Currently Reading . . .

I am in the middle of reading two books. One is called Life and Death of a Druid Prince the story of Lindow Man. It is the story about the Lindow man, who was discovered preserved in a pete marsh in Ireland, and is great for anyone interested in history. I am also reading The Sword of Shannara by Terry Brooks. It really bothers me, because thus far, all I see is a rip off of The Fellowship of the Ring by J.R.R. Tolkien.

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The book I was reading . . . before being distracted by this dreaded computer and life in general . . . is 'Star Wars: The New Jedi Order: Force Heretic II: Refugee'. I noticed I was about 1/4 of the way through it before I put it down. NOW . . . I have to start it all over again. I forgot what happened. Anyway . . . it happens.

I have other books that I have gotten and have never even turned a page in them. So, I have a lot of reading ahead of me.

Now if I can just get the time . . . lol

'The Case for a Creator' by Lee Stolt (I think)

Gift from my good Christian freinds JohnE and Houselfjoy that was :)

Gotta admit I find it hard reading stuff like that, I'm one those people who stops reading at the first thing he see's as a false premise one the very reasonable basis that any argument based on a false premise is going to become ever increasingly more flawed.

I am glad I persisted tho. Stolt uses the Cambrian explosion to discredit evolution whilst acknowledging that more primitive life had existed for billions years before.

At the stage I am at I have to assume that Stolt is not going to argue the case for any creator who went from void to Adam and Eve and Eden in a mere seven days.

I am in the middle of reading two books. One is called Life and Death of a Druid Prince the story of Lindow Man. It is the story about the Lindow man, who was discovered preserved in a pete marsh in Ireland, and is great for anyone interested in history. I am also reading The Sword of Shannara by Terry Brooks. It really bothers me, because thus far, all I see is a rip off of The Fellowship of the Ring by J.R.R. Tolkien.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

A lot of things resemble Lord of the Rings too much. Sword of Shannara is like that, but the following books are not like the 'Rings. I actually started the series with the Elfstones of Shannara, and I still think it's a better book. Chin up, it get's better.

The book I was reading . . . before being distracted by this dreaded computer and life in general . . . is 'Star Wars: The New Jedi Order: Force Heretic II: Refugee'.  I noticed I was about 1/4 of the way through it before I put it down.  NOW . . . I have to start it all over again.  I forgot what happened.  Anyway . . . it happens. 

I have other books that I have gotten and have never even turned a page in them.  So, I have a lot of reading ahead of me.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Tell me about it. I just picked up Staw Wars: New Jedi Order: Unifying Force after having not read any of the Star Wars books over 18 months. But it's the last one in the series, so...

I am also reading The Sword of Shannara by Terry Brooks. It really bothers me, because thus far, all I see is a rip off of The Fellowship of the Ring by J.R.R. Tolkien.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That was one of the first fantasy novels I ever read. I thought it was great. The sequels sucked, so don't bother with them. He was ripping of Tolkein, but I didn't know it at the time (and quite frankly don't like Tolkein).

Haunted by Chuck Palahniuk. Really funny and weird.

The book I was reading . . . before being distracted by this dreaded computer and life in general . . . is 'Star Wars: The New Jedi Order: Force Heretic II: Refugee'.  I noticed I was about 1/4 of the way through it before I put it down.  NOW . . . I have to start it all over again.  I forgot what happened.  Anyway . . . it happens. 

I have other books that I have gotten and have never even turned a page in them.  So, I have a lot of reading ahead of me.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm taking a break from the New Jedi Order series but starting Force Heretic soon. I hope the secrets of the Yuuzhan Vong are really interesting.

At the end of Destiny's Way they destroyed a large part of the Yuuzhan Vong fleet thanks to Ackbar's plan and Cal Omas said they wouldn't deploy Alpha Red. He's also trying to create a new galactic government with more checks and balances. Luke formed a new Jedi counsel. I think that's everything.

I just finished "Kids Who Kill" and am on "The Serial Killer Files" I recently joined a book club and read some book written about two teenage chinese boys but can't remember the name. I picked up "The Jury" by Steve Martini And "The Devil's Bed" by William Krueger (they were $1. each so I am not expecting much from them) :beach: I will say that I am inpressed by all you readers out there. KUDOS

Haunted by Chuck Palahniuk. Really funny and weird.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm taking a break from the New Jedi Order series but starting Force Heretic soon. I hope the secrets of the Yuuzhan Vong are really interesting.

At the end of Destiny's Way they destroyed a large part of the Yuuzhan Vong fleet thanks to Ackbar's plan and Cal Omas said they wouldn't deploy Alpha Red. He's also trying to create a new galactic government with more checks and balances. Luke formed a new Jedi counsel. I think that's everything.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

(see above post...)

Ha ha ha ha ... I know what happens!

Just read Ocean's Fire by Christine Freehan... not a bad book if you like romance and magic. The romance scenes were a little flat unfortunately.. but the story line had promise. If I found another about the Drake sister's I would pick it up out of curiosity to see if the author picks up more skills. :jest:

Edited by Klarynn

• 2 weeks later...
Read Golden Fool and Fool's Fate last week.

Don't have anything to read right now, which is okay... I have to work on the house a bit.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Just read a book by Robert Vande Weyer called 'The Call to Heresy' Lamp press, London. Talks about the formation of Christian belief. It was not a simple process or one in which everyone agreed upon. It draws from the differences seen by the disciples, Rome empire, pagan influences and the gnostic's. A very revealing book that leaves one realising just how close we really are to other religions.

Sssss! don't tell the fundamentalists. :D

The view that beliefs we hold today always existed is portrayed as in error when looked at from a historic view point.

Lovely read.

I'm reading Handfastings & Wedding rituals by Kaldera & Schwartzsein

I'll be reading this one in the next day or so! I can't wait! I'm currently reading Instinctive Archery Insights, Free Stuff for Busy Moms, re-reading Shogun (again) and Green Witchcraft II(again.) Does anyone have a good historical fiction book they recommend? :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The Bible... Oh, Just teasing you guys :lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The bible. I looked thru 5 threads pages and saw 3 entries for the bible. It has brought up a question in my mind which I will post today. I need to think about it and pray about it.

Pattivan

• Amulet locked and unpinned this topic