Currently Reading . . .

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm reading Handfastings & Wedding rituals by Kaldera & Schwartzsein

i have that book myself as well as a few others mentioned,

if your reading mouras gwII than you should try origins of modern witchcraft the eveloution of a world religion she wrote that as well,

i have a few on my table to start

the way of the wizard (deepak chopra)

the secrets of shambhala (james redfeild)

sacred contracts

and a few vc andrews books old habbits die hard

im reading the magical life(vivianne crowley)

the herbal menopause book (crawford)

voices of the goddess(catlin matthews)

the white goddess

like lambs to the slaughter....thats in the car cant remeber the author

I'm a slow reader . . . when I done with this one, I've got the third in this series to finish. I would like to know if anyone could recommend any books about either the possibility of light speed/faster than light speed travel and what others have to say about it and, two, the possibility of secret military or other bases on earth. (I say 'on earth' because 'theory' and rumor has it that there 'might' be a secret base on the moon. We've all heard that one before, haven't we?)

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

I just started a sci-fi called 'Open Pools'.

Just finished Thomas Sowell's 'Applied Economics'.

Before that I read 'The Riddle of St Leonards' which is I think book 5 of the Owen Archer medieval mystery series.

Before that I read a biography of Ben Hogan.

.......I usually read 1-2 books a month, an eclectic variety, one at time and v e r y s l o w l y.

• 2 weeks later...

Well lets take a look at what I've got on the go here:

Wicca A Guide for the Solitary Practitioner - Scott Cunningham

Wicca for Men - A.J. Drew

The Redemption of Althalus - David & Leah Eddings

Naked Empire - Terry Brooks

Sea of Silver Light - Tad Williams

The Wheedle on the Needle - Stephen Cosgrove (I read this all the time. It takes me to my happy place. Anyone else heard of this book? If you've got kids you should SO get this book. Especially if you live in or around Seattle)

That's it for now. I work at night so I have to keep myself etertained somehow. Take it easy everyone!

E.

I have not read the book, but the movie Battlefield: Earth (John Travolta) was a C-minus at best.

Stranger in a Strange Land - the book that probably is most recognizable as R.A.Heinlein.. a "modern day messiah" - boy born on Mars and raised by martians until found 20 years later and brought "home".. the term "Grok" and the phrase "Thou Art God" come from here.

I'm current reading "The Fallon Blood" by Robert Jordan.. a historical fiction from just before the revolutionary war. I just got done reading the Brian Herbert books (the two trilogies he's written based on his father's Dune works, although "Battle for Corrin" wasn't out yet, so I have to go hunt that down now).

I also have Silver Ravenwolf's Wiccan encyclopedia, and Cunningham's "Solitary Practitioner" that I'm trying to run through right now. And I need to go back and read through the Stephen Lawhead Arthurian series.

That's about it for me at the moment, any more and I wouldn't have time to work or sleep ;)

Stranger in a Strange Land - the book that probably is most recognizable as R.A.Heinlein.. a "modern day messiah" - boy born on Mars and raised by martians until found 20 years later and brought "home".. the term "Grok" and the phrase "Thou Art God" come from here.

i have read this book too, and loved it. "thou art god" is something of what i believe, in fact it is very very close to my beliefs.

• 2 weeks later...

At this time I am reading Healing Ceremonies. Creating Personal Rituals for Spiritual, Emotional, Physical and Mental Health.

This book is written by Carl A. Hammerschlag, M.D., and Howard D. Silverman, M.D.

I have an extensive colection of books. I am a person that would rather spend three hours reading then three hours watching T.V.

If I dont have $ to go to the book store and buy I will spend a great deal of time in the store reading.I usaly end up buying the ones I get the most out of. :smart:

• Amulet locked and unpinned this topic