Currently Reading . . .

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This week I read "The Hidden Messages in Water" by Masaru Emoto and his "The Secret life of water"

and now I'm reading "Everything you know about God is wrong" edited by Russ Kick and "Age of Faith" by Will Durant

I stopped watching television.

Edited by Fawzo

"Change your thoughts - Change your Life Living the wisdom of the Tao" by Dr. Wayne W. Dyer.

Didn't know Dr. Dyer was a Taoist... :unsure:

Just started "The Tao of Elvis" by David Rosen, which tries to make a case for Elvis being the quintessential Taoist. Should be interesting...

• 4 weeks later...
Lords of Tsamra by M.A.R. Barker.

Let's see who has old school gamer geek cred. Without Google, who knows anything about this book, it's setting or Author..

Been playing rpg's for 27 years and read a wide variety of stuff... never heard of the author or the title.

The game is Empire of the Petal Throne, actually the second RPG published by TSR, created by Linguistics Professor M.A.R. Barker of the University of Minnesota. Not surprised you never heard of the book, as it was independently published, though he did have two other books set in the world published (I think under DAW) It was arguably the first published Game Setting, and, interestingly, not inspired by western mythology or Tolkien.

It is an ok book, however, with a few really nice touches and a rather Deus ex Machina ending.

Next up. I am America and So Can You..

I stopped watching television.

Me, too. Just ditched the dish. Gives me more time for reading and playing video games.

By the way, currently reading Dante's Divine Comedy and Hunter S. Thompson's Fear and Loathing on the Campaign Trail. For some reason it seemed like a good idea, and is turning out to be.

A tip if you want to read more, keep a book diary. Title, author, when you start reading, and when you finish the book or give up. It really makes you feel like you've accomplished when the pages start filling up. :thumbu:

A tip if you want to read more, keep a book diary. Title, author, when you start reading, and when you finish the book or give up. It really makes you feel like you've accomplished when the pages start filling up. :thumbu:

It would help me feel like I accomplished more if I retained more of the info. I think I have crammed my poor grey matter as full as possible and now I need an external hard drive to help me.

I retain stuff just fine in the old knowledge sponge between my ears. That's why my friends call me the queen of useless trivia... granted, it's only useless until they need it from me.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Dragonmark

Daily Study Bible Series, the Gospel of Mark by William Barclay

and

The Beast of Revelation Myth Metaphor Soon Coming Reality? by John H Ogwyn

I'm reading

THE BOOK OF THE DAMNED

CHARLES FORT

THE SECRET DOCTRINE

BY H. P. BLAVATSKY

THEOSOPHICAL UNIVERSITY PRESS ASCII EDITION

VOLUMES 1 and 2