Does God Forgive Everyone Who Asks For It?

Assassin

In my opinion, "letting go" and "forgiveness" have over-lap; but they are not the same.

I agree. It is similar but more complex as Cuchulain points out.. There are things I have let go but know that they could crop up again and make it all come back. An example of this is in the one I gave. The lady concerned may have forced me to let it go but in the fact that I do not believe she has changed and could likely do this again (flooding and attempted arson) I have not fully forgiven.

Edited by Pete

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I put my hand in a burlap bag filled with rattlesnakes and was bitten, I can forgive the snake because that was the snakes nature. That does not mean I will put my hand in the bag again. I will not forget what happened the first time I put my hand in.

What if a woman bit you for no reason? Not because it was her nature, but just because she was mad. She's not sorry about it either, in fact, given the opportunity, she'd bite you again. Would you forgive her?

I'm guessing most of our members are into that type of thing, so no forgiveness would be necessary.. :)

My God requires repentance, there's no forgiveness without it.

What if a woman bit you for no reason? Not because it was her nature, but just because she was mad. She's not sorry about it either, in fact, given the opportunity, she'd bite you again. Would you forgive her?

I'm guessing most of our members are into that type of thing, so no forgiveness would be necessary.. :)

My God requires repentance, there's no forgiveness without it.

I could easily forgive the woman, knowing that it is "our nature" to do the things we do including getting mad for whatever reasons. That said, I'm going to limit my proximity to the woman and possibly invite the law to take a hand in it.

I could easily forgive the woman, knowing that it is "our nature" to do the things we do including getting mad for whatever reasons. That said, I'm going to limit my proximity to the woman and possibly invite the law to take a hand in it.

Masochism is running rampid, but I'd at least expect an apology prior to forgiving her... Unless she was a real looker, then I'd probably let it go :)

I'm a firm believer in the Law of Karma, and Karma requires a reckoning.... Like for like, kind for kind... and only the Law of Forgiveness can forestall the Law of Karma. I believe that a plea for forgiveness from an individual injured by an action is requisite for the soul's continued progress on it's path to reunion with God. Whether an individual needs forgiving from God or not is between that individual and God...

I also believe that it's an awareness of God that makes Man aware of his own faults. (It's been my experience to observe the odd coincidence that, all too often, those that deny His existence, tend to think they have no faults.)

Edited by Songster

.I also believe that it's an awareness of God that makes Man aware of his own faults. (It's been my experience to observe the odd coincidence that, all too often, those that deny His existence, tend to think they have no faults.)

Ever tried to count all those who have been killed in the name of God by those who felt it was righteous to do so?

I'm a firm believer in the Law of Karma, and Karma requires a reckoning.... Like for like, kind for kind... and only the Law of Forgiveness can forestall the Law of Karma. I believe that a plea for forgiveness from an individual injured by an action is requisite for the soul's continued progress on it's path to reunion with God. Whether an individual needs forgiving from God or not is between that individual and God...

I also believe that it's an awareness of God that makes Man aware of his own faults. (It's been my experience to observe the odd coincidence that, all too often, those that deny His existence, tend to think they have no faults.)

That is not my experience or my observation. The godless are well aware of their short comings. They simply don't go to God -- or Santa -- or the Easter Bunny -- for forgiveness.

I don't hold God liable for the acts of Man.

As for the body count... Have you counted how many people have been killed for non-religious reasons? For greed? For lust?

This is like saying that the deaths caused by war are fewer than the deaths caused by disease. It's nothing but a distraction and a change of subject.

That is not my experience or my observation. The godless are well aware of their short comings. They simply don't go to God -- or Santa -- or the Easter Bunny -- for forgiveness.

I did say "MY" experience, right? As for your assertion that God is an illusion.... I'll leave you to your delusion.

• Amulet locked this topic