THE SECRET DOCTRINE

BY H. P. BLAVATSKY

THEOSOPHICAL UNIVERSITY PRESS ASCII EDITION

VOLUMES 1 and 2

and just for pleasure :THE VAMPIRE

HIS KITH AND KIN

by Montague Summers

All are good, I like them their interesting..... :shift:

May I ask where'd you get the Blavatsky book from. I wanted to read something by her over the winter. What do you fell about her writings are they out of date compared with the knowledge we have of the world and the universe now?

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

May I ask where'd you get the Blavatsky book from. I wanted to read something by her over the winter. What do you fell about her writings are they out of date compared with the knowledge we have of the world and the universe now?

I have the PDF file for that book if you want to pm me fawzo and ill email to you. I will first put forth this quote from the book:

"But it is perhaps desirable to state unequivocally that the teachings, however fragmentary

and incomplete, contained in these volumes, belong neither to the Hindu, the Zoroastrian,

the Chaldean, nor the Egyptian religion, neither to Buddhism, Islam, Judaism nor

Christianity exclusively. The Secret Doctrine is the essence of all these. Sprung from it in

their origins, the various religious schemes are now made to merge back into their

original element, out of which every mystery and dogma has grown, developed, and

become materialised."

I would say, definably that her writings are needed, ever so much more now for their simplistic view of the origins, of those beliefs and religions that came out of the wilderness so to speak. It is because they speak to us through the factions of time and space along the lines of the original universal thoughts they still have their relevancy for today.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Currently reading “Zero Limits” by Joe Vitale and Ihaleakala Hew Len, PhD – the Secret Hawaiian System for Wealth, Health, Peace, and More…

A discussion of the Ho’oponopono system. Whereas the Hawaiian system of Huna has an interpersonal focus, Ho’oponopono has an intrapersonal focus. All that is in our life we create and Dr. Hew Len discusses how changes come about through “cleansing.”

"Ho’oponopono is a profound gift that allows one to develop a working relationship with the Divinity within and learn to ask that in each moment, our errors in thought, word, deed, or action be cleansed. The process is essentially about freedom, complete freedom from the past."

Dr. Hew Len has been called the world’s most unusual therapist… a psychologist who helped heal an entire ward of mentally ill criminals – without ever seeing any of them professionally.

Very interesting and thought provoking read.

I am actually reading three books right now: two on the religious philosophy of the Radha-Soami contemplative system, and the other on Christianity.

It is this second book that has caught my attention. It deals with the inner life of Mother Teresa of Calcutta. The name of the book is " Mother Teresa; Come Be My Light: The Private Writings of the 'Saint of Calcutta.' "

I have just begun chapter 4, and already the book has shed a lot of light on the inner life of Mother Teresa. Even though I am not a Christian, the book has already given me some light on my own spiritual path.

Ever since I heard of Mother Teresa I have taken a deep interest in her life. The book enlightens our understanding of the the Dark Night of the Soul as seen through the life of Mother Teresa. Even though the concept "Dark Night of the Soul" was pressented to the world by St. John of the Cross, it is a concept that has been known by mystic contemplatives of different religious traditions.

I think that it is a book that should be read by all sincere contemplative mystics and minister-priests of different spiritual traditions.

Hermano Luis

Moriviví Hermitage

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Just finished The Kite runner by Khaled Hosseini. Excellent with many twists and turns that you will enjoy. Afghanistan before, during and after the Russians and Taliban. Riveting. Enlightening. Recommend. You may see yourself and/or someone you know in the characters.

Am now reading Black Rain by Masuji Ibuse. It's about Hiroshima, actually the people, before, during and after the bomb. Hard book to put down and not finish in one sitting. If you have ever read "Hiroshima" by John Hersey, it fills in many gaps.

• Amulet locked and unpinned this topic