I was recently accosted while waiting outside by the car for my wife. I'm sure that I'm a sight to see. I can't walk very well because multiple sclerosis messes with my balance, so I take a pair of Canadian walking crutches when I'm outside. At a glance, you can tell that I'm not in perfect health. What amazed me was that even from across a decent distance, this person noticed my condition, and thought to ask if I needed help. The distance was great enough, that after he called out it took me a while to see where it was coming from.
I must have been a sight, and not specifically to him. Where I was standing, there were apartment buildings on either side. Each of them were facing me, and none of them were facing the samaritan from where he was standing. The neighbors would have heard me, but they wouldn't have heard him. [laughs] No doubt they might have thought I was hearing voices and needed to adjust my dosage.
Anyway, I told him after he finally reached me that I was fine. I explained that I’ve had this disability for years, and I had long since gotten used to it. We then parted company. Later, after my lovely wife was driving us to Walmart, I noticed the same guy standing at another corner holding up a sign I couldn’t read.
It hadn’t occurred to me that the gentleman might have been homeless; I think it’s because he never asked for anything. All he wanted to know was that I didn’t need any help, and then he left. I’m not an expert on the human-condition, and I cannot read minds, but it’s my belief that he discovered what I’ve already been saying.
Hope is contagious. By giving Hope to others, you’ve increased your own.

I wish I had shaken his hand.

"By giving Hope to others, you've increased your own."

We Wiccans call it the "Three-Fold Law."

Wiccan Rede, Line 23:

"Mind the Three-Fold Law Ye Should,

Three Times Bad and Three Times Good."

Others call it Karma, "Do good and good will follow," etc.

Just pay it forward, man. Don't let the chain of love end with you, as the song goes.

"By giving Hope to others, you've increased your own."

We Wiccans call it the "Three-Fold Law."

Wiccan Rede, Line 23:

"Mind the Three-Fold Law Ye Should,

Three Times Bad and Three Times Good."

Others call it Karma, "Do good and good will follow," etc.

Just pay it forward, man. Don't let the chain of love end with you, as the song goes.

There are multiple examples of the same, and all from different theologies.

It is this seemingly universal constant that strengthens my faith, giving me cause to believe in the path I see before me.

• Amulet locked this topic