Energies And Prayers For Me Mum

Hey Folks,

I know I've been a bit "hit and miss" around here over the past month but once again my mother has been hospitalized with her heart issues. She's been in and out of Memorial North several times this past year and just returned home again a few days ago. At 91 she has repeatedly said she's "ready to go home to the Lord" as her Evangelical faith has been paramount in her life.

Mom took a turn for the worse by having a "small stroke" last weekend and has returned to the hospital. I hate to be a pessimist but something tells me this may be the final round. She has seemingly aged an additional ten years just in the past fews days since I last saw her.

My sister, who suffers from her own myriad of health issues dotes on Mom 24/7 and has been a literal "God send" to Mom for the past 10 years (30 including prior to health issues) and therefore I need to ask for prayers and energy in her direction as well.

Alice, a.k.a. "Mom" and Jean, a.k.a. "Sis" both believe strongly in the power of prayer and both have several testimonies of their own regarding this topic. I'm sure they would both receive the windfall of positive thought, prayer, energy graciously.

And in closing, my darling wife Kay was notified last week that her biological father's wife of 50+ years passed from conditions revolving around Alzheimer's. Ruth and Kay weren't especially close, but she does grieve for her father's loss. A bit of healing of the heart energy for both Kay and Wes would be greatly appreciated as well.

Thank you all tremendously,

Blessings of Peace,

Al

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

UPDATE:

My sister and I decided to move Mom back to her home of 30 years and have signed on with an in-home hospice care. She came home Tuesday (09-22-15) and was thrilled for a few hours prior to slipping back into her state of unrest. Hospice supervisor evaluated her yesterday and said "it probably won't be long" due to her vitals being off the charts in a bad way. She's comfortable, has her regular TV programming uninterrupted without the noise and confusion of the nursing home and a roommate from Hades - (One of those that wouldn't shut up for 10 seconds) - and the care of Sis and hospice nurses.

We are considering taking legal suit against the nursing home for neglect and dereliction of duties as at least a dozen times Mom's blood sugar (Type I diabetic) was below 50 and twice she was in a near diabetic coma. The last week she was there they were only changing her incontinence covers 1 time a day and rudely yelled at my Sis about being "understaffed" and if it was "that damned important, do it yourself". I had words with the night supervisor last week and she simply ignored any direct questions about Mom's care and twice handed me a brochure saying "this will address your concerns and you can contact headquarter for care statistics". STATISTICS? When she laying there in 24 hour old diapers...STATISTICS!?!?? Grrrrr....

Another issue was with the on staff doctors claiming to have done rounds each morning and Sis and I both know they never entered her room at the times stated on her chart...we were there for hours before and after. Basically the charting was only to cover the facility's butt, not for the patient care record and at $8,500/mo it's enough to make even mild mannered Viking go on a pillaging raid!

Sorry didn't mean to turn this into a tirade, but this is just part of the many reasons I've been otherwise occupied lately and not here on a daily basis as I would like to be. Anyway, once again, any continued energies and prayers are muchly appreciated.

Thanks and
Blessings Be,

UPDATE:

My sister and I decided to move Mom back to her home of 30 years and have signed on with an in-home hospice care. She came home Tuesday (09-22-15) and was thrilled for a few hours prior to slipping back into her state of unrest. Hospice supervisor evaluated her yesterday and said "it probably won't be long" due to her vitals being off the charts in a bad way. She's comfortable, has her regular TV programming uninterrupted without the noise and confusion of the nursing home and a roommate from Hades - (One of those that wouldn't shut up for 10 seconds) - and the care of Sis and hospice nurses.

We are considering taking legal suit against the nursing home for neglect and dereliction of duties as at least a dozen times Mom's blood sugar (Type I diabetic) was below 50 and twice she was in a near diabetic coma. The last week she was there they were only changing her incontinence covers 1 time a day and rudely yelled at my Sis about being "understaffed" and if it was "that damned important, do it yourself". I had words with the night supervisor last week and she simply ignored any direct questions about Mom's care and twice handed me a brochure saying "this will address your concerns and you can contact headquarter for care statistics". STATISTICS? When she laying there in 24 hour old diapers...STATISTICS!?!?? Grrrrr....

Another issue was with the on staff doctors claiming to have done rounds each morning and Sis and I both know they never entered her room at the times stated on her chart...we were there for hours before and after. Basically the charting was only to cover the facility's butt, not for the patient care record and at $8,500/mo it's enough to make even mild mannered Viking go on a pillaging raid!

Sorry didn't mean to turn this into a tirade, but this is just part of the many reasons I've been otherwise occupied lately and not here on a daily basis as I would like to be. Anyway, once again, any continued energies and prayers are muchly appreciated.

Thanks and

Blessings Be,

My lady had worked for an in home hospice company for a few years, and had indicated it would and should be considered better than any communal hospice facility for many reasons, some of which you stated.

You may have grounds, though I'm no lawyer, but it may be difficult to prove falsification of records, (charts, log ins, etc.).

At the very least, you have assisted in the comfort and care in your loved one's current state. Truly, she is blessed with such a family.

Thank you for the update.

Well wishes and peace.