I have noticed that when friends and sometimes co-workers find out that I am an ordained minister they ask me if I have a spare Bible that they could have. I have ended up giving away a couple of the Bibles i have bought when asked if I had a spare one, even though at the time the bible may not have actually been a spare one. Has anyone else ran into this?

Also if you are in the US and have a Dollar Tree by you, check them out the one by me has Bibles available with either a black or a white leatherette cover (faux leather), and you can either get a pocket sized Bible with only the New Testament or a larger one with both the Old Testament and New Testament, along with a paperback cover version with the cover in a variety of different colors. I have ended up purchasing a bunch of them (the black and the white leatherette covered ones) to give out if asked. They do have, like a number of Bibles I have had, a presentation page at the front of the Bible so you can put the persons name, who its from (you) and the date you gave it to them.

Heres what the ones I bought look like;

187804.jpg187806.jpg

You can order these online from Dollar Tree, they are $1 each with a minimum of 4 units (4 Bibles) for the order, or you can order them by the case (24 units/Bibles), if you order online the case looks to come with both color covers according to the product description.

If you go to the Dollar Tree website and search for item # 187804 or # 187806 you will find the Bibles pictured above.

Thanks for the information. I have never seen these at my local store. I have found some paperback bibles at a local discount store but I didn't care for the way they looked. I usually will pick up bibles from various thrift stores if they are in good condition and offer them to friends that ask.

Tracy- your welcome. I figured I would share this find after seeing it at my local Dollar Tree and buying a bunch. I probably, in the last 2 years alone, have spent about $100-$125 on Bibles from Wal-Mart, K-Mart, etc... just to end up giving them away. The Bible I have now is from Family Christian that costs $24.99 normally (when I bought it they were running a promotion, $5 for the bible with any purchase over $10 iirc), and it is one I don't plan on giving away, I got it because of the black leather cover with the Celtic Cross on the cover. The Dollar Tree Bibles are inexpensive enough to buy in bulk and hand out without a second thought. Though I will still get more expensive Bibles to hand out to certain people (such as just ordering one of the Precious Moments Children's Bibles for my nephew, and giving my brother a Bible from Wal-Mart that I bought for about $20, and I have another Bible that was $20 ordered to give to a close friend).

One thing for the Dollar Tree Bibles, if you fill out the Presentation page, try to avoid a pen that bleeds like a fountain/calligraphy pen/felt pen/etc... it will bleed through the page, found this out the hard way with one of the Bibles. Other then that they are decent enough Bibles, granted they don't compare in quality to a Bible that would cost $25 or more.

• Amulet locked this topic