Beheaded For Witchcraft And Sorcery

That is because homosexuality is a sin. It is a rebellious act against God. And God will hold those accountable who do it or promote it.

A rebellious act against your god perhaps, but not against any of the deities, daimones, and heroes/heroines I worship. I will continue to be open about my homosexuality without guilt, fear, or shame, and I'm grateful that I live in a time and place where I won't be put to death by government decree for it.

Edited by LeopardBoy
  • Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Obededom, if God is all powerful, he certainly doesn't need us humans breaking his commandments for him, i.e. thou shalt not kill (Murder if you prefer). He can take care of it himself, yes? So why would you support ANYONE breaking a commandment? Aren't you, as a Christian, supposed to stand up against that? I guess if it suits your cause, you can be as hypocritical as you want, eh? Of course, that is my opinion, please don't be offended by it.

Obededom, if God is all powerful, he certainly doesn't need us humans breaking his commandments for him, i.e. thou shalt not kill (Murder if you prefer). He can take care of it himself, yes? So why would you support ANYONE breaking a commandment? Aren't you, as a Christian, supposed to stand up against that? I guess if it suits your cause, you can be as hypocritical as you want, eh? Of course, that is my opinion, please don't be offended by it.

Did I miss something? Is Obededom murdering folks? If the God of Abraham is murdering folks, that is ok because to those of faith, He is God and can do whatever he wants. By the way, the God of Abraham has always used humans to do his dirty work for him. He can't just strike folks dead, He must rouse up someone to do the killing for Him.

It seemed to me that Obededom was supporting the beheadings, especially when Leopardboy posted links about Christians stirring up hate against homosexuality in Africa and Obededom responded by saying "that is because homosexuality is a sin. It is a rebellious act against God. And God will hold those accountable who do it or promote it" That statement could equally be applied to the beheadings, yes? Maybe I wrongfully applied it to such, however. Obededom, if you could clarify for us? Does that statement apply to the witches as well, and their subsequent beheadings? Previously he stated that witches should not be suffered to live, giving the bible verse with that statement included and saying that we no longer live under that law, I took that combined with subsequent statements to mean that witches shouldn't be allowed to live. Did I misread, Obededom? If so, I apologize, and ask for further clarification.

Edited by cuchulain

It seemed to me that Obededom was supporting the beheadings, especially when Leopardboy posted links about Christians stirring up hate against homosexuality in Africa and Obededom responded by saying "that is because homosexuality is a sin. It is a rebellious act against God. And God will hold those accountable who do it or promote it" That statement could equally be applied to the beheadings, yes? Maybe I wrongfully applied it to such, however. Obededom, if you could clarify for us? Does that statement apply to the witches as well, and their subsequent beheadings? Previously he stated that witches should not be suffered to live, giving the bible verse with that statement included and saying that we no longer live under that law, I took that combined with subsequent statements to mean that witches shouldn't be allowed to live. Did I misread, Obededom? If so, I apologize, and ask for further clarification.

I think Obededom was just saying that, to him, homosexuals are sinners and they were merely getting their just desserts. God was once again using wicked people to murder wicked people in His name. God held them accountable and took care of the matter. Now I think that if God was doing these things in Africa to homosexuals, then only the African homosexuals were sinning so bad that God had to step in. God doesn't seem as anxious to murder off a lot of homosexuals in America. Perhaps God has respect for our Constitution and the rights of all people including homosexuals. If that is the case then the Christians need to have that same respect. That includes Obededom. :pope:

I think Obededom was just saying that, to him, homosexuals are sinners and they were merely getting their just desserts. God was once again using wicked people to murder wicked people in His name. God held them accountable and took care of the matter. Now I think that if God was doing these things in Africa to homosexuals, then only the African homosexuals were sinning so bad that God had to step in. God doesn't seem as anxious to murder off a lot of homosexuals in America. Perhaps God has respect for our Constitution and the rights of all people including homosexuals. If that is the case then the Christians need to have that same respect. That includes Obededom. :pope:

That seems unlikely. I think American law enforcement is more effective.

That seems unlikely. I think American law enforcement is more effective.

I can think of multiple interpretations to this statement. Care to elaborate what you mean?

I'm asking not out of disrespect, mind you, but only to be clear of my understanding of it.

I can think of multiple interpretations to this statement. Care to elaborate what you mean?

I'm asking not out of disrespect, mind you, but only to be clear of my understanding of it.

I was responding to the highly sarcastic comment -- that there is less God inspired hate crime in America; because God respects American law; or at least the American Constitution.

No. America has less hate crime because despite everything -- America is a lawful place where the laws against murder are enforced. The police do protect. District Attorneys do prosecute. Religion inspired hate crimes against gay people, Jews, "witches" etc. are not tolerated. It is not thanks to God. It is thanks to American Law.

By contrast, the "witch" murders in Uganda and other parts of Africa happen; not because people are religious -- but because the laws against murder are not enforced. The savages are free to kill in the name of God because nobody stops them. Note. I am not making a distinction between the Christian savages and the Muslim savages which do similar things in the regions under their control.

