Currently Reading . . .

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

"The Spiritual Life of Children" by Robert Coles , "gimp, surviving your survival: a memoir" by alisa christensen, "The Highland Bagpipe and Its Music" by Roderick D. Cannon, "Field of Glory: Ancient and Medieval Wargaming Rules" by Richard Bodley-Scott and Peter Dennis

I'm currently reading 3 books...well I just finished one. I just finished "Steal This Filesharing Book" which was a great read, sadly most of it I was already aware of, so I didn't learn much. I'm in the process of reading OpenOffice for dummies to help familiarize myself with OpenOffice. I also just switched over to Linux so I have a book (who's title I can't remember) on running Linux

• 1 month later...

After I read every book of Jane Austen, including my favorite books of all, Pride and Prejudice, I now read every book Candace Bushnell has written. SO now I am at her fourth book, Lipstick Jungle, and I really have to admit that I love her style of writing. Her sharp look upon a society that a lot of us want to be a part of, and she is one of the most gifted observer of the rich slice of Manhattan society. Right at the moment I do believe that it is her best Novel so far and may even be a victory flag for women who have control of their life.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just finished Twilight by Stephanie Meyer. Wasn't expecting a lot, it being young adult novel and all, but it wasn't written too badly. And by far less cheesy than the movie version.

Now I'm reading one of the BEST authors of poetry I have ever heard of. (Yeah, I know. A dirty old biker reading poetry. Laugh it up...)

The book is "My Voice" from our own Silver Rose.

This is a definite MUST READ and I for one am very proud to say that I know this incredible person.

Congrats Ceetee.

Now I'm reading one of the BEST authors of poetry I have ever heard of. (Yeah, I know. A dirty old biker reading poetry. Laugh it up...)

The book is "My Voice" from our own Silver Rose.

This is a definite MUST READ and I for one am very proud to say that I know this incredible person.

Congrats Ceetee.

thank you, Darren!! :)

• 2 weeks later...

"Exegetical Fallacies" by DA Carson. Second edition, Baker Academic: Grand Rapids, 1996.

On page 18 he quotes Robert K. Johnston; Evangelicals at an Impasse: Biblical Authority in Practice (Atlanta: John Knox, 1979), vii-viii:

"[that] evengelicals, all claiming a Biblical norm, are reaching contradictory theological formulations on many of the major issues thay are addressing suggests the problematic nature of thier present understanding of theological interpretation. To argue that the bible is authoritative, but to be unable to come to anythinglike agreement in what it says (even with those who share an evengelical commitment), is self-defeating."

• Amulet locked and unpinned this topic