Currently Reading . . .

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrator
I'm re-reading the David Eddings Belgariad and Mallorean series for about the billionth time.  If you're only going to read ONE fantasy series in your life then this one should be it!

E.

Do you have Belgarath the Sorcerer and Polgara the Sorceress?

And do you have the Rivan Codex?

also...if you're into Eddings, check out The Diamond Throne, The Ruby Knight, and the Sapphire Rose. There's a sequel to that series, too..Domes of Fire, The Shining Ones, and The Hidden City.

David and Leigh also just came out with a new book this year called "The Elder Gods" which promises to become a new series. I haven't read this yet, but I'm workin on it. ;)

• 3 weeks later...

I've read some of the Eddings series... can't remember which ones, but I think it was the telarian and belgariad trilogies? Not bad, a good read for a rainy day as I recall.

I have Peter Berresford's "The Druids" which I just received, and am going to start working on that.

• 4 weeks later...
Does anyone have a good historical fiction book they recommend? :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Neal Stephenson has just finished a Trilogy of historical novels set in the mid/late 1700's. Interesting stuff. Stephenson crossed over from Sci-Fi where he did some truly interesting stuff which (now that I think of it) referenced historical sources.

Historic Novels (The Baroque Cycle, in 3 volumes)

Quicksilver

The Confusion

The System of the World

Sci-fi/Cyber Punk

Snow Crash (which was my introduction to Summerian Myth/Legends)

A Young Ladys Primer

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Neal Stephenson has just finished a Trilogy of historical novels set in the mid/late 1700's. Interesting stuff. Stephenson crossed over from Sci-Fi where he did some truly interesting stuff which (now that I think of it) referenced historical sources.

Quicksilver

The Confusion

The System of the World

Sci-fi/Cyber Punk

A Young Ladys Primer

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:cool:

I really liked Snow Crash!

I'm currently doing some light reading: p-adic Arakelov Number Theory, by Amnon Besser

and

Bloch-Kato Conjecture and Main Conjecture of Iwasawa Theory for Dirichlet Characters, by Annette Huber, Guido Kings

as well as

Historic similarities of Gallia Aquitania and the new European Union.

:beach:

Zigzag

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Quicksilver

The Confusion

The System of the World

Sci-fi/Cyber Punk

A Young Ladys Primer

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:cool:

I really liked Snow Crash!

I'm currently doing some light reading: p-adic Arakelov Number Theory, by Amnon Besser

and

Bloch-Kato Conjecture and Main Conjecture of Iwasawa Theory for Dirichlet Characters, by Annette Huber, Guido Kings

as well as

Historic similarities of Gallia Aquitania and the new European Union.

:beach:

Zigzag

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I love that type of reading.

For example, right now I'm reading the 5th Harry Potter book.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

...For example, right now I'm reading the 5th Harry Potter book.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm a big Potter Head. I just love those. I heard a rumor the 6th book is finished...Something Something and the Half-Blood Prince is the title, or at least some of it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

...For example, right now I'm reading the 5th Harry Potter book.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm a big Potter Head. I just love those. I heard a rumor the 6th book is finished...Something Something and the Half-Blood Prince is the title, or at least some of it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. Available July 17.

Order now and get it for half off the cover price. :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. Available July 17.

Order now and get it for half off the cover price. :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

DONE :!:

• 2 weeks later...

I just read, in about a day, The DaVinci Code

In a word... W O W :o

This was definitely a great read, and I'm glad I finally got a chance to read it. I liked it so much, that I bought my own copy (we had it on loan from the library).

I just read, in about a day, The DaVinci Code

In a word... W O W  :o

This was definitely a great read, and I'm glad I finally got a chance to read it. I liked it so much, that I bought my own copy (we had it on loan from the library).

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Told ya' so!!! :P

His other books are good too...Angels and Demons is excellent. Deception Point as well.

• Amulet locked and unpinned this topic