Sign in to follow this  
revwayne62

Currently Reading . . .

weel I don't seem to read as much as the rest of you but I am reading Steven King--On Writting..It is a good book for those who want to write.

I just finished "Friend of the Earth" by T.C. Boyle. I liked the story, but don't necessarily care for the writing style.

I'm currently reading "Scar Tissue" by Anthony Keidis. (An autobiography) so far it's very interesting, my only complaint is the length of the chapters. They're quite long, and I just can't put it down mid-chapter!

Almost done with " The Broker" by John Grisham. Will be reading a few within the next few months (for school)...In Cold Blood -Capote, The Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test-Wolfe, and a book by a new writer A Year of Absence-Jessica Redmond. I am looking forward to Redmonds book because it is about military wives whose hubbies are deployed.

Mr Paradise, by Elmore Leonard. It's not his very best but it's still good.

Grand chap, wrote this one at the age of 79. He's 81 now and probably good for a few more.

A Man Without a Country by Kurt Vonnegut. I'm glad that he broke his promise to never write another. one. :)

You know, I started this thread and I haven't even posted what I've been reading. Since I moved, I haven't been reading much. I started reading 'The Tribe' by Bari Wood. Very interesting. It's a horror novel. Not much into horror anymore, but it's still a good read, so far.

I'll get back to my Star Wars books as soon as I can get them out of storage.

Finished The Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test by Tom Wolfe...it was decent. Also finished In Cold Blood by Truman Capote, in my opinion there was too much build up and such a let down BUT the book still was good.

Finished The Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test by Tom Wolfe...it was decent. Also finished In Cold Blood by Truman Capote, in my opinion there was too much build up and such a let down BUT the book still was good.

Guest Pastor Brian

Letters from the Earth - Mark Twain

An enlightening and humorous book from an atheist who knew scripture very well.

Bluecat introduced me to the novels of Elmore Leonard a few weeks ago. We are trying to read as many as possible. He has written quite a bit (82 years old and still at it: long may he flourish)

I love the dialogue and the plot twists.

Finished The Jesus Papers , and Misquoting Jesus. Quite good reads. Now I've moved on to The Other Bible. Should be interesting. :)