Currently Reading . . .

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just reading Ursula K. LeGuin's Earthsea books. Wonderful. And 1421, about the last Chinese fleet to go around the world.

Last comic book I read was "Maus" - picked it up in the library the other day and couldn't put it down.

Lots more stuff for studies, but these because I want to.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm almost done reading the book I'm reading . . . and, yes, it took me a long time . . . I have a life, you know . . . :D

I saw a post about someone reading a comic book. I have I believe the FIRST EDITION, first issue of the 'The Condor'. Anyone hear of it? I also have the Star Wars Dark Empire I and II but not the whole set. I need to get the First Edition, First Issue of the Dark Empire I (no. 1). I don't have it and when I see it somewhere they want too much for it.

Have a great day.

May the Force be with you.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm reading a version of Plato's Republic.

Also, Modern Magic: Eleven Lessons of the High Magickal Arts by Donald Kraig

Book of Five Rings for Executives (cause I don't have the original yet)

Code of the Samurai by Thomas Cleary

Sword and the Brush by Dave Lowry

I'm reading a version of Plato's Republic.

Also, Modern Magic: Eleven Lessons of the High Magickal Arts by Donald Kraig

Book of Five Rings for Executives (cause I don't have the original yet)

Code of the Samurai by Thomas Cleary

Sword and the Brush by Dave Lowry

Now that's a reader after my own heart... :rolleyes:

I am reading a book called THE MESSENGERS it was published in 1997. It is about a man name Nick Bunick who in a past life was the Apostle Paul. I think it is a very spiritual book. I was looking for a book in the Library and I asked my spirit guide to help me find a book and I looked up and I felt a pull toward it and now I am reading it. If anyone believes in reincarnation and would like to read about the life of Jeshua and Saul (Paul) then read this because Paul saids he has come back to right some wrongs and explain some things that are in the Bible.

am I the only person who only reads one book at a time?  :blink:

Always have at least two books, one for fun, one for knowledge.

Right now it's:

The Tale of Genji by Lady Murasaki (fun)

Chess for Juniors by Robert Snyder (knowledge)

I have a whole lineup for the summer, including at least 4 more chess books (trying to get/improve my game) and probably at least one more novel (Genji is really big).

Ooooh, smilies: :jest:

Edited by FreeGambit

I just finished reading "Star Wars: Force Heretic I: Remnant" and now, it's on to the second one in the trilogy. "Star Wars: Force Heretic II: Refugee".

I love star wars books lol. They are simple entertainment, with a spiritual side if you wanna look at it, or you can simply ignore it and still have a good read. Of course, in the new jedi order series, the spiritual side of things is a lot larger than before, with the Vong lacking completely the force, and the debates between jedi of what actions should be taken.

Yep, Merlin, it is very entertaining to read. Takes me away from the daily 'stuff'. Of course, when you see the spiritual side of the stories, especially these particular ones, you not only see each persons spirituality but you also see pure common sense as well. Which brings up a question (which I have already answered in my own mind; but would like other views): "Does human intervention/interaction LIMIT the Force in anyway?" I know for a fact that if we don't follow our 'gut feelings', things usually wind up not working out like they should. I believe things happen for a reason. But, I also believe that the Force guides us through our lives. What does anyone else think?

Questions? Comments? Click the links, or email/PM me. Thanks.

May the Force be with you.

I've just started reading "Star Wars: The New Jedi Order ~ Force Heretic I: Remnant". So far, it's really good.

I've got the other two in the series that I have to read as well.

What are you reading?

B)

Practical RDF [Resource Definition Framework] and RDF Junctures to XSLT.

:king:

Zigzag

Just finished reading GIFTS OF THE TRAVELER (or something like that) :)

.....I already returned the book to the owner who loaned it to me.

Summary: A rework of the IT's A WONDERFUL LIFE theme....guy is down and out on his luck,

crashes his car, bumps his head....meets up with seven figures (six in the past one in the future) who each give him a message/gift along he way. Most figures were historical ala Harry Truman, Ann Frank, Abraham Lincoln, King Solomon....angel Gabriel.

The book was a bit preachy IMHO and had a decidedly Christian vent. It is a lite read (you can finish it in a an hour or two)...and there are moments where it can even be captivating. But overall it had a few too many flat spots for me to actually recommend it.

The author does have some gift with humor though so if you like a less than heavy read - you might like it.

Von

• Amulet locked and unpinned this topic