Jewish Or Messianic Texts Needed (:

This is asked before I type in sacred-texts in my search bar, mind you.

Okay, so I decided that I wanted more empowerment and spirit behind my beliefs. When people ask for me to pray for them, in person, while they are sick or having trouble - a lot of people ask for me to pray to Christ. I have had absolutely no problem with that. When we do the act of prayer I can feel a heavy warmth come over me and naturally assume that it is the Holy Spirit that has descended. I have felt this presence over and again while in Pentecostal churches. Baptist church, Messianic church, Methodist and the non-denominational churches I have went to just pray and it feels empty. There is no excitement, there is no sense of peace and there is no feeling behind anything done. Not to say that these peoples' faith or any less than my own or that their salvation is compromised because of so - but I want to have an active faith where I see miracles happen. That I see lives restored and to see lonely people find a place. This can happen in any congregation, though - Christian or not.

So, I decided - Hey! I want what they have! But I don't want to be Christian. Because the last time I had converted faiths I ended up in a place I did not want to be. I was scared into conversion and made to believe that because I am a woman that I am less than a man and therefore a wicked, lustful witch who didn't deserve God's love. I was told that because of my gender I could not become a minister and teach, exhort, prophecy to or just edify the Body in general.

These days I've been feeling a force inside me telling me that maybe Wicca is not my path. Granted, it did help me overcome a lot of my anxiety. It helped me see things as they are and to know that feelings are not facts and that I should go by what I know instead of what I feel. Feelings are good indicators of whether there is a threat - or pleasure - in the environment but they aren't the whole of everything. Wicca gave me enough empowerment to be able to tell men "No. I don't like that. I refuse to submit to you because you are not the intercessor between me and God. Period."

And now I am no longer afraid. Instead of choosing to "select random denomination" out of Christianity... I decided that I should just be Jewish because I want to celebrate Holidays that mean something to me - not just because they're boring rituals done each piece of the year. The Sabbats have given me enough groundwork to want to celebrate Shabbat and the High Holidays.

I don't want to become some conservative nut-job, though, which is why I choose to stand out by being "Jewish" instead of "Christian" that way I don't have my peers forcibly make me believe and follow their Tenets to the T.

I want to stay away from Messianic circles, though, because their firm beliefs about women are stated in the earlier passage I wrote.

Read a website that was an online synagogue for Jewish Universalism and found it interesting.

This is the first time in ever - and I mean ever - that I have had an interest, a fire for reading the Bible. I literally dug through a few totes just to get my hands on some old Christian books I'd had stowed away yet didn't have the heart to throw away. Right now I'm reading through Barney Kasdan's God's Appointed Times to learn the High Holidays and Shabbat.

Does anybody else have any suggestions for readings in regards to Jewish Universalism that focuses on Yeshua?

While my faith is changing - I have to say a lot of my ideals won't, especially in the regard of women in clergy. But yes, links, links, links please. Or just keywords I can use to fill my head and heart with. (:

And if you have questions as to Why a change of faith?, they're more than welcome.

Personally, I've seen Mormons proclaim to have received a miracle while at an evangelical festival, or from a Jew witnessing a Hindu event. I don't think a particular brand in faith is required to receive a holy spirit or a miracle from any God, but rather a strong belief and conviction to receive and possibly perform them.

I believe my God would reach those in the best way that they can accept and understand, which crosses all faiths.

Sorry, I don't have any recommendations for you at this time, as I'm still searching for answers, myself.

Wish you well on your journey of discovery.

And that's awesome, Keystrikr. I've witnessed the same thing, myself at many events.

However, sadly, the churches I would attend are more narrow and would not accept that those things happen. You know, because Jesus is an exclusivity and everything else is witchcraft.

Although, I would consider myself Jewish - it would probably be a more liberal kind. Like a mix of Judaism, Qabbalah, Christianity and Gnosticism. I focus on both esoteric and exoteric teachings. I'd like to attend the Assemblies of God church here but I doubt they would be very happy to hear that I am Liberal. I still practice Tarot because it has been beneficial. Before I read the cards I put my hands over them and can feel the Holy Spirit emanating from them. They've never lied to me or deceived me into doing something against my own values. That's what a lot of stricter people aren't able to accept.

That and I'm not "searching" for my faith. I already have it. I just am adding onto it and deducting what doesn't serve me anymore.

