After over a year of research into this subject, I recently decided to attend a meeting of the Omaha Society of Friends. My interest in Quakers began over a decade ago, after I sat down and watched John Wayne's 'Angel & The Bad Man'. It blossumed from there, because their philosophies and my own had much in common. The differences in belief that we might have are always going to be there, but won't ever become an issue. This is partly because of the tolerance I've gained and the lessons I've learned after being a member of the ULC.

It wasn't just that I needed a faith to call my own (which I've had, focused mainly on offering Hope). I've also needed a real place to go, where I can pray or worship amongst real people. As of Sunday: Sept. 7th, 2014, I think I've found it.

Wish me luck.

:aikido:

May you find the peace you are looking for and the strength found in a strong belief. During my travels I've had the opportunity, and privilege, to stay at a Quaker home for 3 days and understand what you mean about their philosophies and general good hearted nature. Hard working, God fearing folks that I genuinely respect after seeing their actions of kindness and devotion to their beliefs....without making it a Crusade or Inquisition affair.

Many Blessings of Peace to you while on your Journey of Discovery,

Al

wish you the best.

you don't need luck scott edward, you're among friends ;) welcome! I always enjoy meeting for worship

Like the ULC, the Quakers are very open to a wide variety of beliefs. They are also generally a very supportive community. I hope it works out for you.

May you find the peace you are looking for and the strength found in a strong belief. During my travels I've had the opportunity, and privilege, to stay at a Quaker home for 3 days and understand what you mean about their philosophies and general good hearted nature. Hard working, God fearing folks that I genuinely respect after seeing their actions of kindness and devotion to their beliefs....without making it a Crusade or Inquisition affair.

Many Blessings of Peace to you while on your Journey of Discovery,

A

Sounds like a wonderful journey, scott_edward.

Best of luck and friendship...

Godspeed!

What you see above me is proof that the ULC truly is a warm place filled with the best of intentions.

It is to all of you that I fondly tip my hat.

I hope you are going to spread your message for the hopeful with your meeting!

(you've inspired me to continue to look for a meeting in my area. there is one around the corner from me (!) but there are two types of meeting, secular humanist and/or Christo-centric. since I am a secular humanist, it's not a good fit. but the people are just lovely! )

• Amulet locked this topic