I am new to the forum and am having trouble finding where to post this question.

Please forgive me if I am out of place. You are welcome to direct me to the proper location.

I have a wedding planned at the Dreams Punta Cana Resort & Spa in March of 2015 in the Domican Republic.

This will be my third wedding, but my 1st out of Ohio.

I am having trouble finding the rules and regulations for performing a wedding.

It seems quite complex and the information I am finding the internet is confusing and inconsistent.

Most everything I find is how to 'get married' and not 'how to perform a wedding'.

I am hoping someone has experience performing a wedding in Punta Cana and can give me the details.

Or someone can translate in more simple terms than what I find on the DR websites.

We have already decided it might be that my wedding is strickly a ceremony and any legal wedding will be handled with the DR goverment.

But, it would be nice to officially rule out a true legal binding wedding based on facts rather than just rumor.

Any help would be truly appreciated.

Sean

Everything I was able to find pertained to the couple getting married. Such as they have to have all required documents translated into Spanish by a Consulate of the Dominican Republic, and need to contact the American Consulate in Santo Domingo for permission to marry, and the couple needs to have a notice of the intended wedding to be published. If the couple is set on getting married down there they can do a civil ceremony where a government official marries them and then have you perform a Religious Ceremony afterwards.

• Amulet locked this topic