Currently Reading . . .

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Houselfjoy
Randall Garett.. Murder and Magic.. for fun.. and /The Battlefield is the Mind.. Joyce Meyer.. /and  Basic types of pastoral care & counseling by Howard Clinebell.. the revised version.. /Just finnished Too many Magicians.. by Randall Garett.. easy reading..

Gotta get me some of those Randall Garrett books. Thanks for the heads up on them, Joy!!!

S. Black.. well that is the customer who gave me the first two books calls himself.. could you guess he is a Harry fan.. ? :rolleyes:

Randall Garett.. Murder and Magic.. for fun.. and /The Battlefield is the Mind.. Joyce Meyer.. /and  Basic types of pastoral care & counseling by Howard Clinebell.. the revised version.. /Just finnished Too many Magicians.. by Randall Garett.. easy reading..

Gotta get me some of those Randall Garrett books. Thanks for the heads up on them, Joy!!!

S. Black.. well that is the customer who gave me the first two books calls himself.. could you guess he is a Harry fan.. ? :rolleyes:

LOL...always listen to HP fans!!! :P BTW...I got hold of some really old stuff of Garrett's. I started reading one last night...and even though I am not a sci-fi fan, I can't seem to put it down. Thank you again! :wub:

Guest Houselfjoy
I just started A Guide to Rational Living by Albert Ellis. So far it has been an excellent book! :thumbu:

I have a copy.. Dave recommended it.. It is on my list of and in my stack of to dos! :o

I just started A Guide to Rational Living by Albert Ellis.  So far it has been an excellent book! :thumbu:

I have a copy.. Dave recommended it.. It is on my list of and in my stack of to dos! :o

That's where I got my recommendation from. Excellent book. You need to read it....

Guest Houselfjoy

He and I may not agree in many ways but I still consider him one of the good guys.. The book has made it to the top of the stack.. but it was a big stack. and it never seems to get smaller.. :D

I'm working on Battlefield Earth by L Ron Hubbard. Good book. Anyone seen the movie? All I want to know is is it was any good.

I rented the movie. I watched half an hour. I returned the movie. It was rancid.

I was one of the five people who actually saw it!

*laughs*

Unfortunately, I was one of the few people who actually liked it.

Though, I am still waiting to find that other person. :huh:

*sighs*

~ Elphaba

Edited by Elphaba

I would NOT recommend BEL CANTO.

It was given to me as a challenge to "widen my horizons" ^_^

Apparently my horizons are now officially widened but my taste remains unchanged.

With due respect to the writer who writes a very smooth page - the story line was simply not one of interest to me.

Von

• 2 weeks later...

I am reading a book that is driving me nuts...but I'm one of those that can't start a book and put it down if I don't like it...I have to read the entire book. aaargh!!!

So...for once I am reading only 1 book...just so I can get thru this silly thing...It's called The Journeyer by Gary Jennings, the author of Aztec.

(There are some good sex scenes in it though. ;) It's only redeeming factor IMO)

The last book I read was My Ishmael by Quinn. I'm now reading The dharma bums, by Kerouac.

Someone earlier asked about Stranger in a strange land, by Heinlein.

Get the uncut version rather than the original published version. Excellent read. The story of a man who is raised away from humanity and then thrown into our culture. It's mostly harmless.

For my money, Heinleins best work was Time Enough For Love.

Although The Moon Is A Harsh Mistress was excellent as well. I believe that is the one where Heinlein coined the term TANSTAAFL.

• Amulet locked and unpinned this topic