Currently Reading . . .

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just finished "Faithful Transgressions" by Laura Bush (Not that Laura) about pioneering Mormon women. A very informative book.

I'm reading "The Sociopath Next Door" by Martha Stout, Ph.D. It's very interesting. She writes that one in twenty-five Americans has no conscience.

Just want to update you on my reading progress . . . because of work, long hours and 'other things' (life in general), I haven't finished "Star Wars: New Jedi Order: Force Heretic II: Remnant".

It looks like I'll have to start that one again . . . I forgot what happened so far . . .

Anyone ever do that? :D

Have a great day.

Rev. Wayne

Just want to update you on my reading progress . . . because of work, long hours and 'other things' (life in general), I haven't finished "Star Wars: New Jedi Order: Force Heretic II: Remnant".

It looks like I'll have to start that one again . . . I forgot what happened so far . . .

Anyone ever do that? :D

you bet, more then I care to admit to. I have forgotten how many books I have started then couldn't finish had to start all over. :D

I am reading Sylvia Browne's Book of Dreams (I buy all I can on dreams) so far very imformative

I have that book it has helped me interpret my dreams

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have to say this has got to be one of the BEST dream books I have read,Its helped me so much already and I am only a quarter threw it.(helped so much concerning 9-11,I had told my mom for months ahead that I was picking up vibes about the city and couldnt put my finger on it much less do anything about it then all that happened and felt even worse)

Lammkb....your not alone yep I have had to restart books myself.I have the whole collection of Shannara by Terry Brooks (I keep buying them as he puts them out LOL I have to start all over again as this is years of books)

I just started to read Sylvia Browne's Book of Angels.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:thumbu: Let me know what you think please and thank you,I like a review before I buy so if you like I might consider.She has one on animals that I am getting next.

Has anyone read that yet??

The dream one is my first purchase by her,Its taken me awhile o.k. many years to warm up to her.I do believe in her and have for many many years which wasn't my problem its her abrasive and attuide that I have had a hard time with.But as I have watched her more and more I now understand to the why she is like that (she doesn't like to repeat herself)cant blame her there.Watched time and time again John Edwards do the same.

Anyone ever read anything by him?I have a couple of his books,very very enlightening and I do like him and believe in him. :thumbu:

Just Finished (within the past 2 weeks):

Under the Banner of Heaven: A Story of Violent Faith by Jon Krakauer

The Ring of Nibelung by Richard Wagner

The Seducer's Diary by Soren Kierkegaard

I, Claudius by Robert Graves

Currently Reading:

The Importance of Understanding by Lin Yutang

Fear and Trembling by Soren Kierkegaard

On Deck:

Ivanhoe by Sir Walter Scott

• 2 weeks later...

May I recommend a book I read a few months back but that really stayed with me? It's called "Fooled by Randomness" by Nassim Nicholas Taleb and it's about chance.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/158...6119529-5898560

This is what I call a book that changes your life. Taleb explains how chance affects all areas of life and how what we see as organised is often actually random. He writes in an entertaining and erudite style and you absolutely don't need to have any significant ability in math to enjoy it (I don't!)

Even Whispers Can Be Heard, by Gerald Brooker. I received it as part of a poetry exchange through the Poetry Superhighway Everyone agreed to send someone a copy of their book in exchange for getting a copy of someone elses. Its been so long since I sat down and read a complete book of poetry, and nw I remember why I use to read so much of it!

Nothing like curling up with a little book of poetry and a cup of french vanilla coffee :coffee:

Chosen but Free -Norman Geisler

This is an excellent treatment comparing the Christian doctrines of free will and election. I was expecting a pretty biased account, but have been pleasantly surprised.

LOTR trilogy

My daughter is experiencing these for the first time and I'm going along for the ride.

I just read The Da Vinci Code and Deception Point, by Dan Brown

I also read a book called Afterlife and I am now reading Dean Koontz's Frankenstien. What I would really like to read is Angels and Demons by Dan Brown but this little town I live in doesn't have a book store, so if anyone has a copy could you send it to me. PM my mom and she will let you know where to send it. AZcowgirl. That's my mom if you didn't know.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Amulet locked and unpinned this topic