Edited by Jonathan H. B. Lobl

Jonathan H. B. Lobl, on 21 Jul 2015 said:

I was responding to the highly sarcastic comment -- that there is less God inspired hate crime in America; because God respects American law; or at least the American Constitution.

No. America has less hate crime because despite everything -- America is a lawful place where the laws against murder are enforced. The police do protect. District Attorneys do prosecute. Religion inspired hate crimes against gay people, Jews, "witches" etc. are not tolerated. It is not thanks to God. It is thanks to American Law.

By contrast, the "witch" murders in Uganda and other parts of Africa happen; not because people are religious -- but because the laws against murder are not enforced. The savages are free to kill in the name of God because nobody stops them. Note. I am not making a distinction between the Christian savages and the Muslim savages which do similar things in the regions under their control.

Maybe it's because "God" is an American, at least according to David Bowie :):

www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPVrFIP0CMs

I know I'm a god, and I also happen to be an American. Things that make you go hmmmmmm...

(I obviously mean this in jest. I believe that their a mulitplicity of beings who could be called gods, and not all of them are Americans ;).)

Edited by Umbraedominus

Ah. Thanks. That was one of the interpretations that made sense to me.

I find this explanation wholly agreeable and likely.

Although, fundamentalist will state the only reason American law is so effective is because God allows it to be. (The wheel goes round and round, I suppose.)

Edited by Keystrikr

Jonathan H. B. Lobl, on 21 Jul 2015 said:

Maybe it's because "God" is an American, at least according to David Bowie :):

www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPVrFIP0CMs

I know I'm a god, and I also happen to be an American. Things that make you go hmmmmmm...

(I obviously mean this in jest. I believe that their a mulitplicity of beings who could be called gods, and not all of them are Americans ;).)

If we are to assign special real estate to God; it would be by affiliation. For Jews, it would be Israel. For Muslims, it would be Mecca. For Catholics, it would be the Vatican. For Mormons, Salt Lake City.

Of course, you understand "god" in a different way. Rather than misinterpret your position, I will stop here.

Ah. Thanks. That was one of the interpretations that made sense to me.

I find this explanation wholly agreeable and likely.

Although, fundamentalist will state the only reason American law is so effective is because God allows it to be. (The wheel goes round and round, I suppose.)

Their issue. Not mine. I am an Agnostic minister.

Nevertheless... witchcraft is sin according to the Bible. Punishment in the here and now is determined by each culture's system of judgment; which can be wide-ranging. There is also a judgment after we physically die. Unless repentance and faith in Jesus Christ are realized then the consequences for witchcraft, for any sin for that matter, will be eternal [because Judgment is set against those who do not call on the Name of Jesus].

Nevertheless... witchcraft is sin according to the Bible. Punishment in the here and now is determined by each culture's system of judgment; which can be wide-ranging. There is also a judgment after we physically die. Unless repentance and faith in Jesus Christ are realized then the consequences for witchcraft, for any sin for that matter, will be eternal [because Judgment is set against those who do not call on the Name of Jesus].

Questions: Are we to judge others for witchcraft then? "Judge not lest ye be judged."

Could not a faithful servant of God performing miracles be seen as practicing witchcraft by others, or non-believers? (Who could say the name of Jesus was not called in the mind of the one who prays?)

Questions: Are we to judge others for witchcraft then? "Judge not lest ye be judged."

Could not a faithful servant of God performing miracles be seen as practicing witchcraft by others, or non-believers? (Who could say the name of Jesus was not called in the mind of the one who prays?)

Yes, we are to "judge" people who practice witchcraft by telling them it is wrong; it is sin. What we cannot do however is judge their hearts. That is between them and God. I have had to point out this distinction many, many times because people take the "Judge not lest ye be judged" passage way out of context.

Second question: No, because when someone obeys God and does what He tells them it is within God's bounds. Witchcraft is a perversion of those bounds, a perversion of His right way. Spiritual contact, as long as it is done how God prescribes in the Bible, is perfectly fine.

Example: Using the Name of Jesus to cast a devil out of somebody.

The flipside: Trying to contact a dead relative through a seance or some sort of thing like that. God says don't do that: Especially if you are not born again through faith in Jesus Christ. You open yourself up to severe demonic oppresion and possession. Not obeying God gives the Devil and his demonic cohorts the legal right to do certain things to you. You see, God is just as just with the Devil as He is with you.

Those who practice witchcraft and other related "groups" are on VERY dangerous ground. I have been there... at the point of death. I know what I am talking about. If I had died in that situation I would have gone to hell. I thank God that He had allowed grace to come my way and keep me from being killed. I eventually repented and gave my life to Jesus Christ. But I could have just as easily rejected the pull of the Holy Spirit and continued on the same dark path. The two that tried to kill me are in prison for the rest of their lives. And they were both my close friends.

Edited by ObedEdom
  • Amulet locked this topic