I hear Fred Phelps the minister from Westboro has died. The minister who cruelly picked many Soldiers and Gay people's funerals.

I have to say my respect to the first picket of his funeral.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/god-hates-**-westboro-baptist-churchs-first-protest-since-death-of-founder-fred-phelps-marked-by-perfect-counterdemonstration-9210773.html

I wonder if Westboro will learn from this but then again I some how doubt it.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it is my understanding that there was no funeral for phelps.and according to something i read on yahoo(for what it's worth)he had been ex comminicated by his own"church".

i can't say i am sad about this.

I see Westboro continues their message of hate on their site.

Addressing one of their quotes from the site about the world needs to hear the message of homophobia more than oxygen, water and bread is for me just plain stupid (IMO). I can imagine a member gasping for breath or starving and I just go over and give them a message on homophobia. I am sure they would not thank me.

I guess one of the reasons the God hates message never took off in the UK is a f-a-g is a cigarette over here and some gay and lesbian (but not all) would probably hate them too..

I see Westboro continues their message of hate on their site.

Addressing one of their quotes from the site about the world needs to hear the message of homophobia more than oxygen, water and bread is for me just plain stupid (IMO). I can imagine a member gasping for breath or starving and I just go over and give them a message on homophobia. I am sure they would not thank me.

I guess one of the reasons the God hates message never took off in the UK is a f-a-g is a cigarette over here and some gay and lesbian (but not all) would probably hate them too..

i have to laugh pete,as some older people over here refer to cigarrettes as **.the first time i ever heard someone"smoking a **"i wasn't sure whether to laugh,or be scared.

their message of hate will continue as long as the inbreds live.what can one expect.

I know he upset a lot of people and I cannot say I liked the Westboro message, but I think the sorry for your loss picket would have the impact of making people think of Westboro's posture as inferior (imo). Pink funerals at Westboro just seem to give Westboro what I think they get off on and that is conflict to give themselves the feeling that they are fighting a moral war for God. I think they enjoy the conflict and upsetting people. Weird though that is (imo)

So I read above that love is the answer to hate, but wait, no, that acknowledges hate and ill will by some towards others. I also read that by acknowledging one side of the story we support the other, which may or may not be true.

I guess what I'm getting at is regardless where we come in on the merry-go-round of Life, there is indeed a starting and stopping point.

I can't be afraid to post what I think about bigots and fear mongers "because it gives them power"...

I can't be afraid to post what I find positive about peace and love movements "because it objectifies these thoughts"...

I can't be afraid to post what I feel is important in my spiritual realm "because it may hurt someone" who doesn't believe the same way I do...

I can't be afraid to post what I find comforting to my spiritual quest "because someone else may not understand me"...

...the bottom line is people like Fred Phelps have their followers and haters, as does the Pope, Billy Graham, Martin Luther King Jr., Kirby Hensley and all spiritual leaders, it just totally depends on which side of the fence each individual is on. As a free person I should be able to post what I think about leaders and followers as they fit my sense of self and being...not anyone else's.

If a person chooses to love them, so be it. If a person chooses to hate them, so be it. If a person chooses to ignore them, so be it.....and on and on and on...so be it... that is just the way the world spins today....and what spins one way today may not do so tomorrow that may not be like the day after that!

One less corrupt, amoral individual walking the Earth is all I think about him as he compares to me, however the loss his loved ones and family feel at this time is a deep emotional burden for them...and for that I wish them all Blessings of Healing and Peace...which in no manner of speaking means I support what any of them stood for.

Blessings Be,

I never said do not challenge them. I just felt the sorry for your loss was a powerful approach. I personally do not mind if people see me as someone who does not like Westboro or their message. They are banned from coming to the UK and I am not sorry for that.

I never said do not challenge them. I just felt the sorry for your loss was a powerful approach. I personally do not mind if people see me as someone who does not like Westboro or their message. They are banned from coming to the UK and I am not sorry for that.

:thumbu: :thumbu:

:thumbu: :thumbu:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/7898972.stm

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/religion/4696132/US-Church-which-calls-for-homosexuals-to-be-killed-banned-from-UK.html

Yes, Fred Phelps warned that supporters over here would become angry at their ban but nothing happened and there has never been a picket in their favour in the UK. They can believe what they will but I am free to believe what I will and picketing gay and soldiers funerals and not showing any compassion for the grieving families is for me an evil. They are just religious psychopaths (IMO) who cannot feel the pain of others and indeed celebrate in their suffering. Which is something I cannot ever support them in.

First let me start off by saying that I am a USAF Viet Nam era veteran, Member of the Patriot Guard Riders and the Bugles Across America. As a Christian minister my only thing I have to say is that now Jim Phelps has to answer to God. During the Viet Nam war I've had bottles and rocks thrown at me. (and bottles were glass in those days!). I've seen people who I consider my friends call me horrendus names. But I've also met some awesome human beings that have become better friends than I could of expected. Mr. Phelps was the inspiration to form the Patriot Guard Riders, not to protest his people but to honor our vets. We must look to the future and turn any evil in any form into an opportunity to honor our God and support with love those who need it.

Thanks, Peace Be To All!

I agree. There are many things this man did that I disagree with. He showed what can happen when our ministers are never able to be questioned. He perpetrated acts of cruelty on the relatives of soldiers and gay people at the time of their funerals. He used the freedom a speech which was given him by those who fought for his freedom which he said he hated. He lied and lied again about what was happening to people should they not listen to him. He fostered bigotry against gay and lesbian people. He hated the US and many countries around the world. I do not care what people have to say about the US but they have also to acknowledge that without the US many countries around the world would either not exist and be under dictatorships and I count the UK as one of those countries. I honour our troops but also in the same breath the soldiers of the US because I know without them it is unlikely I would have freedom of speech and be possibly part of Hitler's or Stalin's empire. Fred Phelps never recognised just how lucky he was to be born in the US as many other countries would just have exterminated their church for some of the things he has said.

Like also as RevJackP has said I have seen the patriot Guard Riders on youtube and I salute them.

Edited by Pete
  • Amulet locked this topic