Beheaded For Witchcraft And Sorcery

The same is equally true of each individuals life. Some get ostracized over leaving a hometown, some over opting out of a family business, some for picking the "wrong" side in a war or a political contest. Families often do not tolerate independent decision making well. I think the religion is more a symptom than a cause. The Klan is racist because it's members are racist- not the other way around. Make sense?

Amen. Try being a Dove in a family of Hawks when one of the family is off fighting the war. Try being a liberal in a conservative town or vice versa. Minorities in belief as well as ethnicity will get you clobbered.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Or is said to be a "witch." Not quite the same thing. In Africa, this probably means an "Anamist." Or it could be a Christian with an enemy. Being accused of "witchcraft" doesn't seem that difficult.

You had a lesson in "Christian Love." I'm glad you survived it.

I see that more as "Christian Abuse". I assume you were being sarcastic, though.

Honestly, I think if Jesus would have seen all the horrendous events transpired by those claiming to do them in His name, I believe He would be aghast and angered. I don't think He ever intended such to happen. (Some of you would question His existence anyway, but really, if He did, this would be my impression of what He'd think of folks today. But, I could be wrong, of course.)

After all, He preached to be a good neighbor and brother; to love all including your enemies, did He not?

I see that more as "Christian Abuse". I assume you were being sarcastic, though.

Honestly, I think if Jesus would have seen all the horrendous events transpired by those claiming to do them in His name, I believe He would be aghast and angered. I don't think He ever intended such to happen. (Some of you would question His existence anyway, but really, if He did, this would be my impression of what He'd think of folks today. But, I could be wrong, of course.)

After all, He preached to be a good neighbor and brother; to love all including your enemies, did He not?

My maternal grandfather was a Jew from Russia. For him, the worst insult possible was -- "You have a Christian heart."

I go by what people do. Not what they preach. When the preaching and the doing are not the same; I take notice. Like my grandfather.

Edited by Jonathan H. B. Lobl

Mainly To seek the harm of another without just cause. There is also not following the golden rule.

God not need to part of the equation. I think most of the 10 commandments are taken up in those two sentences. The only difference is the bits where it says God will get upset if not adored.

Edited by Pete

My maternal grandfather was a Jew from Russia. For him, the worst insult possible was -- "You have a Christian heart."

I go by what people do. Not what they preach. When the preaching and the doing are not the same; I take notice. Like my grandfather.

Understandable, and agreeable. Though, it would seem Jesus did do as He preached. But I know of very few others.

Actions do speak louder than words or intentions, and are thus easier to judge one by.

Hitler was insane. Does a mental disease make one's actions evil?

Not so easy to judge one as insane when all appearances seem to present competencies. So short of being a licensed psychologist, can one truly gauge who may be insane or not? Criteria? Actions alone may not justify an insanity plea. Just saying.

I work in mental health. I do not believe he would be admitted. Being really bad is not an illness on its own.

I concur Pete. I am a psychiatric intake counselor for the county mental hospital. I have been working the graveyard shift there for over 15 years; 2 years as a mental health tech while in college, and over 13 years as an intake counselor after i graduated. (I am the one who does a psych. eval on the patient, determines if the person meets admission criteria, assigns a provisional diagnosis, and then gives report to the psychiatrist so he can dictate admission orders to the nurse.) I have seen many people that are both really bad and completely sane :(.

Edited by Umbraedominus

I wish I could find the chapter I read some years ago (in a book actually, not "Online") about the diagnosis of Hitler. He suffered from narsistic behavior and was viewed as having massive dillusions of grandeur, but was not technically "insane". There is no doubt that today he would have been diagnosed completely different, but we've learned a lot since 1936. I think I have to side with Pete and Umbrae on this one...not that it really matters...but if Adolf could be labled as a raving lunatic, then I know several folks in my neighborhood who fit the same bill.

Blessings of Peace,

I did not take it as sarcasm. Many do get accused of witchcraft and being pocessed by evil spirits who have nothing to do with it. Many also preach peace and love but do not show it.

I was once accused by a Christian of trying to kill his family by performing witchcraft. This was back in 1987. I have never practiced witchcraft nor anything that looks like it. The judge dismissed the case. The accuser was saying strange things. Ignorance is terrible.

Hermano Luis

Evil exists only in a religious context. Each religion defines evil as what it means to them.

Then by your "reasoning" Hitler was justified because he did not consider it evil to murder Jews. He even made it legal. Therefore if my religion is as Hitler's was I would be within my religious rights to murder any Jewish people on this forum... and you would have to accept that it was not evil for me to do so. Do you see a point I am trying to make? Without an unchanging Moral Standard [from God] man will always do what is right in his own eyes. And that will be different throughout the world.... millions of different definitions of what is evil and what is good. God takes all the worry out of doing that by doing it for us... laying a sure foundation for what is good and what is evil.

Edited by ObedEdom

I was once accused by a Christian of trying to kill his family by performing witchcraft. This was back in 1987. I have never practiced witchcraft nor anything that looks like it. The judge dismissed the case. The accuser was saying strange things. Ignorance is terrible.

Hermano Luis

Spiritual aspects of witchcraft can only be dealt with by exercising the Word of God in Authority over it. Physically trying to fight witchcraft if fruitless [as your accuser so ignorantly and probably stupidly did]. Someone practicing witchcraftery can easily overpower someone who does not have the spirit of God living inside them. I have seen with my own eyes the crossover of the spiritual and physical that produces unheard of strength. The Bible even has a story about a guy who was living in the tombs and no man could bind him. He would break the chains [fetters] because he was possessed by a legion of demons. But he also cut himself... as did one of my buddies when he was into satanism.

Temporary power does not equal victory in the end. Everybody has to die and stand in front of the Judgment Seat of Christ.

• Amulet locked this topic