Currently Reading . . .

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm reading penthouse...jk

actually i just finished reading a book by phillip k dick called ,and now wait for tomorrow, and now i'm reading choke by the guy who wrote fight club who's name eludes me at the moment

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Playboy has some good articles too :devil:

I am currently rereading Brave New World by Aldous Huxley

• 3 weeks later...
i'm reading penthouse...jk

actually i just finished reading a book by phillip k dick called ,and now wait for tomorrow, and now i'm reading choke by the guy who wrote fight club who's name eludes me at the moment

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Chuck Palahniuk. I recommend all his books except "Invisible Monsters" which was total crap.

I just finished "Ender's Game" by Orson Scott Card. It started a bit slow but got a lot better and liked the twist at the end. I'm not usually into sci-fi but I'll probably read the other books in the series. After I get through the 50 books strewn randomly around my bedroom. So for my next book I'm going to read "The Flanders Panel" by Perez-Reverte.

Currently reading 'Nixon' by Richard M. Nixon. Getting ready to reread the last Harry Potter in anticipation of the next one. The family gathers together every night and I read one chapter aloud, so we got just enough time 'til the next one gets here.

Chuck Palahniuk. I recommend all his books except "Invisible Monsters" which was total crap.

Invisible Monsters is my favorite!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Really??? Didn't you think it was obvious that Brandy was the narrator's brother? I literally saw it 100 pages away. I didn't get the motivation for anything the narrator did. I also thought that telling the story out of chronological order was to divert us from noticing there was no plot--just anti-consumerism one-liners. To each his own I suppose.

Invisible Monsters is my favorite!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Really??? Didn't you think it was obvious that Brandy was the narrator's brother? I literally saw it 100 pages away. I didn't get the motivation for anything the narrator did. I also thought that telling the story out of chronological order was to divert us from noticing there was no plot--just anti-consumerism one-liners. To each his own I suppose.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah but I didn't get that Shannon(the narrator) shot herself. Her motivation and his/hers was to rebel as completely as possible. That was what I liked about it.

"Birds ate my face."

I am currently reading The Beasts of Gor by John Norman.

I am into the Gothic Monsters (Dracula and Werewolves) and

I was told there was a creature in this book that would put a were

wolf to shame. So far the book is very good. It takes place on

a planet that share's Earths orbit but is exactly at the opposite end

of Earth's orbit. Hence Counter Earth.

Be well!!

Craig

• Amulet locked and unpinned this topic