The Source Speaks To Me

scottedward

About a week ago, I tried to stop drinking Pepsi on somebody's advice.

My left hand began to ache or hurt for no apparent reason only a day after. It was awful, because I've always been right-handed, but multiple sclerosis made using it impossible. After my right hand became useless in 2007, I was forced to make the other hand my dominant hand. Now, the last couple of days were kind of scary because now my LEFT hand started to ache like it had a piano dropped on it. So what, now I couldn't use either hand? Like I said, it was a little frightening.

I picked up a bottle of Pepsi, again.

I didn't have an excuse, beyond the stress of becoming even more disabled. Honestly, not being able to type any longer terrifies me.

I felt no pain after I woke up this morning.

Still no pain even after wrestling with the dog or typing this. I believe that The Source is suggesting that I've had to give up too many of life's simple pleasures, already; drinking Pepsi won't kill me any faster than having multiple sclerosis, so chill the heck out!

That sounds like an appreciable sentiment to me, Scott. My mother has COPD in the extreme, she has smoked since she was 13 and now is 61, she had to leave work because of it. Her O2 sats drop to the upper 70's simply from walking fifteen or so feet, and the doctors give her a 25% chance to live the next four years. They refuse to speculate on the shorter term for some reason. My aunt lives with my mom, and has struggled the last few years at trying to get my mom to do things that will extend her life just that much more, things like not having the grandkids over to visit as much, but my mom is at the point where she prefers quality over quantity. The only thing that might help her get around a little more would be a lung transplant, and we all know she is not a likely candidate for that without giving up the smokes, which she doesn't want to do. In the end, even if she gave up smoking and got the transplant, chances are good she wouldn't last very much longer anyway. She just lives as she always has.

That sounds like an appreciable sentiment to me, Scott. My mother has COPD in the extreme, she has smoked since she was 13 and now is 61, she had to leave work because of it. Her O2 sats drop to the upper 70's simply from walking fifteen or so feet, and the doctors give her a 25% chance to live the next four years. They refuse to speculate on the shorter term for some reason. My aunt lives with my mom, and has struggled the last few years at trying to get my mom to do things that will extend her life just that much more, things like not having the grandkids over to visit as much, but my mom is at the point where she prefers quality over quantity. The only thing that might help her get around a little more would be a lung transplant, and we all know she is not a likely candidate for that without giving up the smokes, which she doesn't want to do. In the end, even if she gave up smoking and got the transplant, chances are good she wouldn't last very much longer anyway. She just lives as she always has.

At times, living the only way you know how is all that we have left. I have nothing but empathy for you and yours.

I appreciate that you've shared with me. I'll mention your mom when I pray to The Source for the evening, I promise.

Edited by scottedward

My left hand began to ache or hurt for no apparent reason only a day after. It was awful, because I've always been right-handed, but multiple sclerosis made using it impossible. After my right hand became useless in 2007, I was forced to make the other hand my dominant hand. Now, the last couple of days were kind of scary because now my LEFT hand started to ache like it had a piano dropped on it. So what, now I couldn't use either hand? Like I said, it was a little frightening.

I didn't have an excuse, beyond the stress of becoming even more disabled. Honestly, not being able to type any longer terrifies me.

Still no pain even after wrestling with the dog or typing this. I believe that The Source is suggesting that I've had to give up too many of life's simple pleasures, already; drinking Pepsi won't kill me any faster than having multiple sclerosis, so chill the heck out!

Give thanks to Lord Mammon ! He has evidently blessed you with a strong mind and a good attitude. Seeing what is probably your situation (that is IF you collecting S.S.I or S.S.D), I would suggest begging and panhandling to secure funds. Remember, we teach that ethics are adaptive, and if you want more funds this seems the best way. Plus you don't report it to the IRS.

Profit Tom Wycihowski

Church of Mammon

"Greed is GOOD"

Give thanks to Lord Mammon ! He has evidently blessed you with a strong mind and a good attitude. Seeing what is probably your situation (that is IF you collecting S.S.I or S.S.D), I would suggest begging and panhandling to secure funds. Remember, we teach that ethics are adaptive, and if you want more funds this seems the best way. Plus you don't report it to the IRS.

Profit Tom Wycihowski

Church of Mammon

"Greed is GOOD"

Hey! Thanks for the good word, Profit Wycihowski. Take it easy.

That's a large part of the reason for the emphasis on especially in my sig.

I'm glad your hand improved, however it came about. Best wishes for your health in general.

I appreciate your thoughts, Seeker.

I suspect that others might need your best wishes far more than I do.

Were you drinking diet soda, sweetened with aspartame/NutraSweet? Aspartame is a neurol toxin which mimics the symptoms of MS and makes real MS worse. It gives me a different reaction. It's very bad stuff.

Were you drinking diet soda, sweetened with aspartame/NutraSweet? Aspartame is a neurol toxin which mimics the symptoms of MS and makes real MS worse. It gives me a different reaction. It's very bad stuff.

No, brother. The Pepsi I drink isn't diet. The only thing I have to worry about is high fructose corn syrup, which is basically sugar on crack. Nothing artificial. When I'm not drinking Pepsi, I drink tea. Plenty of tea, and I don't bother sweetening it.

Edited by scottedward

• Amulet locked this topic