Favorite Religious Text?

Amendment I

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof: or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peacefully to assemble, and the petition the Government for redress of grievances.

Not a religious text, Youch.

Though I do agree, and believe that NONE of the Bill of Rights should be messed with.

How so, Mr. Tim Bland?? An historic and virtually unprecedented text that (first) promotes the freedom to practice and express religious thought and (second) inspires and liberates millions of humans, is to me sublime. I was asked a question. And I answered it. How can I be wrong in this regard?? Confine me naught in your box. Walk with me outside the normal box and you will be happy, as it is free.

Amendment I

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof: or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peacefully to assemble, and the petition the Government for redress of grievances.

Sorry to be picky but, you made some typo's. It instead reads.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• Amulet locked this topic