The "w" Word For Male Witches

The AMORC does not look down on anyone's path. They teach to follow the God of your heart, knowing that our concept of God is as unique as each individual.

Neither does the Confraternity of the Rose Cross, the offshoot of AMORC of which I was a member :) .

Edited by Belenos

The AMORC does not look down on anyone's path. They teach to follow the God of your heart, knowing that our concept of God is as unique as each individual.

So there really is 7 billion different gods!! I just knew it!!

Blessings Be,

(Maybe only 6,998,500,000....allowing for the approx. 1.5M Odhinnists!!) :rofl:

Nobody has suggested "wizard." The word means "wise one." As distinct from "dull-ard" or"drunk-ard" :)

It is a good suggestion, but Harry Potter and roleplaying game stereotypes have ruined the term for me personally :( .

-at- Freyja Worship,

Count me in, mmmmmm :) .

Edited by Belenos

Hello,

I have labeled myself a classic male Witch for some time, but I have decided to begin referring to myself as a Warlock instead. I know many in the Witchcraft community (especially Wiccans) cringe at the use of the term and consider it perjorative. (Yet my favorite book on non-Wiccan Witchcraft, Mastering Witchcraft by Paul Huson is subtitiled "A Practical Guide for Witches, Warlocks, and Covens.") Some cite an etymology that renders it as "oath breaker" from the Old English waerloga. Some people are now referencing a newer etymology deriving the term from the Norse vardlokkur meaning "spirit song" or maybe "spirit caller." In pre-modern Scotland the term was frequently used to mean cunning man or "white Witch" who was generally a benevolent magical practitioner. Whatever its true origins, it has come to simply mean a male Witch. I have decided to call myself a Celtic Warlock from this point on rather than Celtic classic male Witch. It is more concise, and most people are familiar with the term courtesy of the television show Bewitched. (Paul Lynde was hysterical as Uncle Arthur :) .) I respect the right of others to reject the term, and I hope others will respect my right to utilize it.

You are correct. Paul Lynde was hysterical as Uncle Arthur!

As to all the rest, I know naught!

I, too, fought for freedom of speech as well as our other dwindling freedoms. That said, I also tend to look upon those who do not bother to learn basic grammar in speech or spelling in writing as being either less educated or at the least, too lazy to care. I don't take these sorts of people nearly as seriously as I would if they would at least take time to use a spell check on their computer's word processing program. Pronunciation is another matter. There are many words that have so many different ways to pronounce by looking at them. Ore gun and Ore gone are a good example. If one was to spell it Oregun, however, I would take issue, not with the offender personally. but in my own mind. Mind you, this is only MY opinion. I have riled up many a forum with this opinion and have been called many dark and black things for it.

In what war was that where you fought for freedoms? The great Oregon War of 1978? I think I was there....Cheap Trick opened for...gosh, can't remember much after that.... there was that dude, and the thing, and then nobody made sense....just dark and black things....

hehehehe :rofl::wub::hi:

You are correct. Paul Lynde was hysterical as Uncle Arthur!

As to all the rest, I know naught!

In what war was that where you fought for freedoms? The great Oregon War of 1978? I think I was there....Cheap Trick opened for...gosh, can't remember much after that.... there was that dude, and the thing, and then nobody made sense....just dark and black things....

hehehehe :rofl::wub::hi:

Did I say it was a war? Could have been slapping the crap out of smarty britches. :bangin::bleh:

• Amulet locked this topic