Biggest Weakness

Dan56

Just curious as to what people consider to be their biggest weakness? Mine happens to be patience,
This revelation came to me when I got behind a car occupied by 8 people at a McDonald's drive through last Saturday.
It took them forever to place their order and then each person paid separately at the window. I sat behind them for 22
minutes and nearly lost my mind. This brought on another weakness; My hot temper!

When I was young I had a lot of patience, but struggle with it now. I also have a bad habit of putting my hope in the wrong
things and people. I guess that makes me an impatient optimist? In any event, I plan to avoid McDonald's for awhile.

Just curious as to what people consider to be their biggest weakness? Mine happens to be patience,

This revelation came to me when I got behind a car occupied by 8 people at a McDonald's drive through last Saturday.

It took them forever to place their order and then each person paid separately at the window. I sat behind them for 22

minutes and nearly lost my mind. This brought on another weakness; My hot temper!

When I was young I had a lot of patience, but struggle with it now. I also have a bad habit of putting my hope in the wrong

things and people. I guess that makes me an impatient optimist? In any event, I plan to avoid McDonald's for awhile.

paitence is a virtue dan,and believe me not one of mine(which is not good for a middle of the road traveler),and yes,i still have a hot temper,espically when driving.

i avoid mickey d's at all costs anyway.

Patience, or the lack thereof, tends to be my downfall, as well. The other day, while shopping, my wife complimented me for not running into and cursing an old lady because she happened to be in the same aisle and not moving at a speed I deemed appropriate. It is sad when that garners a compliment.

I go nuts when I'm standing in line at a quik stop and the person at the head of the line has a need to put all the change from his piggy bank on the counter and count it out for the cashier. This happened one time with 15 other people in line. My son turned to me and said, dad they do not have any baseball bats in here for you to use, so you will have to control yourself.

I think my biggest weakness is an almost irrational optimism. the older I get, the more I begin to understand that it is sometimes important to take off the rose colored glasses :|

having said that, I still think life is grand, or mostly grand

I procrastinate and I hate to write. I hate everything that I write. It's never as good as I want it to be.

That's one of the reasons why I come here, to become better, not just at writing either.

if I may say, you are a clear and concise writer. even when I'm not agreeing with you ;) I can't say I've ever wondered what you were trying to say

Impotent Rage. When I get angry, I do something productive in an attempt to make the wrong thing(s) that made me mad right again. In that way, I can control my anger, and stay calm. However, there are a LOT of things that I cannot do anything about. Political issues. Morons who cut me off on the highway and laugh about it. (Before you ask, they almost cliped me and I could see clear as day into the driver's side, pracitcally counting the idiot's freckles, so, yeah, I saw him pointing at me and laughing.) These are things I CAN'T do anything about, and it tends to make my hackles rise to a point where it's no wonder I'm 27 years old and have a pacemaker.

On the plus side, I DON'T take it out on my wife and son, nor do I become violent. So, I've been able to control my anger. But that "Impotent Rage" is still there.

Moving too fast. Not physically but in my younger days that was true as well.

Even though I am aware I jump to conclusions, make assumptions, etc - I often do not force myself

to WAIT...think it thru more...question enough......

Too often because I can, I equate that with I must...or I should

I know life is a marathon not a sprint but often, I fear I will miss an opportunity to I rush to absorb it

and learn from it and I lose wisdom and perspective when I am hasty, I hurt feelings, I fail to fully understand.

Learning to slow my actions and words down a bit has helped - I need to do so more.

Von

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think everyone would lose their cool after 22 minutes!

To me, it's anger, at perceived (by me) injustices. I often need to back off and let it go. Not fight everything.

• 2 months later...
  • Amulet locked this topic