Whether I worship YHVH or Odin makes no real difference. I'm just advancing, is all, and I think I would like the same passion, fire and Spirit of my Christian friends. I want that power so that I may better serve people and feel confident in my faith.

Oh! I've already had experience with Qi Gong and Reiki.

Reiki is something I've already had the first attunement for. Sadly, I haven't really worked on practicing it. I should really get to that.

Also, I've realized that just because I believe in the immaculate birth of, life, teachings, healings, crucifixion and resurrection of Christ doesn't mean I have to be Christian.

I think right now I should just do some studying into Judaism. Because, honestly, I've more experience with Wicca than anything and I have quite a few positive tools that I've learned from Christianity. Perhaps I should just study these and remain as I am? Because I don't want to tell someone I'm Jewish and have them ask me if I had a good Yom Kippur when I don't know the dates or where I attend synagogue and who my rabbi is.

Oh! I've already had experience with Qi Gong and Reiki.

Reiki is something I've already had the first attunement for. Sadly, I haven't really worked on practicing it. I should really get to that.

Also, I've realized that just because I believe in the immaculate birth of, life, teachings, healings, crucifixion and resurrection of Christ doesn't mean I have to be Christian.

I think right now I should just do some studying into Judaism. Because, honestly, I've more experience with Wicca than anything and I have quite a few positive tools that I've learned from Christianity. Perhaps I should just study these and remain as I am? Because I don't want to tell someone I'm Jewish and have them ask me if I had a good Yom Kippur when I don't know the dates or where I attend synagogue and who my rabbi is.

Judaism is many different things. If you know what you want -- and what you don't want -- it can be as good as any other path. So, what do you want to find? And what do you want to avoid?

• 3 months later...
On 9/25/2015 at 0:41 PM, thebeautifulpromise said:

I think right now I should just do some studying into Judaism. Because, honestly, I've more experience with Wicca than anything and I have quite a few positive tools that I've learned from Christianity. Perhaps I should just study these and remain as I am?

Bingo! Yahtzee! and Uno!

The Christ, Mohamed and the Buddha all had amazing messages whether one believes they lived or not, are simply mythological figures or were exactly who the scriptures say they were. This is why I have to give a :thumbu: to what Hermano Luis said about remaining who we are.

While I am most dedicated to and experienced in my pagan priesthood of a Runic Vitki (also a very controversial title within Ásatrú) and practice the Old Ways of Odhinism, I've gained a lot of positive wisdom from these other prophets and "redeemer". It's not the personal messages and beliefs of these figures that have caused all the hardships and wars in this world, rather, the stance of those who have come long after and used their messages for personal gain and collective power trips.

Killing others because they don't believe the same goes against every one of these messengers vital, living testaments. Love your enemies, forgive those who sin against you and embrace the good in our fellow humans. If we be the best we can be without a label people say "S/He is a good person". We shouldn't have to endure "Good Christian, Muslim or Buddhist, just Good Person should suffice.

Indeed, remain who you are Promise, and if we all do the same without judgment of others there can be a world of Good People living in Peace and Harmony.

Blessings of Peace,

Edited by Atwater Vitki
pselling
23 hours ago, Atwater Vitki said:

Bingo! Yahtzee! and Uno!

The Christ, Mohamed and the Buddha all had amazing messages whether one believes they lived or not, are simply mythological figures or were exactly who the scriptures say they were. This is why I have to give a :thumbu: to what Hermano Luis said about remaining who we are.

While I am most dedicated to and experienced in my pagan priesthood of a Runic Vitki (also a very controversial title within Ásatrú) and practice the Old Ways of Odhinism, I've gained a lot of positive wisdom from these other prophets and "redeemer". It's not the personal messages and beliefs of these figures that have caused all the hardships and wars in this world, rather, the stance of those who have come long after and used their messages for personal gain and collect power trips.

Killing others because they don't believe the same goes against every one of these messengers vital, living testaments. Love your enemies, forgive those who sin against you and embrace the good in our fellow humans. If we be the best we can be without a label people say "S/He is a good person". We shouldn't have to endure "Good Christian, Muslim or Buddhist, just Good Person should suffice.

Indeed, remain who you are Promise, and if we all do the same without judgment of others there can be a world of Good People living in Peace and Harmony.

Blessings of Peace,

Skol! (I hope I spelled that right.)

I agree with this sentiment. The message remains the same even though different philosophies came to this conclusion through different teachers.

• Amulet locked this topic