Pastafarian

Assassin

Are you quoting the TOS of this web site/forum? It is the web site's TOS that determines the freedom of those who visit and use the web site/forum.

I do see notation at the top of every webpage on this site acknowledging its connection if not its being a representative of the source of the quotations I provided. That said, they are free to deviate from that source in anyway they see fit, as is everyone here. That is what freedom means. I see the TOC as a framework to facilitate and preserve the freedom of discourse here, not as means of limiting or controlling it. If I felt the intention was otherwise I would probably no longer frequent this site.

The point of freedom is not what you get but what you give.

If I have no impulse to post in a manner that would illicit banishment, then I am totally free to post as I wish.

What you are saying is that freedom is dependent on uncivil behavior. It is not.

Besides you are free to post anything here. However posting certain things will get you banned. Still total freedom.

Consequences for actions do not impinge on freedom. Neither does the inability to act.

Again, the value of freedom is not what you get but what you give to others.

• 3 weeks later...

Reverend V , and I were debating with a co worker last night about this joke of a so called religion Pastafarian and when I went home last night I decided to do research and maybe get a half way decent laugh out of this joke. Only to find that some countries are actually making this a recognized religion. To me this isn't right at all. I respect almost every religion and will not bash anyone's beliefs but come on man a Flying Spaghetti Monster that's childish. So please anyone have any views on the subject.

Â

Would this 'religion" happen to have started in Italy? :doh:

• 3 weeks later...

Perhaps it is a religion simply because there are people who believe as they wish freely, with a common focus with which to put it on. Maybe started as a prank, then as people liked the idea of not taking a believe seriously, they made a ritual or church of that idea. Common ideas, however absurd, are how religions are established. Remember, at one time Christianity was perceived as a cult, too.

• Amulet locked this topic