Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Geordon

Mike Huckabee: ‘God’S Blessing’ ... To Stop The Atheist ‘Secular Theoc

7 posts in this topic

I make no bones about my vehement objection to religion being brought into play when it comes to politics. But Huckabee said that God is inherent in American politics. Read here. There are a number of logical traps that he makes, in my mind, not the least of which is that atheists are attacking Christianity and trying to drive it out of the public square.

I make no bones about my vehement objection to religion being brought into play when it comes to politics. But Huckabee said that God is inherent in American politics. Read here. There are a number of logical traps that he makes, in my mind, not the least of which is that atheists are attacking Christianity and trying to drive it out of the public square.

What is a "secular theocracy?" This is the kind of crap that turns Atheists into Anti-Theists. He is creating his own push back.

No comments on Ted Cruz? The First Republican Presidential candidate to declare?

What is a "secular theocracy?" This is the kind of crap that turns Atheists into Anti-Theists. He is creating his own push back.

I need to ask that, too. I can't help but think his statements were made that way because he was on a christian oriented based program to drum up support for his candidacy.

What he and a few other politicians seem to lose focus on is the clause built into our constitution meant to separate church and state. I think this was done to prevent theocratic power like the RCC once had over much of Europe's monarchies. Or that of a monarch like we had previous to our independence.

Not being a political or government scholar, I'm only guessing. But that's my impression upon reading.

Isn't he also saying, without actually saying, that he'd force his beliefs upon others rights and beliefs?

Sorry, but he never had my vote.

Edited by Keystrikr

[

Edited by Rev. Dreed

sorry about the above post the pict did not work.

we were in Hope Ark. for the announcement. Needles to say I am a fan.

10563103_10203901896299902_4693558677205

wouldn't it be wonderful if the campaign season was simply whoever was running telling people what they actually stood for, and allowed people to make informed decisions? for some reason, it has become a free for all, where the candidates so often just make up whatever the voter wants to hear and run with it, right up until they are elected. I still say, good campaign reform should have very little to do with financing, but rather they should make each candidate prove what they are saying, kind of along the same standards of proof required for a court of law. That would do wonders to slow the commercials down, wouldn't it?