Rights Of Ministers Of Ulc

PasteurBovy

Dear Brothers and Sisters,

Through this message, I propose to summarize the rights of ordained ministers

the Universal Life Church:

I hope to have answers. :biggrinthumb:

INSTALLATION OF A MINISTER OF ULC:

1) The pastor of the universal life church, he has the right in its country or state, to build its own place of worship as pastor of professionally ulcers (installation of a physical church to do there Offices and celebrations) or only online?

2) If so, can he wear the priest / pastor cassock Roman collar?

3) If the pastor at his place of worship, can you make it a website for his church, referring to its membership in the Universal Life Curch?

4) The Pastor is ordered and just independent, or is it official pastor of the ULC? In other words, he has the right to use the name of the Universal Life Church to stand as pastor?

5) In my country in Belgium, the marriage is official by the town hall, the pastor of the ULC can therefore perform a religious celebration lawfully by issuing a simple certificate and then send the bride and groom to the authorities to make their union official ?

6) The pastor may also after his ordination, perform an exorcism see baptism as pastor of the ULC?

7) Can you make it recognize the place of worship of the ULC by the authorities of his country?

If you could answer these questions, it would help me a lot for my installation as pastor in Belgium.

Thank you to you.

Pastor Bovy

You have a lot of questions there friend and I have no knowledge of Belgium law. However, I hope this helps.

Basically the ULC ordains you for your ministry. What your ministry is depends on your values and beliefs. You are responsible for your ministry. The ULC does not tell you what that is or how to perform it other than to ask you to do what is right.

You can wear what you like unless local national laws says you cannot. The ULC does not determine what that is. You can buy clothing from the ULC forum store but you do not have to be restricted to these only.

Each nation has its own laws about how a Marriage, Exorcism or Baptism is conducted and I personally cannot say what that is in Belgium.

The ULC does not prescribe what your ministry is and does not hold authority over it. It is not like authoritarian churches that hold you to a set of beliefs, creeds or practices and subjects you to be subservient to a hierarchy. I guess the question is what do you want your ministry to be like. After all it is yours.

Again welcome to the forums and the ULC. Pete has already answered some of you questions I will try to help out and elaborate where I can.

1) The pastor of the universal life church, he has the right in its country or state, to build its own place of worship as pastor of professionally ulcers (installation of a physical church to do there Offices and celebrations) or only online?
Depending on your State's (Country's) laws you can do either, have a physical church or an online ministry, or both. we have ministers around the world that do both those options, while others only do one.
2) If so, can he wear the priest / pastor cassock Roman collar?
As Pete said you can wear what every you (or your religion dictates) want to, as long as you follow your country's laws. Some of our ministers go for a nice Polo style shirt while others go for the cassock, others wear the clergy shirts 9either with the tabbed collar or the full "ring" collar), while others were a robe such as a pulpit robe or a druids robe (if they are a Druidic priest), etc...
3) If the pastor at his place of worship, can you make it a website for his church, referring to its membership in the Universal Life Curch?
Yes, just make sure that if you do refer to the Universal Life Church you are directing visitors on your website to either here (ulc.net) or to the ULCHQ.com website, as these are the only two official and authorized ULC websites. Also be aware there is two ULC groups, one a splinter group that was at one time affiliated with the ULCHQ until they were hostilely taken over and another that has no ties at all and has harassed ULC minister in the past.
4) The Pastor is ordered and just independent, or is it official pastor of the ULC? In other words, he has the right to use the name of the Universal Life Church to stand as pastor?
As a ULC Ordained Minister you are independent yet at the same time an official ULC minister. You can operate your ministry as you see fit, and use the Universal Life Church name, as long as you are acting withing the law and with integrity. You can also once you form a board of directors to run the church (you need at least three people, the Pastor {you}, a secretary and a treasurer), send in Congregation Agreement to the ULCHQ, along with a $35USD filing fee, and apply for affiliation. Doing so you will be on file with the ULCHQ as an affiliated congregation as long as you continue to operate withing the law and send in your monthly reports along with $5USD per month filing fee (the reports can be sent in quarterly also, if going this route the filing fee is $15USD per quarter).
5) In my country in Belgium, the marriage is official by the town hall, the pastor of the ULC can therefore perform a religious celebration lawfully by issuing a simple certificate and then send the bride and groom to the authorities to make their union official ?
Typically I would say the the Bride and Groom should first have the civil ceremony performed by the official, probably earlier in the day, then you wold perform a religious ceremony. Doing it this way will help keep everything legal, you can't be accused of marrying a couple illegally, as all you will be doing is confirming their marriage that has already been done by the government official, in the name of God. I know this is what some of our Brothers and Sisters outside of the US do because of their nations laws are similar to your's on marriages.
6) The pastor may also after his ordination, perform an exorcism see baptism as pastor of the ULC?
As a ULC minister you are entitled to perform any and all duties of a Minister from weddings to funerals to baptisms, etc... as long as you do so within the laws of where you live (Town, district/region, province, national).
7) Can you make it recognize the place of worship of the ULC by the authorities of his country?
This all depends on your nations laws. Since I am from the US and not familiar with Belgian laws I cannot say how you would do this. Best advice is talk to a lawyer, they should hopefully be able to help you and give you the proper information to operate within the law.