Does God Forgive Everyone Who Asks For It?

Assassin

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then there is the debate whether God is actually bothered by what we microbes on a speck of dust in a vast universe of possibly many. We only have human opinion that it is so.

I think that first one must believe there is a God and then one must believe that God is actively involved in human affairs and then go on to believe that God would require forgiveness. God and forgiveness mostly exists with perceptions of the God of Abraham and has little bearing on other religions.

Wouldn't that be an atheist's claim? After all, what use is a soul if there is no God?

I think you do not understand Atheist's. The only thing that connects them is a none acceptance of the idea of a God or Gods. Some believe in a soul and some in an after life and some do not.

However, that said I think you will find the idea of proving you have a soul as difficult as you proving there is a God. You may have a belief but that is not the same thing as having varifiable proof. Therefore to some they see it as nonsense. Each to their own.

isn't calling someone's belief delusional baiting at best, and deliberately insulting at worst?

I find it so. Of course, when it's non-belief that is being called delusional -- the insult shows itself for what it is.

Thank you for understanding.

Edited by Jonathan H. B. Lobl

Feeling insulted and someone insulting you are two separate things. Only the later is an action against you. Whereas reacting to the former can be a means of passive aggression, which is an act comparable to the later. So in essence, when one claims to being insulted one can justify attacking another, even if they where never attacked.

Blame throwers create the mud that progress spins its wheels in.

Edited by panpareil

Your comparison of God with Santa was equally insulting.

(It's been my experience to observe the odd coincidence that, all too often, those that deny His existence, tend to think they have no faults.)

That is what you said. I felt insulted and responded. Shall we end it?

Edited by Jonathan H. B. Lobl

If a loving human father can forgive his children for their misdeeds simply out of compassion and love with no recompense required, how much more compassionate and loving is your God?

Tyrants, bankers and judges demand recompense, and never is the righteous and just payment that of an innocent human sacrifice.

So one must ask them self, does the deity they worship resemble more the fearful tyrants of the world or is their deity the ultimate example of a loving sophisticated father.

Your comparison of God with Santa was equally insulting.

Firstly you believe in a God. Whilst some would agree with you others do not. For some the connection with God and Santa is similar as neither can be proved and many see both as a myth. Now I know you do not but equally others have a right to beleive how they feel too. Its not meant to be insulting - it is just a fact of life that whatever you beleive someone somewhere will disagree and see things differently. You see the need for reverence to a God. Others do not see or percieve there is a God and will have differing views about those who do beleive in a God. Lets face it believers feel no concern over calling none believers sinners and unsaved dispite their beliefs about the issue.

Forgiveness can't forgive it can only receive. A time that believes is a time that thinks, like that. Given the mutual discernment relative for a reason to forgive is to wrestle with the discernment to see myself, one way or another, right or wrong. You see, it's all relative. My mind is my own to forgive and it needs for no reason to believe that it belongs to another is the relative discernment of reason. Many are the work to become spiritually debt free, but it is really no more than an illusion to see debt rather than free.

Your only obligation to God is to forgive yourself is to learn correctly that forgiveness is first a teacher and you are the student. In that context forgiveness owes no man for what it doesn't know for itself. This is your brother that you must know, for when you stand praying to know that God knows you. Everything else is down hill.

Gypsy.

• Amulet locked this topic