Alban Elved

The autumnal equinox will be here in a little over a week. Many Pagans call it Mabon, some say Harvest Home. As a Druid, I celebrate it as Alban Elved (or Elfed), the Light of the Water. Autumn is my favorite time of year, leading up to Halloween / Nos Galan Gaeaf (Welsh for Winter's Eve). In any case I wanted to wish everyone and their loved ones a Happy Equinox!

May your holiday be a blessed one. I think the equinox this year falls between a sacred day to the Nymphai and the end of the Attic month of Boedromion in the festival calendar I observe. Autumn and into early winter is also my favorite time of year. I enjoy pouring libations to the Nymphai that reside in the trees at a local park when the leaves are changing color and just beginning to fall.

Ive Always enjoyed the Equinox's as they are some of the most powerful times of the year, a great Solar/Astronomical and Axis time, Even more so with Equinox the balance With The Great Goddess and Horned God in even keel at this time of the year, till the shift of power the tipping of the scale to the God and his reign for the rest of the year till Beltane and the return of the Goddess.

• Amulet locked this topic