Favorite Religious Text?

Without a doubt my favorites are the Gospel of Mark and the Epistle of James. In Mark we see Jesus as a servant. He explains his mission and message through his actions. Mark includes more of Jesus' miracles than any of the other books. Mark shows us Jesus gave his life in service to mankind. He lived out his message through service, therefore, we can follow his actions and learn by his example.

In James we find a interesting message. For staters it rarely mentions Jesus. Instead the author focuses on righteous living. It mentions action over faith which is contradictory to many of the Pauline books. The author of James seems to mimic the ethical teachings of Jesus without mentioning Jesus at all. It would appear the author believed it was not Jesus the man but Jesus the message that was most important.

†?†

Edited by ReverendV

• 2 weeks later...

I previously mentioned The Mabinogion as my favorite religious text for the Welsh portion of Celtic mythology, but I would also like to add the tale "Cath Mag Tured" (called the Second Battle of Moytura, or Moytura the Northern) for the Irish Celtic :)

Edited by Belenos

What is your favorite religious text? Be specific. Mine is the Epic of Gilgamesh.

Amendment I

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof: or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peacefully to assemble, and the petition the Government for redress of grievances.

• Amulet locked this topic