy Spirit descending like a dove.

u1NzHvh.jpg

Here is a photograph of the Holy Spirit motionless.

FXRAW5Y.jpg

Below is a painting of Saint Andrew with the Holy Spirit upon him.

pDBtjDX.jpg

The Halo is found in scripture as the Holy Spirit alighting and remaining upon Jesus.

Mathew 3:16. When He had been baptized, Jesus came up immediately from the water, and behold, the heavens were opened to Him, and He saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and alighting upon Him.

John 1:32. John testified saying, "I have seen the Spirit descending as a dove out of heaven, and He remained upon Him."

The center photograph above is of the Holy Spirit in His spirit bodily form.

Luke 3:22. And the Holy Spirit descended in bodily form like a dove upon Him, and a voice came from heaven which said, "You are My Beloved Son; in You I am well pleased."

The Holy Spirit alighting and remaining upon Jesus appeared as a Halo.

Edited by Child of God