your-name@ulcmail.net Email

• Administrator

A while back there was being offered a service that you could have a user-at-ulcmail.net email address.

If enough members are still interested in this I can make it happen almost instantly. Although this time it would be entirely free! A little different methodology than before, but still quite workable.

http://www.ulcmail.net

Edited: It's working. Just go to the site above and complete the registration process.

NOTE: YOU MUST HAVE AT LEAST 100 POSTS TO BE ELIGIBLE. LOSS OF FORUM PRIVILEDGES RESULTS IN LOSS OF SERVICE!

Edited by mdtaylor
  • Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrator
You have sparked some interest here to. This would be a web-mail type email setup right??

No. It is a mail forwarding service. For example, if I sent mail to skipdawg-at-ulcmail.net you would receive it at your present email address you have at your own isp.

• Administrator
I would like more info before I commit.

There is nothing to commit to.

What are the advantages?
Only advantage would be name recognition (ULCmail.net)
What ae the disadvantages?

Not everyone can grasp the 'how it works' thing.

I like my current e-mail, does this replace it?

Absolutely not. You must have a personal email address to use it.

• Administrator

Well, this is no longer in pre-registration, it's a reality. Everyone that pre-registered should have a working -at-ulcmail.net address. You can check your own by sending yourself an email to your -at-ulcmail.net address. If you do not receive it send an email to admin-at-ulcmail.net for assistance.

Anyone else that wants one can just register at http://www.ulcmail.net

• Administrator

And just another note.... when you register it is not immediate. You must wait for the confirmation email before it is active. Since it is actually done by hand the activations take up to 24 hours. Sometimes just a few minutes.

Keith, yours is done.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
You have sparked some interest here to. This would be a web-mail type email setup right??

No. It is a mail forwarding service. For example, if I sent mail to skipdawg-at-ulcmail.net you would receive it at your present email address you have at your own isp.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

well yopu peeked my intrest

• 2 weeks later...

I tried to open that page but got "cannot find server".

Well that' because the server is right in the middle of the path of Rita...but don't fret. We'll be back online soon.

To have the email fowarding account, one has to have 100 posts ?

Tim

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

• 3 weeks later...

This don't say anything about 100 posts:

Terms of Service: Use of this email forwading service is contingent upon your continued good standing in one of the qualifying forums. If, for any reason, you lose your good standing with any of the listed forums, your account here will also be deleted. Verification of your forum membership may be conducted at any time. Use of another persons forum name as your user name for this email service is strictly prohibited. We reserve the right to cease the service at any time.

I tried to open that page but got "cannot find server".

Well that' because the server is right in the middle of the path of Rita...but don't fret. We'll be back online soon.

Tim

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Also stated on the site:

Note: This is available to all forum member of ULC Online Forum, ULC Monastery Forum, or the ULC Seminary Forum, ONLY after you have posted at least 100 posts and are still in good standing with the forum.

I'm sure Mark (mdtaylor) would know seeing as he is the one that runs the email forwarding services. So his word is the rule behind the service, fyi.