Pastor Dave

Christian Brings Dead to Life

43 posts in this topic

Glad to see you're still paying attention to this topic cuchulain.

These types of stories keep showing up for me. I'm not searching them out.  I just happen to run across them in my usual surfing. Here is one I ran across this morning.

Miracle man survives explosion and fire that burned 95% of his body, gives glory to God

Here is a small excerpt from the story;

“There may be one person a year burned over 75 percent of their body and lives,” McDaniel notes. “There may be one person in a lifetime burned over 95 percent of their body and lives. But there is only one in the history of the world burned 95 percent who still has functionality. I am the one.”

Today, McDaniel is often invited to conferences featuring burn specialists. “I’m a spectacle for the burn doctors. They can’t explain why I lived,” he adds.

His eyes should have melted at 1,200 degrees, but they’re perfect, as clear as crystal. The inside of his nose, mouth, and lungs were not burned. His heart, liver, and kidneys never gave out. Even though his scalp was removed and re-grafted 13 times, his hair is thicker now than it was before the accident. His ears fell off in the hospital, but they are growing back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ears growing back? That's a new one on me. Makes it especially hard for me to believe. Sorry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

Pastor Dave said:    I'm not trying to convince anyone of anything. Nor am I trying to prove anything other than these kinds of things are out there for those willing to receive them. If you don't believe in angels that's fine for you.

Providing insightful information is great and let each of us decide if it "convinces" us or not. I've watched hundreds of "proof docu-dramas and supposedly scientific evidence of which the line certainly get blurred. While I believe in the possibility of angels, demons, demi-gods, super humans, ghosts among many other phenomena, as well as cases of being brought back to life...I still don't have the absolute, 100% proof I need for true BELIEF.

Thanks for the links, interesting to say the least... and it was great to leave it up to others to choose what they wish with the info.

Blessings of Peace,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A guy has 115 surgeries and his survival is a miracle the doctors can't explain? If they didn't think he had any chance of surviving, what did they use up so many resources on all those surgeries for? The crew of a plane perform CPR, use a defibrillator, and set up an IV drip for a man, but a man who prayed gets credit for the save? It feels kind of forced...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/17/2016 at 3:00 PM, mererdog said:

A guy has 115 surgeries and his survival is a miracle the doctors can't explain? If they didn't think he had any chance of surviving, what did they use up so many resources on all those surgeries for? The crew of a plane perform CPR, use a defibrillator, and set up an IV drip for a man, but a man who prayed gets credit for the save? It feels kind of forced...

My mom used to work at the VA in Marion.  They got a real bad rap for a while about survivability and surgery, but what the public typically failed to realize while all that was going on was that the VA operates slightly different in that they were not allowed to refuse to do a surgery with low chances, unlike private hospitals.  So, they often had 70 to 80 year old men begging for the surgery they just knew was going to save their life, only to die on the table like the doctor told them would happen.  You can imagine it made the numbers, which is what the public recoiled at, look way different.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, cuchulain said:

the VA operates slightly different in that they were not allowed to refuse to do a surgery with low chances, 

I am pretty sure that is not accurate. Luckily it doesn't matter if it is, in this case.... low chances not being the same as no chance. If a doctor doesn't sign off on it at least being possible that a surgery will provide benefits to the patient, the VA isn't allowed to  do it. Anorexics demanding gastric bypass will not get it, you know?

Beating long odds is impressive, but not really that miraculous seeming. That is why the story was presented in a way that makes the survival seem like doing the impossible...  As I said, "kind of forced."

Edited by mererdog

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/25/2016 at 10:06 PM, Pastor Dave said:

I like to post every now and then just so Murph doesn't delete me for inactivity.

Bringing the Dead to Life

Would Murph really do that?? I haven't posted in a long time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Bro. Hex said:

Would Murph really do that?? I haven't posted in a long time.

From the Forum Policies topic....

" 11b: Account Removal

It is not necessary to request that your account be removed. You may simply stop pointing your browser at this site. Inactive accounts are periodically removed as a part of regular housekeeping. If your account is removed and you wish to return simply re-register as a new member. However, if you feel the need to announce your departure to the entire forum and you do so in a derogatory manner, or violate any forum rules when doing so, your account will be marked as BANNED and you will not be allowed to re-register in the future."

He's never been real specific about how long it takes to go inactive, but I don't think anyone's ever asked?

Edited by mererdog

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes I was deleted by Murph for inactivity once.  I probably didn't post for over 6 months. This was probably only about a year or so after joining the forums. I've tried to make sure I post every so often since then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Beware the wrath of the Murph.  You have been warned!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's a lot of Members in risk of deletion then, some haven't posted for years and are still on the roll-call. I've never seen such low response here at dot-net, ever, as over this last year. Shameful on one hand but the huddled masses MUST have their Farcebook time along with their friends. Too bad that, forums use to be a great exchange and way to discuss at leisure.

As far as this article goes, yeah, I have to agree ... I'm pretty sure it was the CPR and IV that worked here and not the prayers, unless of course you consider the prayer being for "save his life" and the actions of EMT being that "save". That's a long shot though and not specific enough to pass the litmus test.

Blessings of Peace,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/6/2016 at 3:20 PM, Atwater Vitki said:

There's a lot of Members in risk of deletion then, some haven't posted for years and are still on the roll-call. I've never seen such low response here at dot-net, ever, as over this last year. Shameful on one hand but the huddled masses MUST have their Farcebook time along with their friends. Too bad that, forums use to be a great exchange and way to discuss at leisure.

As far as this article goes, yeah, I have to agree ... I'm pretty sure it was the CPR and IV that worked here and not the prayers, unless of course you consider the prayer being for "save his life" and the actions of EMT being that "save". That's a long shot though and not specific enough to pass the litmus test.

Blessings of Peace,

 

Is that what happened?  We can't compete with Facebook?     :sigh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

pulling someone out of a burning car(or building)is not the same as bringing the dead back to life,no matter what they say while doing it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

5 minutes ago, mark 45 said:

pulling someone out of a burning car(or building)is not the same as bringing the dead back to life,no matter what they say while doing it.

Yes mark 45, I know. The first story was about bringing the dead back to life. Since then I have just used this thread to post any stories that I run across relating to Christians & the miraculous.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Pastor Dave said:

 

Yes mark 45, I know. The first story was about bringing the dead back to life. Since then I have just used this thread to post any stories that I run across relating to Christians & the miraculous.

Or as I debate, hopefully remaining friendly, Christians and the unexplained.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, cuchulain said:

Or as I debate, hopefully remaining friendly, Christians and the unexplained.

Yes cuchulain, as far as I can remember even when we have disagreed it's always remained friendly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now