Asking For Prayers

I am going in for knee replacement surgery 1/30/2014. Pretty routine - they say. November 2007 I went in for a hip replacement, infection, more surgery, (hospital borne pathogens), heavy doses of antibiotics, (gentamicin), regular tests forwarded to the MD's, who ignored them. Gentamicin is a very strong antibiotic that is usually given 3 - 5 days. I was left on it IV for 19 days until I had a near death experience 12/11/1207 while in the hospital.

More on this on request.

It was real! I came around with 5 nurses at the foot of my bed and a Doc holding my hand. I was grateful and thanked the Doc. He said, "Tom, I did nothing, God has something else for you to do" WOW, this is my first thought each day. I try to do what I think God wants me to do.

Now, the villain arthritis has taken my right knee, I can barely walk and the pain is terrible. So, an Orthopedic Doc that I trust has me going to another hospital next Thursday for knee replacement.

Needless to say, I am somewhat anxious because of my past experience,, so I am asking for prayers.

Tom

sending you lots of light and positive thoughts for your surgery tom, no infection for you this time :)

I have a friend that I see every day in the park (I'm a dog walker) who is finally enjoying pain free walks with his little dogs again. It is SO nice to see him with a spring in his step and a smile.

for you too :)

Edited by grateful

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thank you for your prayers and good thoughts. I am getting better, walking with only a cane and not too much pain. The physical therapy is very painful, but necessary. I must keep reminding them I am 75 years old and have vestibular dysfunction, (no balance).

I am still alive, my wife loves me, family cares and friends I have never met, like you care. On Feb. 18, a good friend, Marty passed from cancer. He was diagnosed only one month ago after a fall and went fast. We are working together.

Tom

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for your prayers and good thoughts. I am getting better, walking with only a cane and not too much pain. The physical therapy is very painful, but necessary. I must keep reminding them I am 75 years old and have vestibular dysfunction, (no balance).

I am still alive, my wife loves me, family cares and friends I have never met, like you care. On Feb. 18, a good friend, Marty passed from cancer. He was diagnosed only one month ago after a fall and went fast. We are working together.

Tom

good to hear you are getting there tom

but very sorry for your loss :( I've wondered if leaving so quickly is a blessing or a curse - in april of '92, I was shopping at mizner plaza with my mother. in august, I was sitting in a cemetery listening to prayers for her soul. I am grateful that she didn't suffer long. it felt like I had just acknowledged she would leave and she was gone.

tell those pt's to go easy on you :)

• Amulet locked this topic