Hello there!

Me and a few others are currently considering setting up a small congregation, however we have came across a stumbling block with regards to naming our congregation. To give a very brief overview of our belief system, I'd classify us as "theosophy-esque", perhaps - with certainly a strong emphasis on aspects of Hindu cosmology in particular (although we also combine elements of Ascended Masters theology as well as Judeo-Christian ideas). Do any people on here have any advice when it comes to naming a congregation or religious/spiritual group? To give you an idea of the kind of names members have proposed in the past, we've had "Mahasatya - Disciples of Christ", "Pure Land Ministries", "Pure Land Kingdom Ministries" and "Temple of Nataraja".

Thank you! :)

Edited by nocthesis

Hello there!

Me and a few others are currently considering setting up a small congregation, however we have came across a stumbling block with regards to naming our congregation. To give a very brief overview of our belief system, I'd classify us as "theosophy-esque", perhaps - with certainly a strong emphasis on aspects of Hindu cosmology in particular (although we also combine elements of Ascended Masters theology as well as Judeo-Christian ideas). Do any people on here have any advice when it comes to naming a congregation or religious/spiritual group? To give you an idea of the kind of names members have proposed in the past, we've had "Mahasatya - Disciples of Christ", "Pure Land Ministries", "Pure Land Kingdom Ministries" and "Temple of Nataraja".

Other words that might help -- Light, Devine, purification, mastery, Love, Fellowship, Enlightenment, Worship, Path, Way, Salvation, Avatar, prayer, meditation, heart, open heart, sacred heart, etc.

It would help if I knew more about your focus. What do you want to convey?

Edited by Jonathan H. B. Lobl

Other words that might help -- Light, Devine, purification, mastery, Love, Fellowship, Enlightenment, Worship, Path, Way, Salvation, Avatar, prayer, meditation, heart, open heart, sacred heart, etc.

It would help if I knew more about your focus. What do you want to convey?

Thank you for the advice :) much appreciated

I think it terms of answering your question our main aim would be to convey a sense of unity and fraternity within the group, whilst also having a welcoming tone to the group name (it would also be important that the name 'stands out' so to speak.

Thank you for the advice :) much appreciated

I think it terms of answering your question our main aim would be to convey a sense of unity and fraternity within the group, whilst also having a welcoming tone to the group name (it would also be important that the name 'stands out' so to speak.

Fellowship of the Open Heart?

Open Door Fellowship?

Fellowship of Sacred Light?

United Hearts of Light?

Light Heart Unity?

Am I getting closer?

Edited by Jonathan H. B. Lobl

Hello there!

Mixing-Pot Ministries

Fellowship of the Open Heart?

Open Door Fellowship?

Fellowship of Sacred Light?

United Hearts of Light?

Light Heart Unity?

Am I getting closer?

Thanks everyone for the replies, and yes all of those are similar to what I was looking for, thank you :) Zen Ministries of Christ is also a great suggestion, as for the last one I concur with the prior comment; I'm not sure we would want anybody to think that we were inferring anything haha

Edited by nocthesis

Thanks everyone for the replies, and yes all of those are similar to what I was looking for, thank you :) Zen Ministries of Christ is also a great suggestion, as for the last one I concur with the prior comment; I'm not sure we would want anybody to think that we were inferring anything haha

Another word to be cautious about is "Unification.". People might think that you're Moonies.

Hello there!

You should name your church or group to reflect it's belief system laid down in it's by-laws or Statement of Faith.

• Amulet locked this topic