Happy Holidays!

This isn’t meant to be either for or from any specific faith or denomination. Regardless, I recognize the significance of this moment, and I recognize the potential it has for Hope throughout the world. It is because of this Hope (the point and spiritual focus of my faith as One of the Hopeful) that I wish to spread the kind wishes, good cheer, and warm blessings for absolutely everyone. Happy Holidays, and all of my love.

Scott Edward

This isnt meant to be either for or from any specific faith or denomination. Regardless, I recognize the significance of this moment, and I recognize the potential it has for Hope throughout the world. It is because of this Hope (the point and spiritual focus of my faith as One of the Hopeful) that I wish to spread the kind wishes, good cheer, and warm blessings for absolutely everyone. Happy Holidays, and all of my love.

Scott Edward

Thank you. Happy and healthy New Year.

Edited by Jonathan H. B. Lobl

As a Christian, I personally get a little tired of Christmas and the superficiality of it all;

In the spirit of Christmas, people seem to enjoy cutting down a tree and decorating it (heathenism), and then killing a turkey and stuffing themselves with an enormous meal (gluttony). They often knock each other over to grab gifts for everyone they know (materialism), and go into a ton of debt doing it (usury). They teach children to anticipate the arrival of a mystical man bearing gifts (paganism), and to be good for this immortal Saint Nick (idolatry). Meanwhile, many adults are content watching football games all day with a 12 pack of beer (drunkenness). Dec 25th is about family, you and yours are all that's important (selfishness). We engage in these things to commemorate a man who detested all of it, and who was not even born on the day we celebrate. Perhaps it might be more honest to leave Christ out of Christmas and just recognize the 'Merry' part of it? Just my ridiculous opinion smile.png

But I guess its all about hope for something more, something better. Cheers to a great 2016

As a Christian, I personally get a little tired of Christmas and the superficiality of it all;

In the spirit of Christmas, people seem to enjoy cutting down a tree and decorating it (heathenism), and then killing a turkey and stuffing themselves with an enormous meal (gluttony). They often knock each other over to grab gifts for everyone they know (materialism), and go into a ton of debt doing it (usury). They teach children to anticipate the arrival of a mystical man bearing gifts (paganism), and to be good for this immortal Saint Nick (idolatry). Meanwhile, many adults are content watching football games all day with a 12 pack of beer (drunkenness). Dec 25th is about family, you and yours are all that's important (selfishness). We engage in these things to commemorate a man who detested all of it, and who was not even born on the day we celebrate. Perhaps it might be more honest to leave Christ out of Christmas and just recognize the 'Merry' part of it? Just my ridiculous opinion smile.png

But I guess its all about hope for something more, something better. Cheers to a great 2016

As One of the Hopeful, I've learned that one gains or strengthens their Hope by offering the same to another. That's the main reason for this thread. I'm celebrating the holiday, not because it was supposedly the birth of Christ, or because it's around the Winter Solstice, but because if there was ever a day in which many people offer Hope to many more, Christmas would be that day. I don't necessarily hold to the notion that Christ is responsible for that Hope, but I am certainly willing to give at least some of the credit to Big J of Nazareth.

Cheers to you, as well!