Currently Reading . . .

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Just got done reading I Am Legend. If the movie is like the book, I'll pass. But then again, Hollywood changes books so much, it probably won't even be anything like the book. I'm still in the process of reading Anam Cara, A Book of Celtic Wisdom. And, after school gets back in session, my classes will be reading Esperanza Rising and To Kill A Mockingbird.

Is it just me, or does it seem that books written now are less challenging and thought provoking than those written 10-20+ years ago?

Just got done reading I Am Legend. If the movie is like the book, I'll pass. But then again, Hollywood changes books so much, it probably won't even be anything like the book. I'm still in the process of reading Anam Cara, A Book of Celtic Wisdom. And, after school gets back in session, my classes will be reading Esperanza Rising and To Kill A Mockingbird.

Is it just me, or does it seem that books written now are less challenging and thought provoking than those written 10-20+ years ago?

nope, you're correct

Yes it seems the farther back you go the more challenging they are to read. The Rosetta Stone was really tough trying to figure out the hieroglyphics and the pages were so thick ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Currently reading:

The Inner Reaches of Outer Space by Joseph Campbell

The Kama Sutra of Venus By Lenore Ambergis (Some WOW poetry and Hot !)

The Secret Teachings of Jesus , Four Gnostic Gospels from the Nag Hammadi Texts

and Living at the Source, Yoga Teachings of Vivekananda, published by Shambala

Yeah, I'm a Philosophy Dork :nerd:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Amulet locked and unpinned this topic